Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Thanks man. I think I should stick to Kolin and Alex though 🤣

It's all just fun and games. I haven't really been paying attention to the new characters much but I actually had a lot of fun playing Oro and Dan. Boxer one of my favs too 😃

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Played SFV for 20 minutes (mostly to make my account), and tried Ibuki… They really limited her 3S tools, my god.

Exploding kunai tho haha

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah playing @Mattatsuin Samsho was probably the most fun I've had in a modern fighter. Although Soul Calibur 6 has always been a blast.

And like that, I want to get back into Samsho 🤣 there’s always discord right?

I did love everything about it, until I spent a few nights trying to find arches against randoms online….

Tbh, lately I’ve wanted to main one game to play most of the time, with a game or two to play you guys 1 or 2 days a week… May just have to add Samsho to that latter bucket, I had lots of fun playing you, @DoctaMario @Hecatom and @KingTubb

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Strive is a freaking blast, Hyperfight Ultra is awesome, BBTag is all sorts of funny, SamSho 2019 was great etc.

If we're gonna count stuff just released on PS4, then that means Rev 2 was also really good and fun.

DNF was a blast too. I bet there are some modern games that I'm leaving out which were really fun.

Strive is the most boring FG I've played in the past 6 years and that includes SFV.

I have no clue what a Hyperfight Ultra is, sounds like a SF2 Version tbh.

BBTag was great, it getting Rollback is also great. CF also got Rollback. BBTag got shit from the wrong people for the wrong reasons.

SamSho costs basically 200€ on Steam. I am not going to pay that amount of money for a game with SNK Delay Netcode that has 5 people playing it.

While I am at it. Whoever designed the new Melty Blood needs to be beaten in public with a stick. I've never seen such a shitty carnival of mechanics thrown into a pod to make such a giant mess. I rather fight C-Roa all day, than play that phantasm of bad ideas.

I am sure DNF will follow the recent trends of  "we need to make everything restricted and one dimensional!" Pls don't allow characters to move faster than a immobile snail and are only allowed to press Punch 2x before the opponent gets pushed halfscreen away!

And all of this "good for newbies!" mottos are the most horseshit that is around since the last decade. Not one of the FGs that came out since that shit started managed it to actually tackle that problem. All they made was to make the games more restricted and easy.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

And all of this "good for newbies!" mottos are the most horseshit that is around since the last decade. Not one of the FGs that came out since that shit started managed it to actually tackle that problem. All they made was to make the games more restricted and easy.

That's great and all but all but a lot of the "newbie" games have been pretty fun. Think the only one I haven't liked so far was GBVS.

In general though, the issue of new games not being fun is largely irrelevant. The more companies invest in giving their marquee games rollback, and the better emulation and fightcade get, the less new releases matter.  For every new FG that comes out this year, there are at least 5 other ones in fightcade I haven't really tried playing it.

With Naomi emulation doing work (and MvC2 online is really good), that opened up a different can of worms for older games that have new life.

Dont' think there's ever been a time in the FGC where a new game has mattered less for your enjoyment of things in this hobby.

54 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

And like that, I want to get back into Samsho 🤣 there’s always discord right?

I did love everything about it, until I spent a few nights trying to find arches against randoms online….

Tbh, lately I’ve wanted to main one game to play most of the time, with a game or two to play you guys 1 or 2 days a week… May just have to add Samsho to that latter bucket, I had lots of fun playing you, @DoctaMario @Hecatom and @KingTubb

I'll be around this weekend if y'all want to try and get some games in

Oh there's the Power Rangers game.

That game is literally trash. Not like goofy trash that turned into a meme and then into something awesome because of how unique it is in the HnK game. But just intentionally bad, made purposefully wrong because that's how some people wanted it to be.

Yeah out of all the new games this gen, that one has the most high tier meme gameplay.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You are becoming a textbook "boomer" at an alarming rate.  😂

Also, I saw your steam review for Strive.  Ummm, yeah no comment other than to not abbreviate SFV for the casual crowd but I just wanted you to know it didn't get swallowed by the void.  🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah playing @Mattatsuin Samsho was probably the most fun I've had in a modern fighter. Although Soul Calibur 6 has always been a blast.

Now I'm thinking of getting Samsho on Steam.  $24, poor netcode.  But its SamSho.  It's part of my history.  

(And Charlotte's a better poke-and-shoto than Ky ever was. )

___

I played some more Strive yesterday.   After flailing a bit with Ram cause I can't seem to remember her specials or supers I slinked back to Ky since I at least know what the buttons are supposed to do.  

Muscle memory is a trap.   And not in a "surprise dick" kind of way either.

This is all I want from fighting games going forward. 

One of my fav features from the old school days. 

It always allowed me to feel like I was on top of the world.

You know what that was?

Entering my initials after beating that game. There was always something magical about it.

I really miss that feature. Nowadays I have to play SF 30th Anniversary to replicate that. Or other old games.

I need it.

23 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

This is all I want from fighting games going forward. 

One of my fav features from the old school days. 

It always allowed me to feel like I was on top of the world.

You know what that was?

Entering my initials after beating that game. There was always something magical about it.

I really miss that feature. Nowadays I have to play SF 30th Anniversary to replicate that. Or other old games.

I need it.

Yeah, I easily had about 5 years of entertainment fighting for the chance to enter my initials when I beat MVC2 on my Dreamcast. Trying to beat my own high score was all I wanted back then.

Rev2 would track your score and show you if you beat it, but you couldn’t enter your initials, and I remember just trying to find the top score (outside of beating arcade mode) was hard (if it was even possible at all). I also don’t think it had a list, you either beat the top score or you didnt

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Doctrine_DarkYou know you were putting in "ASS" like the rest of kids.....until Capcom got wise. You'd try to enter "ASS" and it would change to "CAP". Felt bad for this one dude I knew. "ASS" really was his initials. He ended up going with "A.S" after that.

You know me far too well.

The dream was dead after that.

I just started putting in my real initials soon after. 

I'd walk by and see my name at the top after watching people get game overs fighting Onslaught in MVC1.

it's boring that there is no new SF thing to talk about in SF anniversary other than What If in SF6(like eventhubs do) or SF6 preview haha

Probably more Luke news in SF6 and more stories about Luke from Capcom, Is that supposed to make me excited. LOL

Edited by Shakunetsu