Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

21 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

Sounds right - you still playing Cammy? Still have a char crisis ongoing, but practised a few DR combos as her and starting to enjoy, might try maining her for a bit if I ever get over this hump

No, I’m pretty much locked onto Cammy.

I’m starting to think I only had a character crisis in V because that game sucked 😏

I had a character crisis in this game too, none clicked completely with me, finally decided to main ryu and my second character I chose is juri, the reason at first I decided against playing juri was "she has a projectile BUT you need to stock it" but now my way of thinking is "you have to stock it, BUT she has a projectile". 

iDom losing to a JP on stream because JP fell out of SA2. You hate to see it but at least it’s not just me. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/InterestingRealQuailHotPokket-EUY_6oTAtz4v_31C

This exact scenario is why I try not to use this super unless they’re pretty close and I’m sure I’ll get full juggle. It’s annoying because the initial hitbox of this move is gigantic and otherwise really good.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

iDom losing to a JP on stream because JP fell out of SA2. You hate to see it but at least it’s not just me. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/InterestingRealQuailHotPokket-EUY_6oTAtz4v_31C

This exact scenario is why I try not to use this super unless they’re pretty close and I’m sure I’ll get full juggle. It’s annoying because the initial hitbox of this move is gigantic and otherwise really good.

In my experience canceling EX Wheel into Super 2 usually fixes the issue.

I don't know if most people know you can cancel that EX move into Super 2 tho.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

In my experience canceling EX Wheel into Super 2 usually fixes the issue.

I don't know if most people know you can cancel that EX move into Super 2 tho.

You can, but iirc you get either better oki or more damage (can’t remember which) by linking instead of canceling into SA2. Obviously shouldn’t be done here but if you are already in the habit of not canceling I can see messing up the combo like he did. 

Edit: Just checked my notes and it’s extra knockdown advantage

Edited by Vhozite
On 9/12/2023 at 6:18 AM, CESTUS III said:

Lol just discovered got yellow card, no idea how (did'nt even got notification, 🟨 just appeared on the profile banner)

Don't talk trash (or talk at all beside lazy "Gg" at the end), don't ragequit not even if i'm on big lose streak

My connection is shit and even if usually don't lag may occasionally fall during a match, but i play Battle Hub, not even ranked stuff lol

I got a yellow card a while ago because I made the mistake of playing the game on a steam deck. If you play enough games without the connection failing it will go away

13 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Hey man when mannon pulls you in with her move is she plus? Mofocus keep on command grabbing my ass. 

HP > HP is +3

MP > MK is + 2

Backdash/Jump/OD Uppercut's will beat the grab/throw attempts but then you'll start seeing st.LK/c.LK/c.LP to stop your jumps and combo you. If you don't Backdash/Jump out of the grab attempts after her vacuum target combos then the Manon will abuse that shit until they can't anymore. 

The past couple sessions have been awful.  I just can't vibe with this game at the moment. Feels like I hit a wall. Can't stop people from doing dumb shyt.

The matchmaking is supposedly fixed and yet I fight the same exact people MULTIPLE times within the same hr. No matter what time of the day I play. Too many people are playing this game to be paired with the same people. I don't want to have to blacklist players so I can have an actual fresh session.

Man, I'm just having less and less fun playing SF6.

39 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Do what I did: Switch characters and go kick it in the battle hub.

One thing that I learned from the Strive experience is that the social portions of the tower made the whole experience of playing more fun. Just going to  the battle hub and playing randoms with characters I don't know kinda lessens the sweat aspect and allows me to vibe better.

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Do what I did: Switch characters and go kick it in the battle hub.

One thing that I learned from the Strive experience is that the social portions of the tower made the whole experience of playing more fun. Just going to  the battle hub and playing randoms with characters I don't know kinda lessens the sweat aspect and allows me to vibe better.

I started chillin in the hub last night and I did find myself enjoying it.

I had my sights set on getting to 2K MR, but this system makes it so hard. On top of getting the same exact people, I'll get a stretch of players that give me 2 MR or 1. Sometimes 0.  Then I'll get on a nice couple streaks and lose all my progress in like 4-5 games. I kinda just starting to care less about it.

