Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

24 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

They’ve deleted and reuploaded that trailer about three or four times today because they’re getting killed in ratio of people rightfully shitting on the event. The entire premise makes no sense. Why’re they retconning the mutants into deviants when it’s been established for almost 65 years that they’re the natural progression of man. like what the fuck. 

also, why the fuck are the avengers even there? Even with Danvers and Thor the X-men and/or the Eternals could wipe the floor with their entire roster without breaking a sweat. 

Edited by iStu X
5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's a weird way to make the Eternals matter. 

I mean, they’re one of the most important groups in the history of marvel. But their purpose was lived out long ago. More-or-less, anyways. So they should have just been phased out, tbh. 

I like Kieron Gillens current run on The Eternals. It’s fucking great. But mainly due to it basically being a Thanos solo series that happens to have the Eternals adjacent. 

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I mean, they’re one of the most important groups in the history of marvel. But their purpose was lived out long ago. More-or-less, anyways. So they should have just been phased out, tbh. 

I like Kieron Gillens current run on The Eternals. It’s fucking great. But mainly due to it basically being a Thanos solo series that happens to have the Eternals adjacent. 

I know of their importance to the history of the universe but they have no relevance in current stories and characters outside of Sersi. Unless Marvel wants to make them their new gods I don't see much use for them. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I know of their importance to the history of the universe but they have no relevance in current stories and characters outside of Sersi. Unless Marvel wants to make them their new gods I don't see much use for them. 

I agree 100%. All of them are extremely boring and lame for the most part too. 

like, the best Eternals story is during Neil Gaiman’s run where Sprite is so pissed off about being stuck as a 12 year old boy (which means no one whether they be eternal or human) wants to fuck him that he mind wipes the Eternals 

Edited by iStu X
8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

They’ve deleted and reuploaded that trailer about three or four times today because people keep rightfully shitting on the event. The entire premise makes no sense. Why’re retconning the mutants into deviants when it’s been established for almost 65 years that they’re the natural progression of man. 

like what the fuck. 

From what I am reading from comments, and from what the video implies, Druig, one of the Eternals' villains, is trying to create shit with the mutants. That aside, the x-gene was created by one of the Celestials. One Celestial created the eternals, another the deviants, and another (Oneg The Prober) the mutant gene.

I have always wanted to see how a mutants/Eternal situation with the Celestials would play out, so I am interested in this.

6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I agree 100%. All of them are extremely boring and lame for the most part too. 

like, the best Eternals story is during Neil Gaiman’s run where Sprite is so pissed off about being stuck as a 12 year old boy (which means no one whether they be eternal or human) wants to fuck him that he mind wipes the Eternals 

Neil Gaiman story was my introduction to them. I enjoyed that story and Sprite's motivation for being the story villain. How could anyone not feel for the guy?

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't know what this hellfire Gaia shit is but I like drip that comes with it.

The abridged version is that it’s a huge social event where the mutants allow the rest of the superhero community and people of interest from all over the world to the island. 

They announce the new x men roster, catch up with friends they haven’t seen in a while, hand shake deals with people, behind the curtain deals with people, etc. 

Last years was really cool. One of the best parts of the Gala was after an exchange with Emma and Captain America. Cap was in aw of Emma when he saw her. Afterwords as she was talking to Kate Pryde she was like “Cap is not usually someone I’d see myself with but something about him tonight” 

Her and Cap keep locking eyes as she’s taking to Kate so she probes his mind super quick to see what he’s thinking about her and realizes that the reason Cap was in aw of her was due to him thinking Emma looks like his mom. Much to Emma’s disgust. 😂

Edited by iStu X
19 hours ago, iStu X said:

I mean that is basically the best way to write an Eternals/Inhumans story. They are groups but because of their unique situations it is best to have a true lead focus character to write the plot around while touching in on the other characters. You can change the lead but you don't write the team story like X men or Avengers or F4 cause most of the potential audience probably don't know or care about most of the other characters.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I thinks it's a combination of budget and not wanting to conflict with the eventual Fantastic Four re-introduction.

I really dont think its budget personally, her powers are different than reeds but to a mainstream audience all they will see is stretching. I think its purely to not confuse them 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I thinks it's a combination of budget and not wanting to conflict with the eventual Fantastic Four re-introduction.

Her powers are similar to reeds but also entirely different. Reed can’t do the majority of what Kamala can. It was done cause Marvel/Disney thinks casual MCU fans are fucking idiots. 

Edited by iStu X
54 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I really dont think its budget personally, her powers are different than reeds but to a mainstream audience all they will see is stretching. I think its purely to not confuse them 

I don't even think it is that fully, I get the feeling aside from wanting to tie her in closer to Carol/Monica in the power set, they figured glowing cosmic stuff looks better then whatever their budget would allow them to do with stretching and size changes.

Hoping they pull off the tone well at least. They have nailed it in everything save the middle of Loki IMO with the shows.

20 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Who in the mcu has super similar powers? 

