Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

20 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Speaking of kids that need that quick course correction...

People have issues with corporal punishment. I, at most, got one whooping after 10 or 11.  It reminds me of my HS football coach. He had us run 4 corners* the first practice. Then he told us he'd have us run two of them if were fucking around at practice. We had like one bad practice all season. No one was trying to run 4 corners.

*You start at one corner of the football field, run around the field, pass the corner you started from, and stop at the next corner. You repeat the process until you get to the original corner. That's ONE rep.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
40 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People have issues with corporal punishment. I, at most, got one whooping after 10 or 11.  It reminds me of my HS football coach. He had us run 4 corners* the first practice. Then he told us he'd have us run two of them if were fucking around at practice. We had like one bad practice all season. No one was trying to run 4 corners.

*You start at one corner of the football field, run around the field, pass the corner you started from, and stop at the next corner. You repeat the process until you get to the original corner. That's ONE rep.

Mucking around during football practice is one thing, that won't lead you to severally getting fucked up by someone because you're mouthing off to someone for no reason.  I do get what you's saying though and that's pretty much what I've been doing with my son whenever he's doing dumb stuff at day care.  I've made him do squats, pushups and pretty much stand in the corner in a squat position for a few minutes.  I told him the next time he decides he wants to throw shit at a kid "because he feels like it" or whenever the next time he messes up, I'm gonna have him run up and down the stairs until he's exhausted.

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Bob Iger feels that the reason The Marvels is underperforming is because it needed more executives on set

https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-ceo-thinks-the-marvels-is-underperforming-because-there-werent-enough-executives

wait-what-gif.gif?ssl=1

Iman Vellani needs to run Marvel because she's the only one on the Disney payroll that knows why Marvel is failing and what they should do to fix it. She's 21 seems to know more than the Disney CEO. She said, paraphrasing, "instead of raising the stakes we need to make the audience care about the characters."

20 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Who's to say they haven't been trying that though? I feel like few films DON'T try to make you care about the characters. Unless I'm missing something. I haven't seen any comic book movie since Guardians 3.

It's not just a Marvel thing. It's a Disney thing overall. They've lost 1.5 billion dollars at the box office in this year. I can't fathom someone doing this poor of job if they did so on purpose. They don't make products that people care about. The only hit Marvel film this year, GotG3, was made a by dude that was on his way out the door to DC. One bomb can be happenstance they've dropped half dozen of the biggest bombs of all time in the last 14 months. In the case of Marvel, specifically in Phase 1, they had filmmakers that genuinely cared about the films they were producing. Current day? Not the case. Taika Wahtiti came out and admitted they he just did Marvel movies for the money. The Marvels underwent extensive reshoots and Nia DeCosta wasn't even on set. She had moved to London to start working on a film called "Hedda" with Tessa Thompson. They don't know what they are doing. They have a "we'll fix it in post" philosophy that is not only responsible for their ballooning movie budgets, but shows they lack a concrete direction. They literally shoot scenes in front of a green screen that could be shot practically so they can swap out the background later. 

For such a substantial failure, you'd think heads would be rolling at Disney. You'd think their be some major shake up going down. Thus far, nothing. The only major firing they've had was Victoria Alonso. Which was probably cause they didn't have much choice. More and more VFX studios didn't want to work for her. Disney just brought back the guy, Bob Iger, that put them in this bind to begin with. It's an "Emperor has no clothes" scenario. I'm watching major outlets slowly getting hip to things independent outlets on Youtube has been saying for years.

Also I'm fucking tired of people blaming Disney's failures on Streaming or Covid or whatever. They'll make any excuse instead of admitting they put out subpar product. "No one wants to pay to see animation. They wait for streaming." Yeah that's why Illumination is making a killing. It's not just Mario. They were crushing it with Despicable Me and Minions. More over Mario had 100 million dollar budget Elemental had over double that. Every other studio cranking out hits. Tom Cruise digging up the quarter century old grave of Top Gun for a billion dollar hit sequel. Five Nights At Freddy's is Blumhouse's biggest box office hit of all time and it had a simultaneous release on Peacock.

