Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Hi guys just want to share bits FG influence in 90s Philippines

Since I have a chance to write about it in another thread

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I don't talk much about the Philippines about this in previous thread but since Parody SF and cross pollination between comics and fighting games had been brought in the topic

and didn't had been discussed much and talked or mentioned in previous threads unlike the Manwa and Brazilian Comics counterparts. 

It's popular and known that Brazil had their own version of main SF title of comic series while HK and Korea had many parody live action fighting game reference and movie. Phillippines is more like HK comics in terms of SF parody but crazier in terms of crossover and brutal. 

qZKL2mw.png

In the Philippines they had their own version also to named Kick Fighters(SF), Its a has all parody version of character from Xmen, Dragon ball, Dark Stalkers and MK doing crossover with its main universe. I always want to talk about this one.

It's mainly focus on Street Fighter Parody but it had 2 version of Ryu and 3 versions of Guile that are different characters not clones, and the protagonist is cybernetic enhanced CLAW.

n7BQL2a.png

I still have 2 copies of this issue lol

GPhkZk4.png

sB5cMFM.png

Ironically it lack KOF and SNK characters because this series were early 90s and KOF wasn't that big here until KOF97, I still have some few issues regarding the backstory and origin of the main shoto inspired character

SF and MK are popular reference video game isekai parody movies or shows in Phillippines in early 90s, Yes there are  video game isekai parody movies in 90s in the Philippines haha

SF was so popular that it had it's tons unlicensed toys and merch here. I still kept a lot of it here a part of my main Ryu collections. I can talked much of the influenced in the culture.

Tekken was only popular reference in Philippine Music Videos in the late 90s and early 2ks. 

Here is MBison a main villain in this movie, He is trying to plot to escape Video Game World and lead a war against gamers that constantly beats him. 

RJrRN5D.png

Cinema here is like HK and Korea but has their own twist.

Here is Ryu Parrying a Yellow Ranger attack in a Power Ranger Parody Movie haha

The villains in that kids movie brought them to life/summon using POG Slammers were they are printed in

sSSe5Qz.png

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

In Kick Fighters the ZANGIEF parody was named "HUGO" instead, This was before SF3 hit the arcades haha

5feRvD5.png

RAgFIIs.png

yIeW0wF.png

And Kick Fighter's Sagat parody is hybrid Kano and SAGAT having a lazer eye before the live action version had that as a secret move in that game. lol 

k0EtDvg.png

This was 1995 before ALPHA 3 and Bison Clones and the first SF crossover with Marvel Xmen Vs SF

Kick Fighters had their Bison/Dictator parody named Voltar teaming up with DR Doom(DOK BOOM) parody to find a Genetic Formula to launch an Army of Clones based from himself (Voltar)  while teaming up with a Doom Parody.

Bison Clones before the clone saga that started in later SF Alpha titles

ZOtO81h.png

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hopefully my 30A is downloaded by then. PS5 had to delete and reinstall it. I forgot had it installed on my 512GB USB before upgraded to the 1TB 😑

K sent an invite. No worries if it takes you some time.

edit: had to make a new lobby, forgot to make it private lol… happy to see players hopping on so quick though

Edited by Mattatsu

Thanks again for the matches last night Darc! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot! There were a few things, which I thought would be strong that turned out to be near useless, and vice versa.

I uploaded the matches if you want to review the tapes. I had to get real aggressive with cropping the times in between matches to get the whole video under 60 mins (PlayStation’s max video length)

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm really rusty. My punishes were really terrible. I need to practice. I've been spoiled by the longer reversal windows and lax inputs of modern fighters 🤣

Edit: You really got stronger as the set went BTW. Although I think I caught you off guard with my Sean 🙃

Yeah, the tighter reversal windows are interesting. I don’t know if the block stun is shorter as well, but it seems like you really have to be on your toes to punish things in this game, even if you have like 2-3 extra frames to work with.

And thanks! Yeah, it was kinda crazy to see how much better I got as we went on. It really was mostly due to testing different things I had been labbing and seeing what was actually effective in a match (to which, I apparently am pretty shit at determining what seems strong in training mode vs in a match lol).

Your Sean was strong (truthfully, you’re strong with a lot of characters in many games, which I’ve always respected). Initially against Sean, I had an overpowering urge to parry every basketball (thanks to the arcade bonus game). Near the end of the second match, I realized you were hoping I did that to preoccupy me on your approach, so I was able to shift gears a bit from then on.

@MattatsuBruh 4th Strike has two versions of Sean! Regular Sean is not a joke anymore. Has more command normals. Etc. I had download the move list to figure out the other Sean. He's some weird charge character with different Super Arts and 3S Sean's normals. I haven't tried him yet but Gill is playable. Ryu has his Shinku Tatsumakisenpukyaku has his SA2 with 2 stock. If you build both stocks, you can use them to due his Shin Shoryuken. I'm having a damned ball right now.

Move/Change List

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGXvHFP1UeWxFW348FUQgtrjp-FSBXj_oap_V0BZBvQ/edit#heading=h.aym39fob8ok5

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@MattatsuBruh 4th Strike has two versions of Sean! Regular Sean is not a joke anymore. Has more command normals. Etc. I had download the move list to figure out the other Sean. He's some weird charge character with different Super Arts and 3S Sean's normals. I haven't tried him yet but Gill is playable. Ryu has his Shinku Tatsumakisenpukyaku has his SA2 with 2 stock. If you build both stocks, you can use them to due his Shin Shoryuken. I'm having a damned ball right now.

Move/Change List

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGXvHFP1UeWxFW348FUQgtrjp-FSBXj_oap_V0BZBvQ/edit#heading=h.aym39fob8ok5

They made Ibuki straight up nuts lol. Wasn’t surprised they nerfed aspects of Ken, but wasn’t expecting them to buff him in some areas as well. I didn’t pay attention to most people yet, but those changes alone were interesting. I may have to grab it as well (but I’ll likely play someone new to not mess up my 3S Ibuki/Ken knowledge). Funny enough, reading those notes taught me a couple things for 3S Ibuki I didn’t know yet

7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Silly Dark, Men showing skin and muscles is totaly ok.

Now if it was a woman doing this, it would be offensive, racist and all the other forms of -ist.

Silly Cypher, they call that a "male power fantasy" that way they can hand wave away guys being faced with male characters with unachievable body proportions.

@Darc_Requiem did you have to do anything special to get 4th strike running?

i am getting a shitload of errors and tried following the instructions

edit: nevermind, possibly didn’t set it up right. I’m trying something else

edit2: no, I can’t figure it out. I have a bunch of files that were not found, despite trying both the downloads from the json downloader and the 4th strike doc. I’ve also trying to merge the 3S files in their zip files and that doesn’t seem to help

Edited by Mattatsu