Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Another classic Terminator scene that always stood out as pure greatness to me... T-800 finds Sarah at the Tech Noir club but Kyle Reese was there also on the lookout.. I also love that song in the background; of course the song "Burnin' In the Third Degree" is forever tied up with that scene in my mind:

I love everything about it; like how the song and the scene slows down and fades as they bring up more of the Terminator's theme; matching the rising tension.

Edited by MillionX
46 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Another classic Terminator scene that always stood out as pure greatness to me... T-800 finds Sarah at the Tech Noir club but Kyle Reese was there also on the lookout.. I also love that song in the background; of course the song "Burnin' In the Third Degree" is forever tied up with that scene in my mind:

I love everything about it; like how the song and the scene slows down and fades as they bring up more of the Terminator's theme; matching the rising tension.

I saw Terminator II and it's a all time classic. But I've never seen the original terminator *Raises flame shield*

9 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I saw Terminator II and it's a all time classic. But I've never seen the original terminator *Raises flame shield*

For the longest time when I was way younger I had only knew about and watched T2 and hadn't even considered that there was a T1.  I didn't see T 1 until years after.  T2  just feels like one of those movies in a franchise that completely out classes everything that was done previously to the point that it its mere existence almost seemingly makes everything that came before almost seemingly pointless.  It's like Sonic 2 to Sonic 1 for comparison so I'm pretty sure you're not the only has just seen T2 and hasn't seen T1.

In fact I just asked my wife just out of curiosity if she's ever seen T1 and she pretty much said what I expected from her which was "Yes I did finally.  For the longest time I only knew about T2 and for whatever reason had never even considered the existent of T1".  It really is a crazy thing lol.

12 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Ohhhh you must see it!  It earns every bit of that legend status... truly one of my favorites of all time; if I were to make a "Top 50" or whatever kind of list, The Terminator is definitely in the upper tiers of that, maybe even top 5 material.  It was one of those movies I just kept watching over and over as a kid....even daydreaming of how cool it would be to actually be a T-800.  I had the soundtrack/score on CD as well.... also used that as some theme music for certain games....that and the T2 soundtrack were often used as my Quake 3 background music as I hoped to go on a good killing spree.... so many good memories there.  **now that I think of it; this was also one of the first R-rated movies I was allowed to see as a kid.

...but yeah; random trivia--- Lance Henriksen was originally considered for the part of T-800.  That definitely works as he's more of the "everyman" looking character back in his younger days, but of course it's hard to imagine anyone else but Arnold being T-800 now.... and I wonder what will happen when they inevitably do a Terminator reboot at some point in the future...?  Hollywood loves the potential easy money with reboots and remakes so it's inevitable.  Whatever happens, it's likely to be inferior to the original film in every way, I'm sure.

Random gaming tangent--- The cross promotion with Gears 5 and Terminator was pretty cool, though I wish they let the T-800 be playable in Horde mode, just because that's my favorite mode in the Gears games.  It's only playable in regular multiplayer, unfortunately....and only if you happen to be on the red team (bad guys) side....this limitation doesn't make much sense if they're simply restricting it to be a "villain side" character and that's why it's not in Horde, as we see in T2 how that particular one was reprogrammed to defend Sarah and John Connor.   Also---weird thing is that while you can play as a T-800...it is only the endoskeleton version; the "Arnold" likeness is NOT in the game at all....I guess for whatever reason they couldn't secure the deal to get his likeness in the game. (perhaps couldn't afford it or he refused; I'm not sure)

Edited by MillionX
6 minutes ago, NinetiesArcades said:

I blame the marvel movies for producing these irl villains....

I remember listening to a radio story about a San Francisco cat burglar who had no special training, and started scaling his way up to skylights because he was just that desperate due to a gambling addiction:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/598/my-undesirable-talent

Meanwhile, this one is clearly a Bond villain:

4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Man, you can only vote in the primary of whatever party you're registered to in my state. Right now I'm independent, and I can't decide if I need to register Republican to vote against Trump or Democrat to vote against Biden. It's fucking stupid you can't do both here.

Hear me out here- Biden is pretty inevitable as the Dem candidate, barring a sudden health scare.  No Democrat who isn't totally clown-college is going to run against him.