:tldr:

Side note: I have no idea if Superman Legacy will be any good, but James Gunn has been hitting home runs with the casting. He even managed to slip a Ginger Jimmy Olsen in.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

It was satisfying seeing that punk ass kid learn the hard way that day.  It still amazes me that so many people today actually have the patience and tolerance for bullshit that is necessary for the ultimate, profoundly shitty career that is teaching....surprising that we don't see more videos of them finally hitting a breaking point and either beating some worthless shithead's ass or actually committing suicide or some other drastic thing.  There's only so far any person can be pushed before they'll snap and things get ugly fast.

...also it's more proof of how incredibly dumb most humans are... to constantly push someone's buttons and get in their face, when there is no 100% guarantee that this person is just going to sit there and never do anything about it.  Imagine the stupidity it requires for a scrawny little dude with zero muscle (looking like he's never done even 1 push-up at any point in his pathetic young life) to get in Brock Lesnar's face, constantly trying to start something...not to say this teacher was ripped of course but you never know for sure what a person's response to bullshit is going to be in the next few seconds.  

...that could've been much worse if the old teacher was in better shape with more accurate hits.... a shame that the kid got off "light", imo....could've had his face smashed into the floor a few times and got some teeth knocked out. Really... I can't get enough of watching a worthless shit stain like that get the harshly violent result he deserves. 

I remember some of the male teachers when I was in school were a bit intimidating enough that most didn't dare mess around....some of them definitely would've beat the shit out of that dumbass.

Lauren Boebert asked for a selfie with Dave Chappelle while he was in DC aaaand Boebert took the opportunity to spin what should have been just a selfie picture into something else

Actual moment of when the selfie happened

Of course people are flipping out about this and to be honest I'm not sure who to be more annoyed at the situation right now...probably mostly Bobo if only because she took something that was a simple picture and wrapped it in unnecessary political drama for no reason.  It kinda sucks that you can't take a picture with someone to be nice even if you may or may not disagree with them on a political spectrum and then have them fucking toss you right into a political shitshow but now I understand why some people just refuse to take pictures with people now.

Just got off the boat after 28 days and some goof set his girlfriend's apartment on fire, as a result the fire department isnt lettin anybody in the complex. 

I dont think my shit is super fucked since mine is downstairs and fire was upstairs way down at the end of the hall but with my luck it probably is fucked

That bitch lucky I cant get a hold of him, I'd still ne stomping his ass out

21 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Mucking around during football practice is one thing, that won't lead you to severally getting fucked up by someone because you're mouthing off to someone for no reason.  I do get what you's saying though and that's pretty much what I've been doing with my son whenever he's doing dumb stuff at day care.  I've made him do squats, pushups and pretty much stand in the corner in a squat position for a few minutes.  I told him the next time he decides he wants to throw shit at a kid "because he feels like it" or whenever the next time he messes up, I'm gonna have him run up and down the stairs until he's exhausted.

Yeah I wasn't clear. The comparison was about instilling discipline early. My dad did  so when I was kid, so by the time I got to 10 or 11. He just had to give me the look. Belt wasn't necessary. Our coach didn't wait for us to fuck up, he hit us with 4 corners the first practice. After that, he used the mere thought of 4 corners to kept us in line. People let their kids run all over them when they are young and have the surprised Pikachu face when they are delinquents by middle school.

Been listening to some of these new Beatles mixes the last couple weeks and MAN, the 2023 mix of their Red Album (earlier hits and classics) sounds phenomenal.

All their early albums were recorded on 2 track tape so until this machine learning software Peter Jackson used to help isolate sounds for the Get Back movie all the instrumental and vocal tracks on those earlier records were basically stuck with other sounds on the track  because of the recording technology at the time. Now that they've been able to isolate the instruments and create more modern sounding mixes, it really perks up the songs a lot. It's the same tech they used for that new song Now And Then, which I'm still not really sold on, but it's cool that they were able to do it.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Oh fuck me, a gourmet cookie shop just opened right near my house.  I just ate three of them and this is going to be a problem 😬

Now I can see you hiding in the closest eating cookies so your wife can't see you. Like my old boss. He literally would order pizza at work to circumvent his diet. One time, he went full Looney Tunes and cut slice out of cake, left the slice, and took the rest of the cake home. He was hiding in the closet eating the cake. The funniest part is the dude wasn't even fat. He was like 6'4" 230

