Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

24 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

@Darc_Requiem did you have to do anything special to get 4th strike running?

i am getting a shitload of errors and tried following the instructions

edit: nevermind, possibly didn’t set it up right. I’m trying something else

edit2: no, I can’t figure it out. I have a bunch of files that were not found, despite trying both the downloads from the json downloader and the 4th strike doc. I’ve also trying to merge the 3S files in their zip files and that doesn’t seem to help

You have to search 3rd Strike and join the 3rd Strike (4th Arranged Edition) room. You are having the problems I was having before you gave the json downloader link.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You have to search 3rd Strike and join the 3rd Strike (4th Arranged Edition) room. You are having the problems I was having before you gave the json downloader link.

That’s weird. I found the room, downloaded the files automatically, but had all the errors. I’ll try deleting everything and starting again

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Mattatsu I highlighted the on you have to download. After you get it, you can test the rom. It will give you an error but it will still load.

NfAIbZ5.png

Yeah, that’s the room I found. I just tried deleting the sfiii4n.zip and redownloading it with the auto downloader and still get the errors. It’s weird.

did you do anything extra like putting the normal 3S files in the 4n zip file?

Edited by Mattatsu
1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, that’s the room I found. I just tried deleting the sfiii4n.zip and redownloading it with the auto downloader and still get the errors. It’s weird.

did you do anything extra like putting the normal 3S files in the 4n zip file?

Nope, that's what I was doing before I got the auto downloader. Just make sure you are searching for 3rd Strike and not 4th Strike that's what I was doing initially. Once I clicked the room. It downloaded the rom and I was good to go.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nope, that's what I was doing before I got the auto downloader. Just make sure you are searching for 3rd Strike and not 4th Strike that's what I was doing initially. Once I clicked the room. It downloaded the rom and I was good to go.

K I got it (basically dumped every 3S and 4rd file into one zip that’s 140mbs) lol. Anyways, labbing Yang now. Are you down to play in a bit?

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

No worries! I hear you. GGs my friend. That version is wacky but fun

Yeah. That weird Ura Sean is well weird. He's charge. Only has three moves has super low health but his SA's hit like mack truck. Regular Sean is more IMO. Edit: He also has no EX moves. 3rd Strike Sean's normals. Regular Sean seems better. He more health, more specials, better normals and more command normals.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
57 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

since you guys are into 4th strike what elements do you guys want to went through for a Official Hyper SF3  in the future?

other than a better Sean which should always be.

I was just thinking about modded re-balanced games (like the 4rd strike and UMK3 modded roms, etc), and they're never going to adapt the majority player base. Sure, it's great they buffed Sean and Ibuki for mine and Darc's sake, but they also (likely) nerfed Chun and drastically changed Ken. That's not going to bode well with the majority of the player-base who plays those characters. I find the revised Ken fun actually, but I'm okay playing him because I don't intend to take 3S Ken seriously anymore, so I don't mind playing him and warping my player-sense for actual 3S. To be honest, 4rd Strike (which is on FC2, and from what I gather, different than the 4th strike project) is fun, but because it hasn't been adopted by the majority of players (it only had like 5% of the players in its lobby than 3S had), I'm only going to play it for fun, and will still be maining/labbing official 3S (even if Ibuki doesn't have a sweet wall-jump in it).

You also have the problem that games like 3S are so old and people are so familiar with them, that they want them to remain exactly how they were balance-wise, possibly even the graphics and presentation. They've been labbing punishes and opposing character-specific combos/setups for 20+ years, they're not going to want a balance change now. Especially since you can still watch classic matches from 2005, and have all of that tech still work today. This is why things like Ultra Super Turbo (or whatever the newer SF2 games are called) never really appeal to the competitive (or casual-competitive) players.

There's also a sense of it being a bit of a cash-grab too, which turns some people off.

If there was an official update to 3S, I personally wouldn't want them to change the balance at all. It just feels wrong to me (like they're trying to fix something that should be left alone at this point). I think the best outcome would be to keep the balance, timing, coding, and everything arcade perfect but make the sprites/graphics higher resolution through upscaling and filling in the blanks where needed to best represent the original sprites, without adding new details. Give it a deep training mode, with frame data and hit-boxes, and of course rollback and cross-play, and you may have something. If there is a single combo that would work on this version and not a 3S arcade cab (or vice versa) then I'd think that the newer version is flawed.

