Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

23 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Really liked this one.

Hide contents

Glad that the Tobey/Garfield appearance was actually well-written into the plot and not just a cameo in the final battle. Especially liked Garfield, poor guy got slammed for being a good actor in subpar films, glad he got his shine. Also the guy was constantly being harassed once the leaks started coming through so also kudos on the personal side of things

Also was intrigued by his "I stopped pulling punches" line like I wanted to see if Garfield was tapping into the dark side but they never elaborated on it so....

Spoiler

I feel like they took elements of the spiderverse and he was basically the fat Peter Parker but on the darker side 

This might be my favorite MCU movie ever made. Big ups to Marvel Studios for taking one of the craziest Spidey stories ever and re-imagining it into something a lot more….believable 🙏

Spoiler

Sony’s Venom can still eat my ass though. It’s a bit of a relief at least to see them imply the MCU Venom is probably a separate entity entirely, lol.

27 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:
  Hide contents

Loved the scene of how Peter's Spider Sense was going off for Green Goblin while they were in the apartment. A prolonged lul instead of a briefish flash.  It really showed how much of a danger GG was. Also, Dafoe was clearly having the tme of his life playing him again, lol.

Spoiler

I lowkey hoped he was gonna manipulate everyone into staying and start over in the mcu 

4 hours ago, Lantis said:

Really liked this one.

Hide contents

Glad that the Tobey/Garfield appearance was actually well-written into the plot and not just a cameo in the final battle. Especially liked Garfield, poor guy got slammed for being a good actor in subpar films, glad he got his shine. Also the guy was constantly being harassed once the leaks started coming through so also kudos on the personal side of things

Also was intrigued by his "I stopped pulling punches" line like I wanted to see if Garfield was tapping into the dark side but they never elaborated on it so....

Well....

Spoiler

Spiderman's is really strong. If doesn't pull his punches that means his villains weren't going to survive. Garfield was the MVP of this film. There were a lot of strong performances but man he was good.

I saw it last night and right now it's tied with Winter Soldier as the best non-Avengers MCU movie for me. There was so much in this movie that I keep considering new things. One of those things has been nagging at me.

Spoiler

The spell of forgetting affected everyone in that reality who knows Spider-Man's secret identity disregarding the circumstances, not just the ones who know because of Mysterio. This means that Vulture forgot as well. IMO this ruins the best aspect of MCU Vulture. That he knows it's Peter Parker but likes and respects him enough to not use it to ruin his life or torture him. That made him my favorite villain.

Also, doesn't the Venom credits scene confirm that the Vulture we see in the Morbius trailer and the Vulture from MCU aren't the same person?

5 hours ago, Rioting Soul said:

Hide contents

Also, doesn't the Venom credits scene confirm that the Vulture we see in the Morbius trailer and the Vulture from MCU aren't the same person?

Spoiler

Why would it? The stinger at the end of Venom had nothing to do with Vulture. It barely hadn’t any ramifications at all.

Edited by B R O W N
3 hours ago, B R O W N said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why would it? The stinger at the end of Venom had nothing to do with Vulture. It barely hadn’t any ramifications at all.

Spoiler

Venom taking a trip to MCU means his movies(and Morbius) take place in a different universe. Vulture appears in the Morbius trailer so unless MCU Vulture got sent to Venomverse then that's a different Vulture, right? To clarify, I meant the Venom 2 end credits.

10 hours ago, Rioting Soul said:
  Hide contents

Venom taking a trip to MCU means his movies(and Morbius) take place in a different universe. Vulture appears in the Morbius trailer so unless MCU Vulture got sent to Venomverse then that's a different Vulture, right? To clarify, I meant the Venom 2 end credits.

Spoiler

The way I see it, and I could be wrong but: Morbius seems to take place in the quote unquote “MCU” while Venom exists in whatever Sony-verse he’s from. I don’t think it’s been explicitly detailed that Venom and Morbius are in the same universe but if there’s something proving me wrong by all means someone point it out. Never really thought about this too much actually until you posed the question, now I’m kinda curious as well. 

29 minutes ago, B R O W N said:
  Hide contents

The way I see it, and I could be wrong but: Morbius seems to take place in the quote unquote “MCU” while Venom exists in whatever Sony-verse he’s from. I don’t think it’s been explicitly detailed that Venom and Morbius are in the same universe but if there’s something proving me wrong by all means someone point it out. Never really thought about this too much actually until you posed the question, now I’m kinda curious as well. 

Spoiler

It's confirmed morbius is in the mcu because Michael Keaton exists in his film. 