So your anti-Trump vote is probably more valuable in terms of actually doing something.

Edited by Reticently
5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Hear me out here- Biden is pretty inevitable as the Dem candidate, barring a sudden health scare.  No Democrat who isn't totally clown-college is going to run against him.

So your anti-Trump vote is probably more valuable in terms of actually doing something.

But what if Trump is in prison by the time the primaries roll around? 😂

Edit: or what if Biden is dead? 🤣

Edited by Chadouken

I like how the guy who eats big Macs every day,abstains from vegetables,only has golf as exercise is never questioned about health while the guy who bikes and wears slim fitting suits seems to be haded into the grave sooner.

Walter Reed kept Trump alive after COVID infection. They probably put a Brood embryo in there as far as we know.

19 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I like how the guy who eats big Macs every day,abstains from vegetables,only has golf as exercise is never questioned about health while the guy who bikes and wears slim fitting suits seems to be haded into the grave sooner.

Walter Reed kept Trump alive after COVID infection. They probably put a Brood embryo in there as far as we know.

Being slim doesn't necessarily equal being healthy, and Biden just comes across as frail and with a clouded mind. Someone could have a heart attack but still be of sound mind, and that's more important for a job like president than being able to run a marathon but not knowing what year you're in.

That said, no way Trump has a chance. The era of non-elite sanctioned candidates is over, safe to say. Even if Trump were to run a convincing campaign, there's no way they'd let him back into the White House.

17 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

One thing about that movie that I needs to be discussed more is that "The Terminator" is a unique take on the hunter/killer (e.g., Jason, Michael Myers). It's pretty much a horror film that has a sci-fi premise. 

1st Terminator film is actually pretty awesome IMO.  It's a way darker than the second film but it's still really solid and the effects are really good for the time.
Especially:

Spoiler

The police headquarters scene, HOLY SHIT the amount of bodies that get stacked, lol

Edited by J-ride

It's also frustrating that I've never seen a Terminator videogame that stood out as something I wanted to play.  The best experience oddly enough has been the cameos in Gears I mentioned earlier; playing as T800 was pretty damn cool even though it was only in multiplayer... Sarah Connor and 1 or 2 others are also playable in Horde...(*but of course we're talking about "Dark Fate" Sarah who just looks like someone's grandma now; and her voice lines sound phoned in like she didn't half care when recording them.)

*Oh yeah it's hilarious that Joe is actually going to run again... they're pretending like this 1,000-year old methuselah will even still be here that long.  He looks like he's had 1 foot out the door for a while now.  He should really just be at home taking it easy somewhere, in chill mode.  

**note---I'd apply that "rule" about being too goddamn old across the board, btw... this is a guy that will be 81 on his birthday later this year.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

One thing about that movie that I needs to be discussed more is that "The Terminator" is a unique take on the hunter/killer (e.g., Jason, Michael Myers). It's pretty much a horror film that has a sci-fi premise. 

The original Terminator is a horror movie. The first time I saw it was when my dad rented from the video store. He was into horror movies which is why he picked up. Terminator 1 is a great movie. 

20 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

You only need to watch T1 and T2.

I like T3, but it defeats the whole point of the 1st 2 movies.

Of all the sequels the only one I consider canon is T Salvation.

Since is the only one trying to explore the future and also the only one that doesn't undermines the 1st 2.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

You only need to watch T1 and T2.

I like T3, but it defeats the whole point of the 1st 2 movies.

Of all the sequels the only one I consider canon is T Salvation.

Since is the only one trying to explore the future and also the only one that doesn't undermines the 1st 2.

what about the tv show. see, i loved the tv show. it wasnt perfect.

had some bad draggy eps...but. it was still a fun watch.

the female terminator. when she was doing ballerina suff in her bedroom. and brian austin green peeped her and got scared. cuz he was like "why is the damn robot dancing cuz she wants to?"

then u start thinking maybe it has a soul.

then u see her walk by a murder ngaf lol and u go. yea she soulless.

it was so much fun. that tv show. and like EVERYTHING I LIKE it gets cancelled.

of course.