Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Does anybody know if his term as mayor of Knox County, Tennessee was good?

Yes he is overall a well liked mayor.  He has shown up where I work a few times but I've never been able to get that selfie.

Edit: I  should add that it's because he's a conservative mayor in a conservative state. He even attends a local church so I doubt his values and policies would be popular in a blue area.  

Edited by Red Rock Candy
Posted (edited)

Would be cool if they were this proactive with actual crime.

13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't know if this woman is being real or not but there are def legit people that don't even need to jump through this logic hoop (.....is it even a hoop?  This feels like the equivalent of placing a cardboard box in her own path and then going "See?  I can't move past this") to justify not putting the cart back

I see why Cart Narcs was born now

Edited by AriesWarlock

3 Body Problem on Netflix....

This is good stuff here; such a great premise.... also with some surprising eye-candy; I just saw a decent bra/panty scene on one of the main girls on the show (episode 6, about 30 minutes in).... it's this one; Eiza Gonzales

https://www.instagram.com/eizagonzalez/

Yes, tabs will have to be kept on this one for sure.  I can't even point out a significant flaw on this one; stunning hotness, this one.

Interesting---I didn't know she was on the From Dusk Til Dawn series; I had that in my "List" and watched a little of episode 1 but hadn't returned to it.

Posted (edited)

Underrated TMNT films:

Batman vs TMNT (2019)   (WB Animation)

Loosely based on a miniseries from 2016 by James Tynion and Freddy Williams, this sees the Dark Knight team up with and fight the heroes in a half shell.

The theatrical films are so ASS that this managed to sneak under the radar. It is the last direct to video film I've bought from WB.

Pros:

The art/animation style is pretty solid. My only gripe is Dons head being too narrow ,but at least he's not wearing glasses.

The voice acting for all the characters are fitting. While I would have loved Conroy and Hamill as Bats/Joker, Troy Baker does a good job.

Above average fights with great  choreography. Highlights are Bats vs Shredder part 1, TMNT vs Bats, 

This is one of the few TMNT projects in which there is mild cussing and occasional blood under the Nickelodeon acquisition.

Cons

Mike is pretty much his standard  goofy/occasionally dumb self.

The plot is very straightforward and the middle is basically done as a cool what if ----  happened to the classic Bat characters. The middle feels like padding. 

No Splinter/Casey//April involvement unlike the comic.

I would give it a 7.5/10.

Solid movie if you like either franchise or action.

Edited by DangerousJ
On 6/1/2024 at 12:17 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Man the people that the Cart Narcs run into are some really interesting personalities lol.  Like do they probably go a little bit too far?  Maybe.  Buat at the same time they aren't hurting anyone, they aren't touching anyone they're merely calling out action that could easily be fixed and the fact that the majority these people just flip their shit instead of just leaving the area and then removing the magnet.

There is such a sense of satisfaction when I see those clips like that of girls admitting right there on camera they "don't like nice guys", since it flies right in the face of those who would claim that's not really the case for whatever reason, even though the phenomena is something multiple generations of men have seen firsthand at this point.

58 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I bet Infernoman threw a pineapple at his wife on their first date.

I bet SonicHuman gave Mrs. SonicHuman a copy of "Sonic 2006" on their first date.

Wedded bliss ensues.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

If I was trying to scare her away then yeah....otherwise I'd save something like that for after they're locked in or something if I felt the person needed to have their perspective on what an actual bad game is shifted.

Fun fact: I actually do not own a copy of 2006 on ANYTHING.  It's one of the few Sonic games that I have never owned.

Legit I've seen some sociopathic ass shit at Costco with carts. Carts on curbs where there's no ramps, carts in a ravine, carts in a fucking bush. Not near the bush, IN IT.

...just take it to the return corral.

Posted (edited)

Ok I can finally confirm that Godzilla Minus One is indeed worth all that hype I was seeing; it's on Netflix now and I saw it last night.  It was even better than I was expecting....*the* coolest depiction of that atomic breath attack I've ever seen for sure.

...reminds me--- it would be nice if they brought back "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee"; I had that on Gamecube and it was quite alright.  It's surprising that there's not usually a lot of "giant monster" video games out there, aside from the old "King of the Monsters" games way back in the neo-geo/arcade days. 

