Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Ghost Rider #1 by Benjamin Percy dropped today. I’m a big Percy fan but I’m very unfamiliar with Ghost Rider so if I do pick it up it’ll likely be by trade. 

Im also expecting Marvel comics is building up to a Midnight Sons event/mini series. There’s a lot of signs of it throughout several titles. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Ghost Rider #1 by Benjamin Percy dropped today. I’m a big Percy fan but I’m very unfamiliar with Ghost Rider so if I do pick it up it’ll likely be by trade. 

Im also expecting Marvel comics is building up to a Midnight Sons event/mini series. There’s a lot of signs of it throughout several titles. 

Yeah, I just hope the comics side handles it better then they have in the past. It shouldn't be that hard to make a bunch of badass monsters/monster killers readable.

I really like Iron Man and have since the 90s. But the appeal of the Black Cat character and Iron Man armors don't intersect like at all IMO.

Even leaving the obvious loss of sex appeal aside, she is supposed to be the 'Lady' thief with some luck abilities. Using cunning and some gadgets to get the items she wants. Give her super armor and you might get cooler fights but it ain't Black Cat.

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I really like Iron Man and have since the 90s. But the appeal of the Black Cat character and Iron Man armors don't intersect like at all IMO.

Even leaving the obvious loss of sex appeal aside, she is supposed to be the 'Lady' thief with some luck abilities. Using cunning and some gadgets to get the items she wants. Give her super armor and you might get cooler fights but it ain't Black Cat.

The only reason I’m willing to give it a chance is Jed McKay is writing it. Even then…naw. 😂

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

That Iron Armor design is smoking tho. Really cool look. 

Hella random tho. 

If it was Hellcat, Patsy Walker it’d made more sense to me since she’s been going on adventures with Tony in the current Iron Man run.

But I don’t know what’s going on with Felicia outside of her giving Ben Reilly a shove when he had doubts about being Spider-Man. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

If it was Hellcat, Patsy Walker it’d made more sense to me since she’s been going on adventures with Tony in the current Iron Man run.

But I don’t know what’s going on with Felicia outside of her giving Ben Reilly a shove when he had doubts about being Spider-Man. 

Yea I'm talking purely from a design aspect that armor is hot. The rest I have little to no opinion on I really don't read comic books anymore so I have no idea what's going on right now. 

I thought that Riri Williams chick was female Iron Man lol. 

Edited by RSG3
12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea I'm talking purely from a design aspect that armor is hot. The rest I have little to no opinion on I really don't read comic books anymore so I have no idea what's going on right now. 

I thought that Riri Williams chick was female Iron Man lol. 

I genuinely have no idea what happened to RiRi. As far as I know she’s still with the champions (Miles, Viv Vision, Kamala, Amadeus Cho)

15 hours ago, Wellman said:

Last year, Felicia got into Stark's building to steal something from Tony and while there she happened to come across the machine that builds armors.  So she got one made to help fight off and escape Iron Man. But the suit is still there, and make no mistake, Felicia has used anything from the supernatural to whatever to get what she wants.

32 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Is getting with Peter's EXes going to be a thing for Tony? First it was Mary Jane and now Black Cat. 

Did MJ have a romantic relationship with Tony? I know she was basically a puppet CEO for him after some event went down (can’t remember which. I just know it’s during Dan Slotts run) but I don’t think they were ever romantically involved. 

37 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

she will always have Peter on a pedestal, but she gets around, if you know what I mean

I mean, when Otto became Superior Spider-Man one of the first things he did was bang Felicia on a roof top. So. 😂

30 minutes ago, Maxx said:

look it's not everyday you get to dick down a mob boss. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking her for knocking boots with a who’s who of marvel. 😂

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Did MJ have a romantic relationship with Tony? I know she was basically a puppet CEO for him after some event went down (can’t remember which. I just know it’s during Dan Slotts run) but I don’t think they were ever romantically involved. 

They did have a romantic relationship during Bendis run on Iron Man.