Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

32 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I know there is some environmental shit with the usual medium that stuff is stored but isn't that more a sign of poor taste then something folks should be giving flack over. Especially if she is buying something like a dumbass.

I think it's weird people are monitoring what she spends her money on this closely. 

Y'all a bunch of fuckin stalkers, but somehow she's the weird one. 

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I think it's weird people are monitoring what she spends her money on this closely. 

Y'all a bunch of fuckin stalkers, but somehow she's the weird one. 

She tweeted about her NFT purchase. Not like those people are combing through her financials. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

as opposed the process that bitcoin mining uses? oh wait...she said mean thing about men so she must be flamed .

If you read through the replies her fans bring that up. Her fans are disappointed that she supported a scam.

49 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I personally don't get NFTs but what's the big deal about someone purchasing them with their own money? Doesn't seem like a legit reason to cancel someone unless I'm missing something 

People don't want NFTs to be a regular thing. Any support for them is discouraged. Eminem caught shit for buying a bored ape NFT of himself. 

From what I can understand, outside of environmental concerns minting them causes,  NFTs have become a pyramid scheme. Get your friends and followers to participate in order to get rich thing. Recently a bunch of celebrities have been publicly endorsing NFTs and they have all caught flack for it.

It’s less that Larson brought a stupid and ugly and more that she’s using her influence to scam her fans.

But what's the difference between endorsing and just purchasing something? Was Brie Larson actively promoting everyone to go buy a certain NFT? I mean X/Y celebrity can purchase a Ferrari but that doesn't mean they are encouraging others to buy one or are endorsing Ferrari.

I think the whole concept of NFTs are stupid but I also don't really care what rich people do with their money

16 minutes ago, Lantis said:

But what's the difference between endorsing and just purchasing something? Was Brie Larson actively promoting everyone to go buy a certain NFT? I mean X/Y celebrity can purchase a Ferrari but that doesn't mean they are encouraging others to buy one or are endorsing Ferrari.

I think the whole concept of NFTs are stupid but I also don't really care what rich people do with their money

This is my line of thinking as well. If she's posting ish all over her social media or whatever to get ppl to buy it, that's one thing. But her simply purchasing something is harming no one

And even if she was promoting it, you only have yourselves to blame if you let celebrities influence you to do dumb shit with your money, you a whole grown ass human being, made your own financial decisions 

40 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I’m just telling why people hate on this. As for endorsing, it doesn’t seem like it’s a coincidence a bunch of celebrities are doing this now. The purchases are very public as well whether it’s them changing their profile picture to their NFT, announcing they brought one, or Kimmel promoting one to his audience. In your example, you usually don’t have celebrities screaming they brought a car.

I get this on my TL all the time now, so I can at least explain why some people absolutely hate this.

39 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

And even if she was promoting it, you only have yourselves to blame if you let celebrities influence you to do dumb shit with your money, you a whole grown ass human being, made your own financial decisions 

I can agree but I have come to know that people are very stupid. Especially when it comes to media and celebrities. Like everyone hating that one kid from Game of Thrones just because he played a bad guy, I can see someone’s life getting ruined because a celebrity they liked got them into a scam.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

She tweeted about her NFT purchase. Not like those people are combing through her financials. 

Giving a fuck at all about what she buys is weird to me. I don't fucking care at all. Like I really don't care what Celebs do in their private time. I only care about their work. 

But hey that's me. 

21 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

On my timeline I occasionally get articles about how average people made fortunes by selling NFTs. These articles are coming from reperable places. There's definitely a corporate push for these things on every level

Unfortunately that is true, it is basically almost a high stakes gacha, which the corporate world is trying to farm out to all levels of society. But it is also one of those pushes that seem destined to fail down the line. I get the hate but like the now old adage states we should hate the game and not the player (or in this case the suckers conned into using this as a platform).

37 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

If we're lucky, maybe X-men 97 will explain how Xavier can walk in the Savage Land. Or maybe they did in the old show but I wasn't paying attention 

They tied his mutant powers into his paralysis which IIRC was not originally in the comics.

Sinister used a mutant power dampener in the Savage Land for the Season 2 storyline. He tricked both Xavier and Magnus into going there.

Throughout the season, Xavier is able to walk but not use his powers.

At the end of Season 2 when the X-Men and Magneto are trapped in Sinisters citadel, the X-Men don't have powers ,but after they destroy the machine, Xavier falls to the ground and regains his powers along with the others.

