Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

8 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I typically like very fast and mobile characters with air options, and good mixups and pressure (Ibuki in 3S, Millia in Rev2, etc).

Mai seems okay (and it could be my inexperience with her and the game), but I feel like someone may excel in this more

Hmm, air options is like everyone.
Lets see. Izanami, Taokaka, Bang, Litchi but Litchi is pretty complexe, all of the Murakumos, Lambda, Nu and Mu, Izayoi,Hazama, Valkenhayn, Rachel.

Thats from the top of my head, might as well try Celica as she is the most adorable and quick Gorilla in the game.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Hmm, air options is like everyone.
Lets see. Izanami, Taokaka, Bang, Litchi but Litchi is pretty complexe, all of the Murakumos, Lambda, Nu and Mu, Izayoi,Hazama, Valkenhayn, Rachel.

Thats from the top of my head, might as well try Celica as she is the most adorable and quick Gorilla in the game.

Damn, this game really does has a lot of characters lol. I appreciate your help in narrowing it down for me though! I’ll try to dabble with them all tonight.

6 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

It likely won’t be for a few days though. I didn’t really enjoy Mai too much yesterday. She’s okay, but I don’t think she suits what I look for these days, so I need to play around with the cast.

daniel-bryan-daniel.gif

5 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I typically like very fast and mobile characters with air options, and good mixups and pressure (Ibuki in 3S, Millia in Rev2, etc).

Mai seems okay (and it could be my inexperience with her and the game), but I feel like someone may excel in this more

Plenty of characters like that in BB. Honestly, your plan of giving the whole cast a spin isn't bad, especially since you always have a hard time picking a main.

Just take an hour or so to take a look at everyone's moveset and how they feel on your hands. It'll save you a lot of time in the long run.

Edit: If I had to narrow it down...

Start with Hibiki.
If he ain't quite what you want, try Mu, Lambda, Litchi, Makoto, Jin or Tao.

Edited by Volt

Honestly, I like Taokaka the most by quite a bit.

Will have to pick her more up later… choosing a character in a nutty game like this is tiring after a long day’s work lol.

also @Volt are you playing this often? Would be nice to finally get games with you on a decent netcode

Edited by Mattatsu
2 minutes ago, Volt said:

I know you didn't ask that. 🤣

I'm absolutely free this week though. As frustrating as it is, I have to wring out that positive point out of Covid quarantine. Lemme know when you're up tomorrow.

I probably won’t be ready tomorrow. I still have no idea how she works, just kinda ran through her specials and drive options, and then noticed she has a double air dash or a triple jump and knew she was the one.

I went through everyone Cipher recommended just to make sure, but for whatever reason, that took a lot out of me.

tomorrow will probably just be doing her tutorial and figuring out some basic strats to do. I should be okay for games on Wednesday if everything goes well.

24 minutes ago, Sonero said:

boomer shit

First time I thought "shit!" and realised SF2 was deeper than I realised, was when I realised Guile could flash kick after a jump in attack, as the hitstop gave enough charge time for flash kick. Honest to God, at school we didn't even know about combos, and that knowledge spread. I remember explaining combos to my friends.

Edit: my first memorable two hit combo.  I remembers.

Edited by JustBrowsing
8 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

You may want to pickup Bridget in Guilty Gear for the ultimate mixup character 👀

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@PVL_93_RUHey man you doing okay? With everything going on, I was started to get worried about you fam.

yeah I'm fine, just still can't catch the habit of visiting mega as much as I did SRK. I mostly hang out on reddit or discord.

I basically only go out for taking out the trash and quickly shopping for some groceries once a week, mom's worried I might catch corona since omicron is in full swing here (father in law got it recently, so they're both quarantining at home, but on the path to recovery thankfully)

I'm still a jobless bum however so that sucks donkey cock, hate to be a leech

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Why Lab? Just play lol

Nah, I need to lab, at least to learn the game’s systems, my character’s normals, specials (and drives), a few solid neutral options, and a BNB or too.

I don’t like playing games without having a basic gameplan and idea of how the game works.

15 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Meanwhile in Cipher Land

Download.jpg

Well, last time we played, you absolutely smoked me, and I had a basic gameplan with Mai then, lol.

I’m also just really busy with work. I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to play until Friday night, and then I’d rather play something I know how to play just to unwind and give my brain a rest. I also have to work this weekend so I don’t really have time to play until next week anyway.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:21 AM, Mattatsu said:

On a side note, I am getting sick of my Obsidian-modded Hitbox. I am definitely going to get a stick in the near future, but I may just change this back to a proper Obsidian, idk yet

Is it an actual Quanba stick you modded with a Hitbox layout?

