Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

17 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I read it way differently.

Hide contents

He's already super socially awkward. His lack of self confidence personality is just so he can grow as a character. Its obviously turned up a bunch because of having multiple personalities but i think its def his default personality

Spoiler

Steven is definitely not the default personality. Everyone who knows him outside of his gift shop identifies him as Marc and it's clear that Marc is the one that lost control and is trying to regain it.

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Steven is definitely not the default personality. Everyone who knows him outside of his gift shop identifies him as Marc and it's clear that Marc is the one that lost control and is trying to regain it.

Spoiler

His boss treats him like shit which implies to me steven is the default. If it's Marc she would be treating him way diff

22 minutes ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

His boss treats him like shit which implies to me steven is the default. If it's Marc she would be treating him way diff

Spoiler

His boss treats him like shit because he's constantly late for work and thinks that his interest in Egyptian history is his way of interviewing for a position as a museum guide. He's a pain in her ass. We don't know yet how long he's been living as Steven.

Im gonna agree with that. I didn't like Suicide Squad but it had some moments that really worked. 

Nothing. Not one fucking thing in Wonder Woman 84 works properly, or is properly addressed when it does work right. That movies a God damn disaster and it's amazing to think the writer and director of it is the same person who did the first one. Fucking hoooooow!?!?!?!

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Im gonna agree with that. I didn't like Suicide Squad but it had some moments that really worked. 

Nothing. Not one fucking thing in Qonder Woman 84 works properly, or is properly addressed when it does work right. That movies a God damn disaster and it's amazing to think the writer and director of it is the same person who did the first one. Fucking hoooooow!?!?!?!

When you're given carte blanche,sometimes it's worse than being micromanaged by the studio.

I have a feeling the script was a first draft that was held in place and maybe due to corona and the boxoffice of the first one  , didn't get a thorough passover. There's too much weird stuff that was not cut out for a mainstream blockbuster film.

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

When you're given carte blanche,sometimes it's worse than being micromanaged by the studio.

I have a feeling the script was a first draft that was held in place and maybe due to corona and the boxoffice of the first one  , didn't get a thorough passover. There's too much weird stuff that was not cut out for a mainstream blockbuster film.

They literally steal and sex up a random dudes body and no once addressed its someone else's body aside from the mirror scene which is like 30 seconds of "Oh... huh" And then never again!!! How did they even make it past the rough draft?

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Bro have you read Immortal X-Men #1 yet?! 

holy shit

Yeah, I did.

Spoiler

They are really making Sinister a memorable character at the x-office. So in theory he can end and start new timelines with his Moira clones. I wonder if that really works just like that, Moira dying, or if there's something needed because they are not going to restart a timeline, right?

I like Selene and want to see more of her. Was hoping she would join the council, that she would be more willing to play ball considering how she has behaved in X-corp. We'll see what happens. Also funny how there's been so many (ex) villains in the council: Apocalypse, Magneto, Exodus, Mystique, Sinister, Emma.

And damn Abigail for being a backstabbing bitch, and still show up to petition for a seat on the council.

But so far it's another great X-book! And Lucar's Werneck's art is good, especially in  the covers

277523878_7442099609196628_6439526917397

277519282_7442099672529955_1176429317127

277176270_7438274186245837_7215131824846277222550_7438274189579170_1446465280305

277352346_7438274249579164_3843002565605

Angel Solorzano

277534956_7438535799553009_1619549749652

image002-2.jpg

I liked this new Strange volume. I have seen only little of Clea before, and she always seemed to demure, gente and whatnot. But she's in reality she's so savage and brutal I like it 🤘 And her new costume looks great! Worthy of a ruler of a hell dimension. Better than her old second costume.

CleaMarvel.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVWpANuNGWgZ32sgAaA-R

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

If there was any doubt, Marvel confirms that Netflix Daredevil is canon to the MCU.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/daredevil-matthew-murdock/on-screen

This is cool i was wondering if they were just going to leave it as a stand alone series but after Spiderman NWH,i kinda guessed as much. The real question is what about the other Defenders and Punisher?? I guess time will tell but its a very exciting prospect if the others are included since they have already been established in their shows.

I just saw Morbius and i thought it was trash. 

Im in debate if this is beats Fantastic 4, X-men 3 and X-men Dark Phoenix as the worst Marvel movie of all time. 

It's a piece of shit movie and I don't care about putting spoilers. Do not waste your time or money, and if you are going to take the fat ugly girl you hooked up with on tinder just go to a Sizzlers buffet or Chipotle instead. 

Fuck this movie. 

Edited by zatalcon3
32 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Last two seasons of Shield deviated hard from what the movies were doing. It's time travel rules were completely different than Endgame

. . . and because didn't gross over 1 billion dollars, Marvel will keep that fact as a footnote to be explained away by Dr. Strange.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124
5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Last two seasons of Shield deviated hard from what the movies were doing. It's time travel rules were completely different than Endgame

True but they don't have to make it all canon, due to the multiverse bubble they popped, they can pick and choose what is canon or not.

X-Men Red number one  dropped today. It’s pretty good. 

Spoiler

Storm is basically recreating the X-Men for Arakko/Mars but it’s got more of a “Brotherhood” flair to it. 

so far the only confirmed members are Magneto, Sunspot and Storm. Vulcan will likely join the group later as he’s been in a lot of the publication pressers 

you also learn early in the issue that not all Arakki are omega level mutants as Magneto meets a Arakki citizen with no mutant powers to speak of shortly after he arrives on Arrako. Much to his surprise. He goes by the name Fisher King and he is likely going to play a big role in this book as (to me) he’s being written as an advisor to Magneto and Storm on Arakki culture. 

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, Wellman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Mr. Knight form being a version of Steven's summoning the suit/armor kind of sucks at the moment. But  it at least looked sort of cool in implementation. Still great episode.

Spoiler

I'm hoping that Steven will evolve into the Mr Knight persona because just using the suit will be a colossal waste of the best version of the character

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I forgot Elektra existed, that was a thing lol

Yeah every few years something or someone reminds me about Affleck as Daredevil and Garner as Elektra. Weirder then the live action incarnation of Thor attached to the old Incredible Hulk tv series.

25 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I feel like the cast was fine but the creative direction and writing fucked up all the potential the movie had. 

I don't know if you've seen the director's cut, but it was better than the theatrical release. Even a nice subplot of Matt being an actual lawyer among other improvements, seemed to flow a bit better overall. Directors cut is definitely watchable I'd say

Edited by HD-Man

I don't know how true it is, but there was rumors at one point that studio meddling is basically what ruined the theatrical release of Daredevil and I honestly believe it looking at the massive difference in quality. The Director's cut was the true vision of what the movie was supposed to be. 

When I watched Whedon's JL then Snyder's version, it gave me similar vibes to this movies situation 

23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I don't know if you've seen the director's cut, but it was better than the theatrical release. Even a nice subplot of Matt being an actual lawyer among other improvements, seemed to flow a bit better overall. Directors cut is definitely watchable I'd say

Ive seen the directors cut. And yeah, it’s much more coherent. 

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Don't mean to jump around, but back to Ghost Rider, they RUINED Blackheart. Like wtf was that? If they knew they didn't have the budget to do him right, they shouldn't have attempted. Shit was awful. He's definitely in that category with Cloud Galactus 

Could have been worse, he could of broke out his camcorder and started recording plastic bags again 👀