10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:
  Hide contents

What if Morbius takes place in the Raimi or Amazing Spiderman or Venom universe, and Toombs is simply a variant? That's what I'm getting from the trailer, I don't think Morbius is in the MCU at all (yet) 

Spoiler

I personally think that sounds too fucking confusing for mainstream audiences. Their barely keeping up with the multiverse now... And I'm pretty sure Dr. Strange 2 is gonna majorly fuck them up. So I really hope it's just mobeus is in the MCU for simplicities sake. 

I'm leaning heavily towards

Spoiler

Morbius being in the Venom verse. And with rumors of Sony wanting to do Amazing Spiderman 3 w/ Andrew Garfield, that's why I slightly think there is a chance Morbius could be from there too. 

But I'm sure we're all probably wrong at this point. And like u said Dr Strange might pull a Crisis and somehow merge them in some way at the end 

Edited by HD-Man
8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm leaning heavily towards

Hide contents

Morbius being in the Venom verse. And with rumors of Sony wanting to do Amazing Spiderman 3 w/ Andrew Garfield, that's why I slightly think there is a chance Morbius could be from there too. 

But I'm sure we're all probably wrong at this point. And like u said Dr Strange might pull a Crisis and somehow merge them in some way at the end 

Spoiler

We don’t know why Venom is being poofed around. Or who’s doing it. Once we figure that out I’m sure we’ll know more. 

but since in the morbius trailers reference Peter vs. Mysterio and he meets the vulture there’s no reason to not believe he’s in the “616” mcu verse and not somewhere else. 

but he also mentions venom who hasn’t been really confirmed or denied to be in the main mcu verse. So who fucking knows. 😂

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:
  Hide contents

We don’t know why Venom is being poofed around. Or who’s doing it. Once we figure that out I’m sure we’ll know more. 

but since in the morbius trailers reference Peter vs. Mysterio and he meets the vulture there’s no reason to not believe he’s in the “616” mcu verse and not somewhere else. 

but he also mentions venom who hasn’t been really confirmed or denied to be in the main mcu verse. So who fucking knows. 😂

Spoiler

I heard a theory that the venom being poofed is a handwavy explanation. Hence why they mentioned the hive mind of the symbiotes since they can be connected across the multiverse. So essentially he knows Peter is Spiderman without even realizing it hence he got sent back

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

I heard a theory that the venom being poofed is a handwavy explanation. Hence why they mentioned the hive mind of the symbiotes since they can be connected across the multiverse. So essentially he knows Peter is Spiderman without even realizing it hence he got sent back

Spoiler

I mentioned the hive mind theory a page and about a month ago after watching Venom 2, I also think it's a thing in the comics too, maybe we'll get Knull way down the line at some point.

But anyways, Perfectly explains how Venom ended up in the MCU. Strange fucked up the spell, so I'd imagine the end credits scene from Venom 2 took place at the same time. Then him being sent back once Strange fixed things, since he'd share knowledge of who Peter was with Raimi Venom. All seems to line up

41 minutes ago, HD-Man said:
  Hide contents

I mentioned the hive mind theory a page and about a month ago after watching Venom 2, I also think it's a thing in the comics too, maybe we'll get Knull way down the line at some point.

But anyways, Perfectly explains how Venom ended up in the MCU. Strange fucked up the spell, so I'd imagine the end credits scene from Venom 2 took place at the same time. Then him being sent back once Strange fixed things, since he'd share knowledge of who Peter was with Raimi Venom. All seems to line up

Spoiler

I didn't read your post, I just know the hive mind from the comics. Eddie brock is in control of the entire hive mind currently of the symbiotes.

33 minutes ago, Maxx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't read your post, I just know the hive mind from the comics. Eddie brock is in control of the entire hive mind currently of the symbiotes.

Spoiler

Sorta. At the end of Cates run they show not all of the symbiotes are apart of the hive mind. And I’m not talking about just Carnage and the other off spring. 

Also in the current venom run There’s someone out there who can tap into other symbiots. Also Eddie is “dead”. 😂

Edited by iStu X
13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The Skull is too iconic for Marvel to ditch. It's too profitable for that. 

They are though lmfao. 🤷🏾 

Literally that's what's happening. Copaganda ran too hardcore and ruined it and now Disney doesn't wanna be associated with that symbol. Plus it's not like Disney can go after cops over it.... Thunk of that shit show "Disney doesn't respect the thin blue line" 

Edited by Maxx
27 minutes ago, Maxx said:

They are though lmfao. 🤷🏾 

Literally that's what's happening. Copaganda ran too hardcore and ruined it and now Disney doesn't wanna be associated with that symbol. Plus it's not like Disney can go after cops over it.... Thunk of that shit show "Disney doesn't respect the thin blue line" 

But that's not what's here. The Skull changes reflects Frank becoming a member of the Hand (which is dumb af btw). Marvel has done plenty in their comics to discourage cops from using his logo. They've put it out there how those guys are misrepresent the character