Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

8 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

They do. The ones that immediately come to mind are Black Cat and Silver Sable. Those characters can lead projects and don't need Spider-Man to function. Both of them have versatility to their characters to make different types of movies. They can use Black Car for standard superhero fare, a heist movie, crime drama.

Silver Sable could be good as an intentional spy thriller, action thriller a la the Bourne films, a cheesy 80s action movie flair with the wild pack.

They are not choosing the right characters

Agreed.

Love me some Silver Sable. There's a lot of potential here as a stand alone movie and  she can easily cross over into the MCU to join our favorite wall crawler. I reallllly don't know what Sony is thinking these days....

6 hours ago, Wellman said:

The only thing I can think some one must really like the character or his look cause there are other Hispanic villains who with the right touch up could have been used chief among them Tarantula who in most incarnations has no powers but is just a bad ass fighter/mercenary.

The ultimate version of Scorpion is Hispanic. In fact, that version of the character appeared in Homecoming. Since that's MCU I guess he would be off limits but better than who they ended up going with

40 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The ultimate version of Scorpion is Hispanic. In fact, that version of the character appeared in Homecoming. Since that's MCU I guess he would be off limits but better than who they ended up going with

Ultimately sony owns all the rights. If they felt like it they can replace whoever especially since the scorpion hasnt done anything yet besides a guest appearance

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I honestly think Mr. Mando just hasn't been given a check or script he likes by Sony or Marvel. 

278186459_7507975045942417_7861797741545

Elektra sketch by Boleslav William Felix Robert Sienkiewicz (Bill Sienkiewicz)

279496093_1024607891522198_9826623781177

10 hours ago, iStu X said:

Related but not:while  I know I should give it more than two issues I absolutely hate Steve Orlando and Carlini’s Marauders. It’s so bad. 

I liked it so far. I couldn't understand why have Cassandra Nova on the team but they have given the reason, we'll see how relevant it is. And well, more Psylocke.

Edited by AriesWarlock
6 minutes ago, GreyFoxx said:

MK finale was okay i guess? The pacing was weird as all hell or was it just me?

Havent watched yet but im curious about this pacing thing. Its always been weird especially in the early part just because he was splitting time with the personalities. But not woth only one major one im curious about this. Imma watch later today

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Be extra careful with Dr. Strange spoilers, guys. I haven't run across any, but a sentiment I've seen a couple people I follow share is that there is A LOT to spoil with this movie. So, avoid everything you can.

I'm seeing it tomorrow after work. Already got my ticket. I was going to wait until Friday but I'm driving home to VA tomorrow and I'll just get home 3 hours later than usual. 

Ok.. So i watched the finale and i kinda get what they are doing

Spoiler

-layla feels like shes the egyptian answer to the wondee woman issues some people have with gal being israeli

-i think alot of us suspected the other personality was jake but wasnt sure because thats not how any of this works 

-i get marvel said they were gonna create their own personalities but i feel like this cheats the fans. Like I know in kevins head he was creating a want for moonknight to kill that's why they left that murderous side to jake but you also lost fans on the way to the reveal. 

Huh, while it did not stick the landing as well as I wanted it too, I enjoyed my viewing of Moon Knight. None of the Disney + shows have been perfect and all them seem to share the Netflix issues of having great spots either at the beginning, middle or end but not landing consistent throughout the run.

Spoiler

Have to admit, I chuckled at the blacking out during the climatic fight thing cause that is definitely one way to save on budget and this salaries aside looks like the most expensive show since Loki with all it's special effects. But it does suck not seeing anything about the Jake persona until the very end. 

I like Layla and hope even if they don't bring my boy Oscar back she does come back.

Edit: Shout out to Ethan Hawk's performance as well. He did a wonderful job and at times I barely could recognize or remember it was him.

Edited by Wellman

Just got back fron watching Dr Strange. 

For a bit of context: After Endgame I haven't watched ANYTHING Marvel. (CB related for that matter) Not even FFH, even though I intend to eventually. I just don't give a shit about the direction they're taking the Universe in at the moment. 

That said: this is the best fucking Marvel movie. I'm not joking. It's incredible! If you've seen the spoilers and hated the sound of them, you'll be surprised how good it's actually executed. If you loved them, you still have no clue what's in store for you. 

And there's one reason for this: Sam Raimi. This motherfucker just oozes talent: he brought everything out of these actors to make them as sympathetic as possible, he put his directing experience to incredible use in such a fitting way for this story and it's the best cinemarography in a Marvel movie baaaar fucking none. There's no shot that's not memorable. 

Without this incredible direction, this movie would've been a mess. But as it stands, it's going to top the world, I swear.