I think juri is really fun, she's definitely really strong too, you don't even need to use drive rush to get near your opponent and her regular dash is fast as hell, I've noticed win or lose I still have at least 2 sometimes 3 stocks available which means her gameplay allows for stocking extremely easy and fast. She does have a learning curve though and is more complex than most characters, but that's part of the fun. 

3 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

The past couple sessions have been awful.  I just can't vibe with this game at the moment. Feels like I hit a wall. Can't stop people from doing dumb shyt.

The matchmaking is supposedly fixed and yet I fight the same exact people MULTIPLE times within the same hr. No matter what time of the day I play. Too many people are playing this game to be paired with the same people. I don't want to have to blacklist players so I can have an actual fresh session.

Saw your match against Shine today on stream. Yeah seems rough once you get to the higher MR ranks and have to keep playing the same people. Same thing is happening to me in the lower MR ranks, same people over and over and a lot of them one and done for some reason.

In SFV once you hit diamond you were thrown to the wolves fighting Warlords. There was a huge group of players in the same pool. In SF6 every rank seems more protected but the downside is you'll constantly be getting matched up with the same players, especially at higher ranks.

I remember this became a topic of discussion in Strive early on about the way it did matchmaking in the tower.  Numbers being what they are and skill distributions being a thing, had to explain to people that way the strive tower worked was that so ranges of people could find adequate competition. If you make it more "elite" you get an increasingly smaller population.

And so here we are, because the FGC is one of the dumbest places and it got what it asked for.

Not at shot at either of you btw. But the problem with doing things this way was obvious. Its why ranked for Warlords, as HeavensCloud mentioned, involved fighting a lot of diamonds.

😂

6 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Master Rank after 40ish hours of ranked grinding. It stopped feeling tedious after reaching Diamond 5. Got it done in 1.5 sessions from that point going forward.... now what lol

Join me in Battle Lounges, hanging out with the crazy avatars and doing learning new characters.

There's a way to play team games in this, right? Wonder if you can do CvS2 style stuff in this game? can't remember if you can or can't.

45 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Saw your match against Shine today on stream. Yeah seems rough once you get to the higher MR ranks and have to keep playing the same people. Same thing is happening to me in the lower MR ranks, same people over and over and a lot of them one and done for some reason.

In SFV once you hit diamond you were thrown to the wolves fighting Warlords. There was a huge group of players in the same pool. In SF6 every rank seems more protected but the downside is you'll constantly be getting matched up with the same players, especially at higher ranks.

I'll see a lot of Master players not run it back with Diamonds or those who don't give anything more than a few MR.

Personally, I run it back with all Diamonds because I just wanna play. I'll take that over fighting the same people multiple times within the same hr. 

I remember back in SFV when a player had just reached Diamond and were paired up with me almost immediately. I felt so bad lol.

8 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I had my sights set on getting to 2K MR, but this system makes it so hard. On top of getting the same exact people, I'll get a stretch of players that give me 2 MR or 1. Sometimes 0.  Then I'll get on a nice couple streaks and lose all my progress in like 4-5 games. I kinda just starting to care less about it.

Not that I’m good enough to get 2k mr but it’s so fucking tedious getting points after master the most I was able to get was 9 points and then if you lose yeah.. I played for a while and gained 2 points in the end so it’s probably accurate lol.

I took a break and played other games and came back a couple days ago. Ranked is rough but casual matchmaking is horrendous I’m fighting platinum ranked players and lower Diamond which is fine but if it does find someone near my rank it’s the same 2-3 people all day. 

between matchmaking and the input reader idk if I’ll put as much time into this as I did 5 and if I do it’ll be a slow burn with breaks in between.

4 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Who here getting master with all characters?

I don’t know if I’m capable of handling that lol.

Just ran a bunch of sets with a pretty good jp, why are y’all lying saying he’s zoner lol.  In a game that requires most characters to power up or have limited stocks of the good shit JP just having unlimited access to portals is kind of nuts, on top of great buttons etc etc.