What I would be excited about though, is if SF6 was a lot more like 3S than SFV. I don't necessarily mean parries and stuff like that, but the characters in 3S feel so much less restricted. Movement is faster and easier, and while it definitely has very oppressive and cheap stuff, it feels more like you're fighting the opponent, rather than being somewhat hindered by the game. SFV feels a lot more stiff than 3S to me (and I don't mean animation wise). I would love for the next SF game to be more mobility-minded and faster than SFV. Nothing like a Marvel game, but IMO, 3S gets it perfectly... I also wouldn't mind if they reduced and refined the mechanics. Take some of the restrictions away - I think we only need one meter (excluding stun), and we need characters with more options at round-start than we get in SFV.

Edited by Mattatsu
6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

since you guys are into 4th strike what elements do you guys want to went through for a Official Hyper SF3  in the future?

Their really can't be an official version. It wouldn't matter how the game would change people would rage. Most of the characters, from what I've seen, have been buffed in 4th Strike. Despite that people wouldn't be happy that the traditional top tiers were changed. It would be HD Remix all over again. For me, despite playing it when it wasn't the hype thing to do, I don't think 3S walks on water. Playing all version of SF3 when they came out, 3S while best overall, wasn't best at everything.

Honestly, I want someone to take 4th Strike and give me the Second Impact backgrounds because most backgrounds in 3S are a serious downgrade. I mean the Hugo's background going from Oktoberfest to an overgrown kids room is biggest 3S nerf outside of Sean. Alex has the rooftop, Ken has his custom Yacht. In 3S they share a subway 👀 I mean Art of Fighting 3's backgrounds shit on 3S. Despite being built on far inferior hardware.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I know what I *don't* want.

Parries.

6 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I was just thinking about modded re-balanced games (like the 4rd strike and UMK3 modded roms, etc), and they're never going to adapt the majority player base.

Tbh, you can't please anyone. Not to mention the most obvious problem.

People are collectively dumb as a sack of rocks. Fine-tuning a balance patch is by itself extremely hard. I can personally vouch for it. No matter the game, it's never simple. If you change one thing, you gotta consider how it'll interact in different scenarios and you will always overlook something.

The masses don't give af about that. They want their mains buffed and preferably everyone else nerfed. Anything but that and they won't pick it up. There's also a lot of resistance to fan balance patches for multiple reasons too, like how they're inevitably harder to set-up than just running the original game, muscle memory and game knowledge in general...

26 minutes ago, Volt said:

There's also a lot of resistance to fan balance patches for multiple reasons too, like how they're inevitably harder to set-up than just running the original game, muscle memory and game knowledge in general...

Although not an identical situation, the Altimor netcode patch only working well when both people had it was a similar example. At least with 4th Strike being on Fightcade it helps with the setup issues. Well when you have that rom finder that @Mattatsuhooked me up with.

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Although not an identical situation, the Altimor netcode patch only working well when both people had it was a similar example. At least with 4th Strike being on Fightcade it helps with the setup issues. Well when you have that rom finder that @Mattatsuhooked me up with.

That is also a thing. Both gotta be running on the exact same thing or it will break. Plain and simple.

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I should probably post that link here lol:

https://lofi.netlify.app/post/fc2-json-pack-auto-download-roms-from-fightcade-2/

“Try the FC2 JSON downloader. It works with the newest version of Fightcade and automatically downloads any game/chipset you need to run a new game.”

Edited by Mattatsu

I remember 3-4 years ago when I wanted to get better at SFV and for some dumb reason, thought playing “honest ST” as a side game would help with my fundamentals.

I labbed ST Ryu for a week and went to my first local to enter an ST tournament and got stomped 0-2 on stream and I think I got double perfected my last match. 🤣 

in all honesty, it would’ve been nice to stick with and would’ve helped my fundamentals, but it was not the definition of honest that I thought it was

Edited by Mattatsu

Finally got this game up on Arturo's channel using the game's native netcode.  As I state at the start of the program, rollback is in the works!