19 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

"Somebody too big"

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

No gravity is just being fatphobic 👀

You know since there are alway stories about when athletes screw up, thought I post something positive. This high school coach and his wife had such a positive effect on this man. He was visiting the coach's wife throughout her sickness and moved his coach in with him after she died. 😭

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/knicks-players-former-high-school-coach-roommate-mans-wife-died-rcna127647

Edited by Darc_Requiem

someone randomly mentioned this in the live-chat of  stream I'm watching.... a GTA where in the story, the main character is a cop, and your choices of course determine if you're going to be on the up and up....or if you're corrupt (taking bribes, planting evidence, setting people up, excessive use of force, etc. etc)...or since it's the world of GTA, various levels of corruption are just what it's heavily leaning towards anyway... I'd actually be on board with that.

The only game I can remember playing that had this idea going on if I recall was in the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 era called "True Crime".... I had the GC version and it was great.

...quite a shame that franchise never went anywhere, and the Saint's Row franchise recently committed suicide.

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

someone randomly mentioned this in the live-chat of  stream I'm watching.... a GTA where in the story, the main character is a cop, and your choices of course determine if you're going to be on the up and up....or if you're corrupt (taking bribes, planting evidence, setting people up, excessive use of force, etc. etc)...or since it's the world of GTA, various levels of corruption are just what it's heavily leaning towards anyway... I'd actually be on board with that.

The only game I can remember playing that had this idea going on if I recall was in the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 era called "True Crime".... I had the GC version and it was great.

True Crime had a godlike soundtrack. I remember people burning tracks from it to CDs, yes I'm old,  and bumping their systems to it.

Part of the first verse as reference....

Good Lord they shootin' at me

Smile on my face 'cause I'm trigger happy

Bitch get my drink and make it snappy

'Fore I leave your ass screamin' for a taxi

True Crimes and nothin' but

I just seen that nigga Reuben jack a ice cream truck

Then quick across the street and rob a Pizza Hut

American Idol ain't my title

Edited by Darc_Requiem

AC/DC Fridays:

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)

Let There Be Rock  (1977)

Whole Lotta Rosie (1977)

aka Zatalcon's Theme

Lyrics for ^

Spoiler

[Intro]
Wan' tell you a story
'Bout a woman I know
Ah, come to loving
She steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all

[Verse 1]
Never had a woman
Never had a woman like you
Doin' all the things
Doin' all the things you do
Ain't no fairy story
Ain't no skin and bones
But you give it all you got
Weighing in at nineteen stone

[Chorus]
You're a whole lotta woman
A whole lotta woman
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
And you're a whole lotta woman
See AC/DC Live
Get tickets as low as $67
You might also like
Oh Ana
Mother Mother
Hayloft
Mother Mother
Verbatim
Mother Mother

[Verse 2]
Oh, honey, you can do it
Do it to me all night long
Only one that turn me
Only one that turn me on
All through the night time
And right around the clock
Woo, to my surprise, Rosie never stopped

[Chorus]
She was a whole lotta woman
Whole lotta woman
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
A whole lotta woman

[Solo]

[Chorus]
Oh, you're a whole lotta woman
Whole lotta woman
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
You're a whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta woman-man-man-man-man
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta woman
Whole lotta woman

PFsMsi6.jpg

N8clwmn.jpg

THvMgXH.jpg

These changes are going into effect due to pressure from the burgeoning burger market, particularly an expedited process recently implemented at Five Guys, according to the Journal.

• Six patties will be grilled at a time instead of eight for the auto-cooking mechanism to apply less pressure and retain more burger patty juices
  • Big Macs will get more sauce
  • Buttery brioche buns will be used and sliced with a thicker bottom to retain heat
  • Sesame seeds will be more randomly scattered on buns to give a homier look
  • Cheese will be taken out of refrigerators sooner so it melts more during cooking
  • Onions will be rehydrated after purchase for more juiciness
  • Lettuce and pickles will be stored in smaller containers so they must be refreshed more often