Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

@MattatsuYou have Strive on PlayStation? I'm still pretty butt at the game and want to play some people, but ideally someone remotely close to my skill level. We can go a few rounds when Baiken drops, perhaps. I'm interested in trying her myself, but I'm also still trying to unlock Jack-O and I've been itching to learn some Anji. I played some casual games vs a friend using him and found the twirly-twirly- fuck-you-guess-which-block game pretty fun.

Sounds good! I should be able to play one of the evenings over the weekend

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

My execution is so bad with Ken now that I can't do short short super on P1 side, so I have to hitconfirm Cr.MK...

Games? 😆

on a serious note, I should be good to go in a few days. I’m trying to sort out a simple and (hopefully) effective gameplan to build from, while learning the ranges for my best buttons/tools and working on my hit-confirms.

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

MK11 is on sale for 9.99

Which of you wack mofos would I be playing against if I spend money on that travesty?

I’ll play you here and there, but tbh, I’m not planning on playing it a ton right now.

Edited by Mattatsu

Idk, i think lot depend on personal taste and dynamics of the game... i really love it in Soul Calibur, i like it bit less in Virtua Fighter, i dislike it in Dead or Alive(but there you have also back option iirc) lol

One sure thing is i would never want it in Street Fighter 😄

Its a 3d plane, it had a 3D movement and smooth navigation on a 3D PLANE, So block works that way in SC but the experience is a different thing MK.

both are fighting game but they aren't the same that's not personal taste, both are not interchange SF blocking to SC blocking then expect it to work similar way. 

It's never an issue of personal taste because it's not issue of convenience and preference. 

10 hours ago, FengShuiEnergy said:

Damn people be playing mk11. I still don't know how a block button works. Its' so weird.

People be playing it is a stretch.

I've talked shit about MK11 before it was born, while it got into its teenage years one and as it was sacrificed by Ed Boon for that 2 year dev cycle thing they do. Figure 9.99 is low enough that I can spend money on it to "see if I like it" since cunts here always say I can't talk shit about NRS games without playing them.

I'm sure the game sucks since not even MK11 players like it.

28 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

If make you feel better i talk shit about NRS products without play their stuff, feel no remorse 🤣

Nah, MK11 has a massive defense force of people who don't really play their games all that much.

But they get mad when I say they wack for talking up a game they don't play since them not playing shows they don't like it much.

Except @Vhozite, Vhoz is the only real one.

5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Its a 3d plane, it had a 3D movement and smooth navigation on a 3D PLANE, So block works that way in SC but the experience is a different thing MK.

both are fighting game but they aren't the same that's not personal taste, both are not interchange SF blocking to SC blocking then expect it to work similar way. 

It's never an issue of personal taste because it's not issue of convenience and preference. 

I feel comfortable in SC and Bloody roar but in MK I'm just drawing blanks.

I'm feeling a weird urge to play SF5 but with falke. Refresh  my memory she's more pew pew zoner at base right?

Edited by FengShuiEnergy
typo

The thing I hate most about a block button is that it makes staggering a thing. Especially in a game like MK11 without any true reversals it's always a coin toss when it's safe to let go of the block button. 

In a game like SF you can input a reversal and negative edge it while you're in blockstun and hold back. If he interrupts his string you reverse him, if he doesn't, no harm done, you're still blocking. In MK you have to fully commit and let go of block first if you're guessing that he's going to stagger, knowing that your fastest attack will still take at least 6-7 frames during which your opponent may or may not reset his string, and even if you guess correctly and  he does, you may still not be quick enough or have the range to interrupt him. 

20 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not really in the mood to play any FGs at the moment but if you can't get games. I'll play for a bit.

I can't get any games, but that shouldn't stop you from your break from FGs. My own experience has taught me that those breaks mean the world when it comes to returning, so I'd prefer it if you stuck to your gut and didn't play if you didn't feel like.

It's all good!

2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

I can't get any games, but that shouldn't stop you from your break from FGs. My own experience has taught me that those breaks mean the world when it comes to returning, so I'd prefer it if you stuck to your gut and didn't play if you didn't feel like.

It's all good!

Just in relax mode given my current situation. Only thing FG related I've been doing the last couple of days is messing around in the SCVI Create A Character mode