Edited by DoctaMario
18 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

look man, this fucking game already caters to every fetish imaginable, and I wasn't a fan of Capcom giving Juri a titjob between IV and V. Leave her ass as is, it's fine. Not like people are attracted her for the cake anyway

i was'nt a fan of how they changed Cammy neither tbh 

SF4 models were poor af but their vision of Cammy and Juri was spot on, with V they just messed it up to score points with the fapping crowd lol 

Even if to be fair anime in recent years took same route of add extra sugar to their eye candy lol

23 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Is it an actual Quanba stick you modded with a Hitbox layout?

Yes and No.

Arcade Shock used to sell Qanba Obisidians that were modded with a Hitbox layout. It was unclear if they did this in-house or distributed them for/with Qanba… It seems to be factory-made to my eyes (warranty sticker on the back is in place and had a firmware update to handle the SOCD cleaning).  Qanba never announced them, but Daigo plays with one of these, and I’m not sure if he would have ordered it from Arcade Shock.

Anyways, they unfortunately don’t sell them anymore… Hitbox (as in the brand) has been going around sending cease and desist letters to companies making all button controllers, claiming they own the patent to them (which is ridiculous IMO). This only became public knowledge because they sent one to Junk Food Arcade (makers of the Snackbox Micro) and they made it public and counter-acted with a lawsuit to Hitbox.

Glad I didn’t buy an official Hitbox after hearing that (not that some shady stuff hasn’t come up from JFA since), but the Obsidian Hitbox is/was perfect.

I think Focus Attack has kits to still turn it into a Hitbox (there were converter panels kicking around, and not just the plexi on top, but the metal panel the buttons really snap into). I haven’t looked around for them for a while though.

So TL;DR, yes and no 🤣

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Funny shit

Lol, Wut?

Both games models are going for the same thing that is to try to emulate the art of the character designer

If anything, SFV outside some few models does a better job representing the art that inspired it.

Like common man, you have to be fucking blind to think that what SFIV did was better than what SFV did when one is an iteration of the other.

Edited by Hecatom

Not that i was going to walk away  completely, but i'm so glad i stuck with this as we return to offline events.  The viewcount has significantly improved since I dropped BFTG and there's no reason to think my events can't sustain it.  Needless to say, anything with my voice on it outdraws almost everything else when it comes to online FGC events that aren't tied to big name tournaments, and even outdraws some modern Top 8s like DBFZ.  

They kept telling me I was wasting my time, but good things come to EVERYONE who stick to the right path.  

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Cammy's SFIV model had a flat ass.....it was not spot on fam. The only thing worse than a flat ass is a flat ass in a thong.

I jumped in on the boob job thing, Juri and Cammy  (and Chun, but there it works) feels the ones that got it

Agree on better butt in V though 👌

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Lol, Wut?

Both games models are going for the same thing that is to try to emulate the art of the character designer

If anything, SFV outside some few models does a better job representing the art that inspired it.

Like common man, you have to be fucking blind to think that what SFIV did was better than what SFV did when one is an iteration of the other.

Lmao what at you 😄

If there's one thing SF4 did way better than V was the fact that ugly or not (answer being, yes ugly) the 3D models were done trying to follow as much as possible Ikeno's SF4 art in very loyal way

If anything in V most of the ugliest characters (guess Ken, Alex, Abigail the first that come to mind) have in common that ingame models seems to have took liberties from concept sketches (in their defense concept sketches were much more confused compared to SF4, lot of very different hands involved)

And also model to model there's often no much consistency, guess courtesy of give the job to bunch of external  different people with different style

Then if we must argue wich game is prettier, there's no debate, SFV is surely  prettier and have more complex models (and great animations)... does'nt change art direction has been a confused mess lol

If anything we may even say that while SF4 had clear "official" art style (Ikeno's) is not even possible find a clear artist counterpart for V beside say shit like "they try make them look like clay action figures" thing

Personally i hope for 6 they will keep do pretty shit but at same time have an art director able to hold strong grip on people working under him

Edited by CESTUS III

He plays cool. But that's also kinda been the thing about a lot of SF5 characters. A lot of the new cast plays kind of cool. The problem has been that they sort of only play in the one way they are meant to be played.

Even with the limited moveset in Strive, there are definitely a lot of places where it feels like I'm playing a character different than others in legitimate ways. Think Luke is going to have for him that he has enough tools that you can pick and choose how and if you want to use at all from others. Zeku has that going for him too.

Honestly Capcom would announce something or other. Seeing this thread so dead seems like a reflection of Capcom dropping the ball hard.