Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

26 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Everyone hated it in 5 and defense in 6 is fucking aids. 

On god I hate this shit so much lol. Even suggesting a character should have throw loops in 5 got you sent to the gulag now niggas want to change up and act like they never hated it.

Outside of that I don’t like throw loops either. To me it’s in the same box as drive rush: I understand why it’s here and I don’t HATE it, but it just does absolutely nothing for me as a viewer or player and I think the game is worse for having it

What does irritate me tho is that characters with throw loops and good damage conversions or offense are better grapplers than the actual grapplers. Absolutely guarantee Ken is getting more work done with his back throw than Gief is with SPD.

57 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Throw loops off regular throws are gay as fuck. I don't know why they brought that shit back when SFV yes, SFV fixed this issue. Everyone hated it in 5 and defense in 6 is fucking aids. 

Fucking tech for fuck's sake.

Its the most base mix up possible. You can block and delay tech to beat the layer one of it. Go practice it. There's barely any true tick throws and the game feels like it has a largeish throw tech window.

You can forward jump, backdash, delay tech just to deal with the layer one. If we're removing throw tech, I gotta handy dandy list of shit I'd like to get shot in the head too.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Its the most base mix up possible. You can block and delay tech to beat the layer one of it. Go practice it. There's barely any true tick throws and the game feels like it has a largeish throw tech window.

You can forward jump, backdash, delay tech just to deal with the layer one. If we're removing throw tech, I gotta handy dandy list of shit I'd like to get shot in the head too.

NICE TRY BIG CAPCOM!

I’ll take the throw till I’m dead I’ll never tech on god!

Im surprised no media has said that sf6 broke the all time record in peak viewership and total viewership. By almost double what dbfz had in 2018 and by a fourth of what MK11 did at the reveal. Even beat out smash bro's record. I'd imagine eventhubs would have had an article by now. 

Edited by Maravilla
6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Its the most base mix up possible. You can block and delay tech to beat the layer one of it.

I do agree with your sentiment but the throw loops have a different timing than a delay tech most of the time which makes it more difficult to deal with.

9 hours ago, Sonero said:

The more I play against JP, the more I realize that whoever made him probably should've gotten fired.

Him comboing into a level 3 from full screen for that much damage is nonsensical. I don't think there's an SF where somebody can cash out 3 bars of super meter in such a silly way.

JP is fine. A lot of the universal systems keep him honest, the wind up time of his moves give plenty of time to move in on him and seeing how a couple of his specials moves are designed to knock you to the other end of the screen having a full screen super makes a lot of sense. JP is one of the most fun matchups in the game once you figure out how to fight him.

The fun to fight tier list

IMG_1919.thumb.png.bcc3cb3bfb289d04bcf0cf20132535ef.png

List is ordered left to right as well. 
* Rashid is below Kim in Not Fun

* Manon is in Not Fun because I hate mirrors

* Frequency also plays a role. Marisa and Ken would be higher if they weren’t so damn common. 
* Jaime was almost down in Not Sure with Luke. I don’t fight them enough to have a solid opinion.

Edited by Vhozite
34 minutes ago, Sonero said:

JP is closer to not fine than he is to fine.  Giving his level 3 smaller range probably does a lot calm down the situation. Him cashing out from full screen for that much damage is silly at best and poorly conceived at worse.

What are you doing for his level 3 to be a problem? The average JP player uses his level 3 the same the majority of the cast does.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

JP is closer to not fine than he is to fine.  Giving his level 3 smaller range probably does a lot calm down the situation. Him cashing out from full screen for that much damage is silly at best and poorly conceived at worse.

He's not really cashing out from full screen because that combo everyone does starts off from either close-range scrambles into Drive Rush or some whiff punish into Drive Rush. That combo requires the heavy version of Stribog to hit, which is the one that actually splashes full screen, and to combo into that move you need a lot of frame advantage (it has 28 frames of startup), so either punishing with a heavy button or drive rushing into that heavy button.

The combo starts in close or mid-range from footsies, so I don't really see it as a full screen combo, it just leaves you there at the end.

If you reduce the range of level 3 heavy Stribog is still gonna splat full screen and he will just not be able to do the final cancel into super, but everything else still works. He can still go into super 1 and I think I've seen Kakeru having a Super 2 route as well that I assume has mixup potential to it.

2 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

The fun to fight tier list

IMG_1918.thumb.png.65d9aa06397d514798874b08435e23dd.png

List is ordered left to right as well. 
* Rashid is below Kim in Not Fun

* Manon is in Not Fun because I hate mirrors

* Frequency also plays a role. Marisa and Ken would be higher if they weren’t so damn common. 
* Jaime was almost down in Not Sure with Luke. I don’t fight them enough to have a solid opinion.

Zangief is fun until he has level 3 loaded up. Gief players are turning butter until they can catch up slipping and you just die.