Everyone in Tony's circle got powered armor. Rhodey and Pepper got armors. Bucky is a super soldier like Captain America, there are thousands of Black Widows all over the world, got another hyper competent archer with improbable aiming skills with Kate Bishop, Ant-Man's family of characters has his powerset. With the amount of derivatives that already exist in the universe I'm suppose to think that Marvel can't handle having two characters with similar surface level powers? Nah man

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Everyone in Tony's circle got powered armor. Rhodey and Pepper got armors. Bucky is a super soldier like Captain America, there are thousands of Black Widows all over the world, got another hyper competent archer with improbable aiming skills with Kate Bishop, Ant-Man's family of characters has his powerset. With the amount of derivatives that already exist in the universe I'm suppose to think that Marvel can't handle having two characters with similar surface level powers? Nah man

Those dont count because they connected. Antman and hawkeye literally building their next gen arent gonna confuse anyone. Its a clear connection. 

Bucky has a super arm lol. 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Those dont count because they connected. Antman and hawkeye literally building their next gen arent gonna confuse anyone. Its a clear connection. 

Bucky has a super arm lol. 

Derivatives are derivatives no matter who they are connected to. I can through Iron Fist and Shang-Chi in that convo as both are super powered material artists. Does Fist not count because he has no movie? MCU Fist powers isn't as developed as Chi with the rings? 

22 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Derivatives are derivatives no matter who they are connected to. I can through Iron Fist and Shang-Chi in that convo as both are super powered material artists. Does Fist not count because he has no movie? MCU Fist powers isn't as developed as Chi with the rings? 

Fists power sets are very diff than shang chi. The fuck? Now your pullin at straws. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Fists power sets are very diff than shang chi. The fuck? Now your pullin at straws. 

He's really not because say whatever you want about their powers at the end of the day boiled down their power is "Super Duper Martial Arts." They kick the shit outta people real real good. 

I agree I don't think Reed has fuck all to do with it. I think it's time. No I don't think budget plays much role either as Black Panther had a huge budget and it's CGI is awful. They don't have the time to do morphing right so it's gonna look fucking stupid. It's way easier to make shit glow then it is to morph it. 

I don't have much of an opinion on Kamala either way so this change is kinda whatever to me, but I get why it bothers people, would bother me if it was someone I knew better. 

Edited by RSG3

Iron Fist actually has powers though. He inherited an ancient mantle and the powers that came with it. He’s an avatar of ass whooping’ and can manipulate chi and auras.

Whether it’s comics or MCU Shang Chi doesn’t actually have any powers. He can just whip your ass six ways from Sunday. He’s a master of nearly every fighting style on the planet. He is also definitively the best fighter in the marvel universe. 

Edited by iStu X
13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Bro that's a fucking super power lmao. 

I mean…no? No really. I mean, he’s helped train tons of fighters in the marvel universe, namely avengers and he helped spider man develop his own fighting style (the way of the spider) but none of that is an actual power. His dad just raised him as a child soldier.

Danny had to be trained how to use the Iron Fist as there’s a lot of powers that come with the mantle

Edited by iStu X
9 minutes ago, iStu X said:

mean…no? No really.

Yes really. People spend their entire lives Mastering 1 or 2. He's mastered almost all of them? That's a fucking super power. Like people who claim Batman has no super powers but he's a Master of almost every Martial style by 30 or so. Same for these guys.

This aggravates me about comic books. Knowing this many martial styles to that level of effiency in that short a time takes inhuman genius caliber brains and workout routine but they just sell it as "Ah you know he spent a lot of time on it."

Fucking no. 

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This aggravates me about comic books. Knowing this many martial styles to that level of effiency in that short a time takes inhuman genius caliber brains and workout routine but they just sell it as "Ah you know he spent a lot of time on it."

Yeah but comics. 😂
IRL logic doesn’t exist 

Edited by iStu X
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea but I don't care lmao. Them dudes have fucking super powers lol.

I mean they all usually do eventually. In the comics they usually always wind up giving powers like Shang Chi a few years back got a cloning power and always some have some move that shouldn't be humanly possible.

1 minute ago, Wellman said:

I mean they all usually do eventually. In the comics they usually always wind up giving powers like Shang Chi a few years back got a cloning power and always some have some move that shouldn't be humanly possible.

Frankly their knees should be pudding after all thise 3 point landings lol. 

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Shang chi only has powers in mcu and only with the bands. 

Yea I know but that's less a super power and more using a tool. His level of Martial Mastery is his super power. Being able to use the Rings at the same level as his old man the moment he gets them is his super power. 

Edited by RSG3
35 minutes ago, Wellman said:

That was due to some AIM experiment that Cap asked him to go through and it hasn’t been used since 

Edited by iStu X
On 3/19/2022 at 8:16 PM, Maxx said:

Everyone else: wooo marvel Netflix shows on Disney 

Me an unapologetic degenarate: but did they keep Luke cage blowing jessicas back out two ways to Sunday and raw dogging the shit outta her asshole lol

Apparently yes. Haven't seen it myself but Disney Plus did have me register myself as a adult profile now.