Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

Spoiler

Wanda doesn't seem dead to me, I saw that small burst of energy when the building collapsed on her. Per comic book rules, no body no death.

That said, it wouldn't be a bad send off for her unless they're gonna run a redemption angle later

39 minutes ago, HD-Man said:
  Hide contents

Wanda doesn't seem dead to me, I saw that small burst of energy when the building collapsed on her. Per comic book rules, no body no death.

That said, it wouldn't be a bad send off for her unless they're gonna run a redemption angle later

If it is, sure. If not sure. They cam pretty much do whatever as long as the narrative allows for it. 

I just saw Dr Strange last night.

Spoiler

The movie was ok. It wasn't a great movie as I hoped/expected but it wasn't a horrible one, but I did leave the cinema a bit disappointed.

There was only 1 high point in the movie for me, it was when Prof X came in with the X-men theme playing, after that it just became too weird and silly. I hope that isn't how Wanda goes out in the MCU, that was stupid and lame. Prof X getting his neck snapped was also stupid.

The problem with this movie is that it didn't do "fan service" right in comparison to Spiderman NWH. The acting in some of the scenes where weird. 

Movie is on the same tier as Guardians 2 and maybe civil war. 

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

She wasnt right about steven

Reveal hidden contents

He broke the rules to save the world... His goal wasnt selfish at all. She is flat out crazy and justifying her actions by saying if he can do it so can i... When her goal is 1000% selfish. Thats how they finally got her in the end... They logiced her to death by forcing her to see what she was gonna do by taking another wandas kids. 

Also there's no way imo that building killed her... Especially in the temple created by cthon. His goal has always been to use her body to take over the world... Unless they are really lazy she isnt done yet. 

Spoiler

Yes and no.

When I say he and Wanda did similar rule breaking stuff, the first instance I am referring to is him trying and failing to wipe out the memories of the world that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. He eventually did do it to save the world but that first attempt was just to help out a kid he knew. 

The Wanda plot for the movie, yes they logic her out and did so especially well by sending her to the universe she just used her variants body with to slaughter dozens including some of their leading heroes. So yeah the intention angle might have been something I didn't read upon viewing cause I kept seeing how they both used forbidden magic and breaking rules but you are right Strange mostly did his with heroics in mind.

9 minutes ago, Wellman said:
  Hide contents

Yes and no.

When I say he and Wanda did similar rule breaking stuff, the first instance I am referring to is him trying and failing to wipe out the memories of the world that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. He eventually did do it to save the world but that first attempt was just to help out a kid he knew. 

The Wanda plot for the movie, yes they logic her out and did so especially well by sending her to the universe she just used her variants body with to slaughter dozens including some of their leading heroes. So yeah the intention angle might have been something I didn't read upon viewing cause I kept seeing how they both used forbidden magic and breaking rules but you are right Strange mostly did his with heroics in mind.

Spoiler

To my knowledge she has no info on the spiderman spell. So unless its some fourth wall meta shit meant to talk to the audience she only has info on thanos and maybbeee his use of the time stone on the first movie. She isnt immune to spells like the spiderman one. 

48 minutes ago, Maxx said:

America chavez

Hide contents

In the comics shes an alien right? But in this movie they said her powers are supernatural in nature. Seems weird to put her in the magic side of the things. 

Spoiler

Yes. She’s an alien. 

also, that’s not really how I took them explaining her powers. I didn’t feel they hinted at her portal being Magic at all. 

She ends up training with Strange/Wong  to help her focus and maybe understand how to use her power more efficiently and effectively.

Strange and Wong both said all she needs is patience, time and training to get a better knowing of her power. I actually think her learning the mystic arcs is how everyone discovers  she’s a lot more powerful than they realizes.  

30 minutes ago, iStu X said:
  Hide contents

Yes. She’s an alien. 

also, that’s not really how I took them explaining her powers. I didn’t feel they hinted at her portal being Magic at all. 

She ends up training with Strange/Wong  to help her focus and maybe understand how to use her power more efficiently and effectively.

Strange and Wong both said all she needs is patience, time and training to get a better knowing of her power. I actually think her learning the mystic arcs is how everyone discovers  she’s a lot more powerful than they realizes.  

Spoiler

They mentioned its supernatural in nature early on in the film.. I cant remember if it was wanda or strange who said it but one of them did. Probably in the yard with wanda. 

Edited by Maxx

Alot of ppl didn't seem to like Dr Strange MoM (interesting acronym considering the movie lol), but it's in my top 10 marvel movies.

Even with its flaws and clichés, I found it fun and quite action packed. Also, I found alot of villains from this phase to be lackluster, thankfully this movie didn't suffer from that at all. I give it an 8.0, just a few points shy of the upper tier 

Anyway, Where yall ranking it so far? 