There's a great side-scrolling beatemup called "Dawn of the Monsters" at least....it's on all systems and steam/pc... a dlc added a giant robot character to fulfill that "Voltron"/Megazord archetype.

Edited by MillionX
Posted (edited)

Hello. I’m a martial arts master. You should call yourself Billion now If you want to play against me sf4 online play arcade edition                               Thanks for letting me in mister b 

Edited by Haldol616

When my car was new, I purposely avoided having food in there at all just to preserve that nice "new car smell" it had for as long as I could....I forgot how long that lasted though, but naturally that meant no trips to drive-thrus; I always would eat in the restaurants instead.  Once that faded of course I didn't care anymore.

...but yeah I don't mind; I'll sometimes eat lunch in the car since the office building is close to quite a few restaurants.  

On the way to the gym I'll have a little snack like a granola bar or bananas as that last bit of extra energy boost before going in.

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

Ok I can finally confirm that Godzilla Minus One is indeed worth all that hype I was seeing; it's on Netflix now and I saw it last night.  It was even better than I was expecting....*the* coolest depiction of that atomic breath attack I've ever seen for sure.

...reminds me--- it would be nice if they brought back "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee"; I had that on Gamecube and it was quite alright.  It's surprising that there's not usually a lot of "giant monster" video games out there, aside from the old "King of the Monsters" games way back in the neo-geo/arcade days. 

There's a great side-scrolling beatemup called "Dawn of the Monsters" at least....it's on all systems and steam/pc... a dlc added a giant robot character to fulfill that "Voltron"/Megazord archetype.

Co-signed epicness of Godzilla Minus One: The one I saw at my local theater was the black-and-white version and ngl, I teared up especially at the end. It's the only Godzilla I've seen that realistically blended in real-world history in the Godzilla universe; cold war, post WWII Japan sentiment etc was weaved in so well. The focus of the movie really is about humanity; the monster could've been anything else, as long its radioactive, the plot would still work. Can't wait to buy the physical copy of this masterpiece.

OK, so we're all getting older,  and some of us have reached our mid 40s. Today my doctor scheduled a colonoscopy for next week.  I'm scared,  I don't know what to expect,  I've never had anything like THAT done before.  Am I gonna be OK? This just don't seem right to me.

Posted (edited)

The man vs. bear silliness continues

Surprising that one guy in the clips stood his ground and answered he'd rather their daughter be in the woods with a man.  Your chances with a random (presumably adult) bear are just *not* at all good whether they want to admit it or not.

*also interesting how they shifted on this from it being them and now it's "so if it was our daughter..." (perhaps some realized they needed to change this up a bit so it doesn't look as stupid?)

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

How often do you guys eat in your car?

Full meals.

I generally don't. I usually eat at home or at the lunch area/restaurant.

I'm always worried about spilling food on the seats or myself especially if it's a dress shirt/tie. 

If there's some weird road trip or work reason, but that's about it.

11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

OK, so we're all getting older,  and some of us have reached our mid 40s. Today my doctor scheduled a colonoscopy for next week.  I'm scared,  I don't know what to expect,  I've never had anything like THAT done before.  Am I gonna be OK? This just don't seem right to me.

Hopefully your doc is a gentleman about it. Puts on some nice music, enjoy some wine and conversation before getting to it.

Make sure you drink all the bowel prep solution to clean out your system .

Otherwise there may be dookie in there and they won't be able to see anything and have to repeat the procedure.

Have someone capable of driving  and is off work/school to pick you up with their driver's license. Many hospitals will wheel out the patient to a designated area and only release them to a designated person.

Make sure Lindsey Graham is not part of the team working on you.

42 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I had one when I was about 26 then another around 28, they're not particularly pleasant but then I got hopped up on the laughing gas they gave me and watched the monitor, saw right up my own arse and saw the lil claw thingy grab tissue from my colon which doesn't hurt but you can feel (Not sure if you'll be needing that though). You'll be fine though, I'd say the worst part is the prep as enemas are really not fun. 

6/10 experience