I find Guile fun to play mainly because he should be a matchup that should be bad for Marisa on paper when it's not. It's the one match where I can walk a character down to the corner and stare at them waiting for them to make a move. It may be the on matchup where Sonic blade becomes an necessity for him.

I put Jamie in not fun due to how much of a knowledge check that MU is. I played my share of Jamie's and I'm still not sure when I should be pushing buttons and when I should be defending.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Zangief is fun until he has level 3 loaded up. Gief players are turning butter until they can catch up slipping and you just die.

I find Guile fun to play mainly because he should be a matchup that should be bad for Marisa on paper when it's not. It's the one match where I can walk a character down to the corner and stare at them waiting for them to make a move. It may be the on matchup where Sonic blade becomes an necessity for him.

I put Jamie in not fun due to how much of a knowledge check that MU is. I played my share of Jamie's and I'm still not sure when I should be pushing buttons and when I should be defending.

Gief is fun for me because it’s basically a race so see who will break and lose 40% off a mistake first. Both stressful and hilarious. 

Guile is just kinda middle of the road for me. Don’t dislike him, not a bad matchup (imo), but nothing about him is exciting or fun to watch/fight either. Feels like a basic bitch SF match lol.

Yeah Jamie is pure knowledge checks and I really don’t enjoy fighting him. The only reason he’s in neutral is because I don’t fight him enough to actually dislike him. I’ve thought about using him for maybe a week or two just so I can actually learn the matchup. The drink thing makes him a pain to lab.

36 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I've actually started playing Jamie seriously on a whim and I made it to Platinum 5 with him after doing really bad in the placement matches.

The answer is that it depends because a Jamie player is likely also looking at how you're reacting to his rekkas. He's -6 on block on the first hit until level 4 where it becomes -3, but it can be spaced and Jamie's entire gameplan is induce people into trying to punish him or claim their turn, find out they're just barely out of range, and then whiff punish them into an actual full rekka for a solid 15% damage. The whole point is making people afraid of pressing buttons or make them lose their patience.

Add random sweep into drink, fuck-it-we-palm into drink (two drinks if EX hits, it's safe anyway so just throw it out), and on a meager drink level 1 EX divekick into DP juggle into drink, and you have an optimized Jamie on your hands. /s

The explanation above about jp having to land his hp stribog is correct. You're not landing stribog in neutral mostly and you can't combo into it like the other versions where you can't follow up with anything. So in order to land that you either have to get lucky and land it in neutral or drive rush into it after a normal which will cost you three bars. Pretty sure every other character can combo into level 3 off certain hits. 

Edited by Maravilla
28 minutes ago, Sonero said:

He can go into level 3 from cr.lk, st.lp, st.lp xx lp striborg, from hitting you with a spike while zoning and other random stuff.

JP Downplay Force is in full effect.

🧐

Are you sure you can go into level 3 off those lights and light striborg? I think NOT! Next post better be an apology! 

Edit- obviously trolling about the apology, but yea he can't combo from what you mentioned. 

Edited by Maravilla
36 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Ok I was wrong and I apologize, you CAN combo into level three from lights. You have to mash after light striborg. However, again, you STILL have to be close to connect with lights, doesn't that apply to EVERY character in this game? Ken can combo into his level 3 from lp,lp,dp,level3, so can ryu, so can Luke, so can juri, so can cammy,so can marisa,etc. what's the difference? 

Bro, not every character in this game is sending you full screen then shitting on you with a level 3.

On top of also randomly being able to level 3 you from full screen because they hit you with a fireball. Him getting into level 3 after spending 10 seconds doing every other special he has is why he shits damage. Which other fireball character is doing that?

18 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Bro, not every character in this game is sending you full screen then shitting on you with a level 3.

On top of also randomly being able to level 3 you from full screen because they hit you with a fireball. Him getting into level 3 after spending 10 seconds doing every other special he has is why he shits damage. Which other fireball character is doing that?

They don't need to send you full screen, they're not zoners, they WANT to keep you close. If you get hit by a fireball d,df,f+Kick thrn yes he can also get you with it but you have to not block it FROM FULL SCREEN AWAY lol, that's the exact same thing as ryu doing a fireball from full screen away and then doing level 2 super if the opponent doesn't block the fireball, it will also connect. Im

not saying jp isn't top tier, or that he needs it, I'm saying other characters have strong stuff too, he's a zoner he should have powerful zoning tools, but pretty sure he has trouble against faster characters coming in going ham etc. Honestly to me top 5 right now (which can change soon as the game is new) are jp,ken,guile (yes guile mofos) and dumb ass luke. 

Got to Diamond 1 with Jamie in about a couple days.

Platinum is toxic as fuck between people who one and done and weirdos who literally just jump and DI, but at least being annoying as hell with Jamie is fun.

I miss Manon's longer normals, but at least I don't have to deal with the russian roulette that is trying to land a grab as a grappler.