6 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

They tied his mutant powers into his paralysis which IIRC was not originally in the comics.

Sinister used a mutant power dampener in the Savage Land for the Season 2 storyline. He tricked both Xavier and Magnus into going there.

Throughout the season, Xavier is able to walk but not use his powers.

At the end of Season 2 when the X-Men and Magneto are trapped in Sinisters citadel, the X-Men don't have powers ,but after they destroy the machine, Xavier falls to the ground and regains his powers along with the others.

I knew about the other stuff, didn't know his powers were connected to his ability to walk tho (which is indeed weird) . Idk how I missed that info dump but it perfectly explains everything 

Some changes between Xmen TAS and the comics off the top of my head:

Deathstrike and Mariko seemed to share some character traits. Wolvy and Yuriko were former lovers in the show IIRC.

Banshee and Black Tom are brothers instead of cousins.

In the Dark Phoenix saga ending, Jean came back after she takes life force from all the X-men instead of just dying.

Nathaniel Essex is transformed into Sinister solely due to experimentation on himself as opposed to Apocalypse and his tech.

Proteus (Moira's son) is more childlike and confused than outright evil. Joe MacTaggart divorced Moira and remarried to another woman and has other kids in the show.

In the comics, Joe and Moira were still married technically. It is implied that he beat her and that the pregnancy was due to rape.

Proteus kills his host bodies after possessing them in the comics' in the show they were merely knocked out.

Edited by DangerousJ
On 2/8/2022 at 7:26 AM, HD-Man said:

I personally don't get NFTs but what's the big deal about someone purchasing them with their own money? Doesn't seem like a legit reason to cancel someone unless I'm missing something 

Because the people who cancel her because of that are only going with what the cult tells them.
NFT's bad because reasons, so if she bought an NFT she is a bad person.

Is black and white with those idiots.

Either you fall in line with ALL their tenets or you are a despicable piece of trash that deserves your life to be ruined.

For starters, all those idiots keep saying that the blockchain is bad for the environment, but if you ask them why, they don't know.

What is "bad" is mining for crypto currency, since it involves an increased energy consumption, but that varies from country to country based on how they generate their energy.

The block chain is nothing more than a network in servers, not different of twatter having multiple servers for their site.

But you don't see those idiots complaining about that, specially when many of those idiots keep twitting like crazy all day through their apple devices made by slave labor 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
22 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

She does get some part but I wouldn't say the issue revolves heavily around her. Many characters are featured. Many of them get good things. You'll see when you get there lol.

Since I know everything that happened between where I’m at in trades and inferno I’ve thought about subscribing to all the ongoings. But man..it’s a lot scattered about and I feel like it’d be a headache to follow outside of trade. 

“just read a series or two” isn’t an option. I must consume all of Krakoan era 

Edited by iStu X
40 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Super late question, did Feige ever confirm if Kingpin in Hawkeye was the same from Daredevil? I know the actor said it was but I kinda want someone at Marvel to confirm, trying to connect the dots here 

I haven't heard fiege say it but Vincent did. Said he even had the same cuffs

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

She does get some part but I wouldn't say the issue revolves heavily around her. Many characters are featured. Many of them get good things. You'll see when you get there lol.

Vita Ayala has wrote the New Mutants in such an amazing and gripping way. They’re really capturing the promise of The Krakoan Dream through the New Mutants. 

34 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I haven't heard fiege say it but Vincent did. Said he even had the same cuffs

That's bout all I heard too, i guess I'll just have to take Vincent's word on it, he'd know I guess 

Have you noticed any inconsistencies or plot holes contradicting anything in Daredevil? It's been awhile since I watched it 

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

That's bout all I heard too, i guess I'll just have to take Vincent's word on it, he'd know I guess 

Have you noticed any inconsistencies or plot holes contradicting anything in Daredevil? It's been awhile since I watched it 

Only hole is how kingpins out of jail. He was put in their at the end of daredevil, so we dont know what he did or he bribed to be able to skirt that. 

12 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Only hole is how kingpins out of jail. He was put in their at the end of daredevil, so we dont know what he did or he bribed to be able to skirt that. 

I'm thinking maybe some key people were blipped out of existence that allowed him to escape or pull some sort of shenanigans. Of course sometimes the simple answer is the best, bribery seems like something he'd do, probably bribed a judge