Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

56 minutes ago, Sonero said:

GATO IS BACK BITCHES!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Loving we got Gato, Geese and Jenet and i'm ok with others too

But now Team 3 better have Kim 😄

Btw Japan really love their DLC blonds spam, SFV paved the way lol

3 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I have bad news for you mate

😞

Season 3 already been leaked?

Found it i guess

• Orochi Team (Orochi versions of Chris, Shermie, and Yashiro)

• Samurai Shodown Team (Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Darli)

• Omega Rugal

Edgy orochi cunts and not-needed guest is why we can't have nice things 😞

RIP Kim

But guess i'm going to save some tears for SF6 cast, guess i will need it

Edited by CESTUS III

as for the blonde thing in KOF, its more of an all star theme of returning characters that are loved and make a meaningful team.

like the south town while Jenet is a recurring Garou character already in KOF. Returning loved characters gets a pass on this issue.

While the blonde issue with Capcom is cannot be defended. the dolls and the clones are permissible to be blonde but the likes of Luke as the new protag? You knew where they are going for and an obvious that they like those kind of designs lol

I don't really care about that but its noticeable and im aware regarding the japanese character design regarding while they had something with yellow hair as a character trait.

Edited by Shakunetsu
39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Japan has the USA confused with Sweden.

I think it's something to do with how Japanese creators see and fetishize westerners' looks. East Asians are peoples where everyone has either black or brown natural hair, so the fact that people in Europe have sometimes blond or red hair is probably seen as somewhat exotic. So when you're a character designer, and you're making a European or American character, instead of giving him some generic hair color any random guy could have you're kinda encouraged to exaggerate his foreign traits and give him a hair color that only western people can have. And that's how a lot of western characters in Japanese stuff end up being blonde.

Then they also like putting blonde hair on Japanese characters like Karin or Mika simply because they think it looks cool, so it gets worse.

6 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

No, it is that Japan only knows 2 hair colors.

You're either blond, brown/black haired or come from an anime game.

Tbh they also gradually killed good chunk of brown hair crowd lol

Despite lot artworks still give him brown hair, Ryu ingame lost it since SF3, Chun Li lost it in SFV, Zangief lost it in SF4, Vega regained it in SF4 only to lose it again in SFV

One redeeming quality of Luke is that he's brown hair guy who dyed blond just the top to get a job in SFV LOL

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Not going to lie, two seconds after clicking confirm purchase, I regretted it.

I do enjoy our lounges we sometimes play in it (though we haven’t done that in months) , so that was a bit of a factor. if anyone does want games, let me know.

I reinstalled it recently and bought the new season pass. I hope I get my $20 worth of fun out of it lol

4 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Not going to lie, two seconds after clicking confirm purchase, I regretted it.

I do enjoy our lounges we sometimes play in it (though we haven’t done that in months) , so that was a bit of a factor. if anyone does want games, let me know.

I tried installing it last week but it was gonna take hours to do so, so I killed it.

I guess I could try again just to press buttons with peeps.

...let it install overnight...