Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

See, it's tastes

Personally as much i had fun playing SF3, i consider it's art style the highest peak of entire series and i liked most of newcomers, can't shake the feel cast was small and as visual variety cheap inflated by sprite recycle

Cast wise i think USF4 may be the cast that gone overall closest to my taste (even if i hated some SF4 picks and loved some SFV ones)

Whatever the next SF game is, I just want it to be good.

I want the characters to have good tools at round-start and be fun to play. Less comeback fuckery and I want the game to be less restricted than SFV (where every combo route and situation is so heavily managed, etc).

I’d also like faster movement, preferably with some additional jump options (like a super jump, maybe), and longer range buttons.

Finally, I would prefer a smaller cast (under 30 is perfect), but that likely won’t happen, at least by the time the game is done.

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

SF5 Ken has way more variety in combos than 3S Ken.

As the young kids would say: stop the cap.

I don’t necessarily mean it in that way (but of course the combo structure is completely different so you can’t really compare them).

what I mean is it seems like SFV is almost too polished. Like every situation has been plotted out and every path has either been restricted or allowed. This may not be a popular take, but I want the game to be a little more free. Where you don’t have to lab out every situation beforehand to see what works and what doesn’t. Freestyling combos in Strive and having it work is awesome. I don’t have a similar experience in SFV.

and again, I don’t just mean combos, but odd situations, like some punishes, or air resets, etc

Edited by Mattatsu

I hate to tell you this but....in almost all new games, a lot of the situations have been labbed out to X moves ahead. They know a lot of what characters are gonna be doing on release.

If you want just having random things work like in a game with gatlings.... that's just not gonna happen in SF games. SF games are very restricted in a lot of places. You could ask for SF4 frame data though. Make 3 frame close fierce a standard.

Yeah, I agree it’s likely not going to happen, and with the current update model, anything that is unintended will likely get removed. 

also, I missed this is in my earlier post, but I’d like less meters and things. Just give us a super/EX meter, and I’d be good.

I also would like some type of just defend mechanic, nothing like a parry, but maybe if you block within a certain window of the active frame hitting you, you get a few more frames of advantage. I think that would open the game up a bit more.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Kind of how the people who want a balance patch to 3S the most are the ones who play it the least.  People are straight out lying about how much they'd play any one game if they were catered to. But if you are actively playing something, it's only fair to ask for what you like.

You only have to look at the number of 4th Strike players on Fightcade in comparison to 3S players to prove your point. I'll have double check but I think Second Impact has more players than 4th Strike. I think when @Mattatsu joined to play me we bumped the player count by 10%

Edit: Mattatsu it sounds like you want the Just Defend mechanic from Garou.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I have very little opinion on sf6 mechanics or roster. I'm mostly fine with whatever. 

But give me good netcode or else no buy.

I'd also like slower game speed in general, cause I'm old, but I know I'm yelling at clouds here.

Also please let me bring my combo recipes etc into online ranked so I have a second kind of win to work toward besides just trying to read or cheese opponents.  I need more ways to "win" than just 1-player modes or naked PvP 

Weird list I know but here I am. 

I already surrender of what SF6 should be because I already knew what the current leads prioritize.

I'll just wait for the base roster and the majority reaction, then that would be the time I'll be talking across the net what they should had done

The last criticism from me is Luke being not that substantial protagonist at all, feel detach and I lnow they'll retcon a bit of him in SF6

4 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

That feels lazy, lol. Anyways, thanks!

Reality is i even doubt legit Capcom Japan bothered confirm it as canon explanation (specially considering they still use "Vega" for him), seems classic Capcom USA bullshit with japs being like "well yeah whatever do as you want"bizzarre passive shit of SF2 days lol

But i would be honest, the M thing itself does'nt bother me much, idk how is around the world but here "M." before name as abbreviation for Maestro (Master) is kinda common for martial arts context

At that point is more strange they sticked with the whole name at all, considering we don't know shit about Bison's nationality (and i think they already changed mind about it LOL) but an english-speaking one seem unlikely

Keeping with that kind of strange shit Ken Masters have no fucking reason to have "Masters" english surname considering he's born/raised in Japan and his father is 100% jap 🤣

Guess is one more "gift" by SF american team lol

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Remember that rumor about Sodom supposedly being fully finished and them just waiting for the right season to drop him?

Good to see goofy Capcom rumors made it to this era.

I admit they got me when Sodom was in the ring in the CPT FF stage, as presence felt very much like Alex being in the american one before be playable

The fun thing is i think SFV V-system was perfect for him, they could have done so many gimmicks with his weapons (or armor) 

But i think it's clear they purposely hold back on some returns (be from very old games or even just SF4) to have still some left in SF6 

If SF6 is anything like SFV at handle it, guess we will see long missing returns like Sodom or Eagle (and maybe Haggar?), plus popular ones from 3 and 4 missing in V

Edited by CESTUS III
On 2/18/2022 at 4:08 PM, Mattatsu said:

Whatever the next SF game is, I just want it to be good.

I want the characters to have good tools at round-start and be fun to play. Less comeback fuckery and I want the game to be less restricted than SFV (where every combo route and situation is so heavily managed, etc).

You're asking for a LOT out of Capcom's FG division... 🤣

But seriously, SFV just doesn't feel good to play and a lot of it is tied to how screwed up the midrange is for a lot of characters.

I know characters don't really play the same in this game, but the tools feel so restricted until VT Unga Hours that they low key feel like they're running almost the same stuff. It's just a game that doesn't feel good to play. Between the netcode being dogshit and characters feeling like 3S Sean, fuck SFV.

And matter of fact, I hope the patch is just as lame as the game has been for years. Less revisionist bullshit down the road.

Well I still think SFV gave Capcom the wrong message.

As in they can do whatever they want, no matter how bad the game is, people will stick to it and support them because it's SF.

They have now very strong concurrence and other games are actually welcome options for a lot of people.

Lets pray that SF6 will be good and a collection of "lessons learned", but I highly doubt it, since this is still Capcoms FG Division.

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

As in they can do whatever they want, no matter how bad the game is, people will stick to it and support them because it's SF.

Tbh i'm still glad things are like that, because if you want go to the other extreme, see how Capcom behave when they don't trust a brand to attract people 

I want them to keep invest huge on SF 

If SFV was a big fail i doubt their reaction will have been "so we will do a much greater SF6!" 

SFV needed Sony money to begin with lol 

I understand what you say, but other direction was much worse 

if you want change just be happy new people are in charge 

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I bet you can't tell all the ways in which you are wrong.

7 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Setting aside the fact that their last fighting game tanked hard. SFV whiffed badly on it's initial sales targets. People didn't want a game with a 16 character roster and no single player content. SFV sales didn't take off until Arcade Edition. Which is basically what the game should have been at launch.