Edited by HD-Man
1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Alot of ppl didn't seem to like Dr Strange MoM (interesting acronym considering the movie lol), but it's in my top 10 marvel movies. Even with its flaws and clichés, I found it fun and quite action packed. Also, found alot of villains from this phase to be lackluster, thankfully this movie didn't suffer from that at all

Anyway, Where yall ranking it so far? 

Its up there for me. I love the old Evil Dead movies so I liked the call backs and 

Spoiler

Zombie strange was fucking sick

2 minutes ago, Genghis_Dong said:

Its up there for me. I love the old Evil Dead movies so I liked the call backs and 

Hide contents

Zombie strange was fucking sick

Definitely, I loved that , the previews tricked me into thinking it was from THAT other marvel universe, u know the one. lol

If I had one major gripe with the movie is the didn't flesh out the other universes we saw more, I get that time constraints probably wouldn't allow it, but still. Felt like we barely got a taste of the other worlds which was kind of the hook to this movie

9 hours ago, iStu X said:
  Hide contents

Yes. She’s an alien. 

Spoiler

Unless they retconned it, she isn't technically an alien, she is the daughter of a planet/dimension that an alternate Wiccan aka Wanda's magical inclined son created. 

Yeah, I would say 7 or 7.5 is about right. Personally it was better then the first film, which was ok but looked fantastic, but, and I admit this maybe due to the hype or standing in the shadows of two multiverse Spider-Man films plus some ok D+ shows, I felt it did not go as far as it could have. Looks gorgeous plus loaded with callbacks and homages however.

1 minute ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, I would say 7 or 7.5 is about right. Personally it was better then the first film, which was ok but looked fantastic, but, and I admit this maybe due to the hype or standing in the shadows of two multiverse Spider-Man films plus some ok D+ shows, I felt it did not go as far as it could have. Looks gorgeous plus loaded with callbacks and homages however.

Maybe it's just me, but I really liked the first film. Part of that was its score. Elfman is good, but Giacchino bested him overall. 

That said, like you, I don't think the movie pushed the multiverse line as far as it could have. Time was likely the constraint, but still. 

Hickmans chapter of issue one of Moon Knight: Red White and Blood is some wild shit. 

the first issue was great in general but I liked Hickman’s chapter the most since it referenced one of my favorite books by him called East of West. And I’m just a giant Hickman mark 

Edited by iStu X

I also just read the first issue/Alpha issue of the Thor vs. Hulk Banner of War event. 

it’s off to a weird start but it has a lot of potential because the weird start isn’t a bad one. I’m looking forward to the next issues in the event. Which I feel is a good thing and the Alpha Issue did it’s job. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Wellman said:

It is always crazy to me how the S&M inspired "Malice" costume is not the most obviously made for fan service costume in the Invisible Woman's history of costumes. 

And she was a mother for decades at the time they introduced it!

Do people say it's not?it clearly is, she's got a whole gimp mask with spikes on it and everything lol. 

53 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Do people say it's not?it clearly is, she's got a whole gimp mask with spikes on it and everything lol. 

Forget the spikes, the 90s one piece swim suit with the four number as a chest window is clearly the more fan service costume. It also makes very little sense, I want to say she was an Avenger at the time they had her rocking it.

Edited by Wellman
2 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Forget the spikes, the 90s one piece swim suit with the four number as a chest window is clearly the more fan service costume. It also makes very little sense, I want to say she was an Avenger at the time they had her rocking it.

Oh it makes zero sense what so ever. Like they didn't even try to hide the ridiculousness of it. The only case I could make for it would bed room use only. Like, Sue just throws it own when she wants to get frisky with Reed or T'Challa. Outside of that....I got nothing.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh it makes zero sense what so ever. Like they didn't even try to hide the ridiculousness of it. The only case I could make for it would bed room use only. Like, Sue just throws it own when she wants to get frisky with Reed or T'Challa. Outside of that....I got nothing.

Don’t leave Namor out. It’s been heavily hinted that they’ve bumped too. 

everyone talks about how neglectful Reed can be but Sue out there learning wakandan yoga and some Atlantian snorkeling techniques. 😂

Edited by iStu X
19 hours ago, iStu X said:

Don’t leave Namor out. It’s been heavily hinted that they’ve bumped too. 

everyone talks about how neglectful Reed can be but Sue out there learning wakandan stretches and some Atlantian snorkeling techniques. 😂

She's playing a dangerous game. T'Challa and Namor get along like Vegeta and Freeza. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Bro how? Was someone recording the Thanos fight?

Almost everyone had to get a shoutout in media and shit. 

Is a little strange in the MCU tho considering how little Carol seems to have been a Super Hero on earth. 

Like what was she doing for 20 years?