In SFV news, BrianF tried to shame someone for being on the spectrum on twitter!  UD and I were talking to the offended party and the gist is that Phospherence King got into it with BrianF because BrianF told him his content was bad.  King took umbrage to this and fired back with some trash talk.  BrianF then went on twitter and screencapped one of his more recent lesser-viewed vids and told his twitter cronies to raid him.  

I'm gonna be seeing Rell (one of EQNX's content managers) at the old-school local next month.  Should ask why BrianF gets away with being such a cuck on sponsor time 😬

Edited by Psychoblue
15 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I remember 3-4 years ago when I wanted to get better at SFV and for some dumb reason, thought playing “honest ST” as a side game would help with my fundamentals.

I labbed ST Ryu for a week and went to my first local to enter an ST tournament and got stomped 0-2 on stream and I think I got double perfected my last match. 🤣 

in all honesty, it would’ve been nice to stick with and would’ve helped my fundamentals, but it was not the definition of honest that I thought it was

SF2 is great for fundamentals. Tourney is not.

Tourney is great for practicing anything that avoids fundamentals... or anything else that resembles a 2-player game. 😀

14 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

My goddess is here!

Did anyone else see that rope shit she has on the opponent? It looks different from her chain grab. 

Also I was watching this trailer and was wondering why she sounded odd and it’s because it’s in English lol.

Edit: Her boobs in that render are too large it looks ridiculous and not in a good way

Edited by Vhozite
2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Did anyone else see that rope shit she has on the opponent? It looks different from her chain grab. 

So it's one special move that does both, with S it's a bell on a cloth rope which ties them together, with H it's a grapple chain that just pulls in the opponent and releases them. H has an optional dashing-sword followup.

I think her normal throw also tethers them together.  Vaguely like Leo's routes into backturn?

Anyway all of her moves are quarter circles except the above half-circle. They'll all on different buttons.  So that's nice after the shit I put up with with Ky. 

I am interested in trying her out. It’ll be my first time booting up Strive since like a month after launch.

I haven’t seen her do a double-jump yet though, which could be a bit of a deal breaker for me, if true. It’s probably not a huge deal but I love the air mobility in GG. I’m not sure how okay I’d be maining a character without a double jump

Edited by Mattatsu
On 1/23/2022 at 10:37 AM, Shakunetsu said:

How much time do you have?

3rd Strike 2; Robbery Boogaloo should have these because they are my opinion and I'm smart and also the main character:

1) 1 stock Chun SA2

2) Fixed priority on stop sign

3) Ken gets a better St.MK, but not the shoto Cl.MK

4) SA2 on Makoto should not be able to stun in one cycle on any character when she does wfuki. It should do a great chunk, but not a complete bar.

Hehe get fukt idiots. Make my character better.

@MattatsuYou have Strive on PlayStation? I'm still pretty butt at the game and want to play some people, but ideally someone remotely close to my skill level. We can go a few rounds when Baiken drops, perhaps. I'm interested in trying her myself, but I'm also still trying to unlock Jack-O and I've been itching to learn some Anji. I played some casual games vs a friend using him and found the twirly-twirly- fuck-you-guess-which-block game pretty fun.

2 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

@MattatsuYou have Strive on PlayStation? I'm still pretty butt at the game and want to play some people, but ideally someone remotely close to my skill level. We can go a few rounds when Baiken drops, perhaps. I'm interested in trying her myself, but I'm also still trying to unlock Jack-O and I've been itching to learn some Anji. I played some casual games vs a friend using him and found the twirly-twirly- fuck-you-guess-which-block game pretty fun.

I have it on Playstation and I haven't touched outside launch week and so I'm beyond trash at the game.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have it on Playstation and I haven't touched outside launch week and so I'm beyond trash at the game.

Perfect, let's play sometime. I still occasionally blue roman cancel by accident when I try to dash and I don't think I've remembered to burst out of getting hit once in my life.

doo-doo tier GG players unite.

@Sonero Bro I don't even think you'd have fun playing me in Strive unless fist-fighting kittens is a hobby of yours or something.

Edited by Yiceman
4 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Perfect, let's play sometime. I still occasionally blue roman cancel by accident when I try to dash and I don't think I've remembered to burst out of getting hit once in my life.

doo-doo tier GG players unite.

I'll be day one because I straight up don't remember anything and I couldn't find character that I clicked with. Maybe I'll try Baiken since I like characters with counters.