Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

This sounds dumb as fuck. I mean…it fits the narrative that the mutants have made themselves public enemy #1 despite just wanting to be left alone but still. This sounds fucking dumb.

Especially when it’s been loooooooong established that Mutants aren’t deviants but the natural evolution of man the Celestials wanted. 

God the more I think about this the more fucking idiotic it sounds 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

This sounds dumb as fuck. I mean…it fits the narrative that the mutants have made themselves public enemy #1 despite just wanting to be left alone but still. This sounds fucking dumb.

Especially when it’s been loooooooong established that Mutants aren’t deviants but the natural evolution of man the Celestials wanted. 

I guess you could view it as the mutants are a potential threat to celestials based on the abilities they achieved? Or maybe they expected more like people like steve rogers and the spiderman  and not demi gods

On 1/28/2022 at 1:43 PM, iStu X said:

It sounds like the Marvel comics editorial we're trying to get the jump on the MCU by coming up with a new origin for mutants that might be used in the MCU. They did the same with the Inhumans and basically ruined the concept by pushing too hard and not knowing how to do it.

33 minutes ago, Wellman said:

It sounds like the Marvel comics editorial we're trying to get the jump on the MCU by coming up with a new origin for mutants that might be used in the MCU. They did the same with the Inhumans and basically ruined the concept by pushing too hard and not knowing how to do it.

Yeah, but for the most part the Inhumans suck. 😂 so their push was bound to fail. Lockjaw best boy though.

Honestly using a low budget show helmed by the guy that submarined Dexter was worse than not trying at all. Before no one knew who the Inhumans were now, if they do, normies will think "Wasn't that the shitty show with the cool dog?"  Anson Mount did a good job though. Show was bad, he was not. Dude did better acting with no lines than most people do with a good script.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly using a low budget show helmed by the guy that submarined Dexter was worse than not trying at all. Before no one knew who the Inhumans were now, if they do, normies will think "Wasn't that the shitty show with the cool dog?"  Anson Mount did a good job though. Show was bad, he was not. Dude did better acting with no lines than most people do with a good script.

The issue with the inhumans is that none of them are particularly interesting. Plus they really only focus on about four of them: Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal and Maximus the Mad. 

Black bolt can be interesting but it takes changing his dynamic. Home boy is a flying brick but his sonic powers have the ability to level a block with a whisper plus the mantle of king of a hidden society where they literally were still practicing a genetic caste lottery and if you wound up on the losing side your future is fucked.

The problem with Marvel was in the comics they tried to play it like the standard super hero fair cribbing from the old X men handbooks. The Inhumans concept (The Eternals as well most of the time) work best as a drama/scifi political warped looking glass through which you examine humanity. The series was just fucking done too cheaply and without knowledge of how to do it. Hell Agents of Shield set them up in the second season but they were determined to try to use the Inhuman royal family and they botched it.

12 hours ago, iStu X said:

The issue with the inhumans is that none of them are particularly interesting. Plus they really only focus on about four of them: Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal and Maximus the Mad. 

The royal family are difficult characters to root for. They uphold a caste system in their society, have a slave race (I know alpha primitives haven't been a thing for a while but still) and generally don't do anything to improve things. They are the heroes?

9 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

And Black Bolt has like 7 wives. I wanna see that on screen and the reactions that will get!

He reluctantly has a concubine due to the intergalactic Inhumans. He even “mentioned” it to Medusa that it makes him uncomfortable and that she is his one true wife 

Edited by iStu X
10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The royal family are difficult characters to root for. They uphold a caste system in their society, have a slave race (I know alpha primitives haven't been a thing for a while but still) and generally don't do anything to improve things. They are the heroes?

And that is why they should be more interesting. But in modern comics, the 'Big 2' until recently have only been about sales and some times going for prestige. Now they are about sales but mostly trying to build around what they can use in potential other media now. I think the Inhumans as a concept under the normal hero trappings fails, but playing with those grittier and hard aspects, which not a lot of folk can use properly, you get some good stories.

I find it a shame they did not use the universal Inhuman queens and population as well as they could have after Hickman introduced them in his Fantastic Four/FF run. Having other queens and new royalty among the cast could have been interesting even if they didn't go for the multiple romantic options route. Which as an anime fan who grew up with Ranma and Tenchi Muyo, I personally would be down with. 

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So wait is she his wife or his concubine?

Medusa is his one true wife in both their eyes. 
the concubine was made for political reasons and was basically done against his will. 

edit; I’m using the word incorrectly. My bad. He has a shit ton of wives and he hates it lol. Medusa knows this despite it being her idea for the above mentioned political reasons 

Edited by iStu X

Black Bolt a man that, unlike Cyclops, loves and only wants to be with his wife. I can see how the situation went down.....

Medusa: "To secure our power base I'm going to need to you marry these other women"

Black Bolt: (You're my wife. Politics be damned. I'm not marrying anyone else.)

Karnak: "My queen what's he saying? He seems displeased."

Medusa: "He simply concerned for my feelings. He's agreed to the additional marriages."

Black Bolt: (Very funny dear. Now tell him what I really said.)

Karnak: "I see. The required intimacy would be rather awkward for you my queen."

Medusa: "Yes but, it will keep the peace. Karnak, make the arrangements."

Black Bolt: (Medusa! What the fuck!?)

🙃

The first issue of the Sabretooth mini-series was just released and holy shit it’s awesome. 

also I really hope the X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine leads to something major because so far the event sucks. Which is a disappointing because Benjamin Percy being apart of the X-Team has been one of the best parts of the relaunch. But holy shit it’s boring, dumb and clunky 

I'm 2 months late and I've watched Spider-man during its opening week.

It's on the top of my favorite MCU movies, and possibly top 5 movies of all time. 

I loved it and have seen it 3x. I love how brilliant marvel is on its storytelling and how all the past sony films are in a way canon now, because you have to watch all of Toby and Andrews films in order to understand what is going on and get fully connected to the movie. The music too was so well placed. 

Andrew's spider-man stole the movie for me. I just loved how it became his redemption arc both story wise and just his movies at a whole (since people shitted on them). 

Awesome movie! 

6 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

The biggest, baddest, most dangerous team of Avengers returns in 'Savage Avengers' #1

Im wondering who’s the anti venom host abd where this lies in continuity. Cause right now Flash has the Anti-Venom symbiote but that can’t be Flash Thompson. Flash looks entirely different when he has either symbiotes. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Who's the Doomsday looking Hulk?

Weapon H. His name is Clayton Cortez. He was made by an off shoot of Weapons Plus by splicing wolverines and hulk’s DNA together. He looks terrifying but is actually super spiritual and down to earth. 

He hasn’t been really used in the comics since  shortly after his debut in 2017

Edited by iStu X