Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

If Goutetsu had return its solely cause and to blame but no other than eventhubs. Haha

We got gouken already no need for another one. Goutetsu only meaningful is flashback so returning him and making him a recurring character in the future of the series is a huge stepback.

SF assasins fist had Goma who was kinda Goutetsu twin brother, a long lost twin brother would be better than the actual.

Edited by Shakunetsu

Anyways sucks about the Capcom Cup cancellation news due to corona concerns. Man, two years and this shit still ain't going away while somehow msm are reporting about new variants seemingly on a daily basis

Unless it's only delayed, Capcom will have to set up for a different online event as supposedly CapCup '22 is when we were supposed to hear first about SF6

On 1/8/2022 at 11:39 PM, Shakunetsu said:

SF assasins fist had Goma who was kinda Goutetsu twin brother, a long lost twin brother would be better than the actual.

Guys, I got an idea.

How about Goutetsuo... I mean Gou9999? If that's too obvious, maybe Grohnen? 🙃

Real talk tho, this is EventScrubs watching what K9999 fans did and trying to speak shit into existence. It ain't happening, and it shouldn't happen.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:25 AM, Mattatsu said:

Lmao. This shit doesn’t end

Dude just gotta stop tossing that shit raw at this point. They see the tag and know it's coming. 🤣

Considering that 4 took a lot from 2 and 5 took a lot from 3, i think that 6 will probably take from Alpha.

I wouldnt mind if they kept Vtriggers as a replacement of EX if it meant to get multiple supers and multiple level supers once again if it were the case that 6 was like an Alpha game gameplaywise.

They could even expand from some ideas from SFxT that could be worth revisiting

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

Auto Combos and 1 Button Specials incoming!

Get into the trenches boy, we are about to witness a new war with a potential SFVI reveal.

I doubt it.

They know that it would be a massive change that wouldnt go well with their playerbase.

I think that we would probably see the return of chains and airblocking though.

I like the super charge of SFXT but not a fan of the combo system.

Not that I think auto combo are terrible as a whole for SF or FGs but its just my pet peeve along with block button.

Im okay with few auto combo if designed right. 

I just hope single direction plus button as new special move execution would NOT come to  SF.

I do play mobile fighting games and pocket fighters that used those features but I don't think those features should adopted as the new modern SF upgrade.

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

snip

I watched this the other day actually. Brian F gave some factually wrong information in a few places though. Overall I don't like this change because it's  messed up anti airing. You get 3 versions of shoryuken but only one of them really does its job. Its dumb.

Its also weird encrypted information that doesn't  come naturally during gameplay. Its one thing to have frame data as an extra thing you learn when you dive in. But then you gotta find out that your light DP works against throws but the HP one could do to if it feels like it on a wednesday.

He can also fuck off with his very slanted "pro opinion" on DPs by misrepresenting some of the info. "Ryu could do a safe reversal DP and cancel it into super during guardbreak while v-trigger activated". You know how many loop holes he had to go to try and wake up for free once? Even with all that Ryu still wasn't at the top. he still had Chun, R.Mika, Nash and Karin who were all way better characters.

Oh they nerfed all this for the better. NAH. They took away some tools to calm some characters down in some match ups, then buffed the ever living life out of the offense of a bunch of characters. What was the result? Suddenly a bunch of characters went to shit over night. Out of all the characters that had reversal DPs, the only one that didn't become a meme over night was Cammy. That should say something about how much having some modicum of defense mattered at that time.

Doesn't even help the fact that the best DP to mash on defense is Ibuki's. She gets to have a 3 frame DP that isn't invincible to anything, but because of the priority system will trade favorably for her in those places. If it whiffs it doesn't put her in a crush counter state. Oh that's right, we forgot to mention that part. These DPs lost hella invincibility AND THEN they still would get punished to hell and back.

i'm glad peopel can pat themselves on the back because...lemme check the notes...they DPed a grab.

Congrats!

41 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its also weird encrypted information that doesn't  come naturally during gameplay. Its one thing to have frame data as an extra thing you learn when you dive in. But then you gotta find out that your light DP works against throws but the HP one could do to if it feels like it on a wednesday.

Fighting Games suck at actually teaching you how to play Fighting Games.

More News at 11.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

i think that 6 will probably take from Alpha.

I dunno, Alpha always been its own thing, like, it's not a mainline SF title but its own spinoff series.  :shrug:  I didn't like Custom Combos in it tho.  If it was a bit toned down, like the new CustomCombo works like Feng Shui Engine where you can combo more, but no longer literally anything into anything, then sure it's fine. 

38 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You get 3 versions of shoryuken but only one of them really does its job.

Yeah I was pretty lukewarm on SFV's DP changes.   I'd prefer they kept their crazy iframes but instead they whiff vs lows.  Strive DPs being throwable also keeps them in check while having a DP is still pretty damn nice in Strive.  Ky's DP whiffs on low-profile so some characters like Anji & Gio can alter their pressure if they smell a DP cooking, and that seems fair. 

(Although I'd expect the DP version, whose purpose is specifically that it hits both sides, to actually come out vs crossups instead of giving me a Dire Eclat, fireball, or other vastly wrong move, but hey.)

Basically I prefer Strive's DP limitations. Throwable, no RC on whiff, possibly whiff vs lows depending on the character, etc.  Hell, even Ky's double-digit startup on his H.DP doesn't bother me at all. 

Honestly, I don't mind the SFV DP changes because at least it made them different and gave each a purpose. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if they tried something else next game.

SF6 only depends on itself to succeed. The gameplay niche of SF is intact, the brand is hurt but it's still very strong, Capcom just needs to get it right.

The one true challenge they have to face is the visual identity. Tekken 7 got the fake realism look just right. ArcSys is smoking anything that tries to look anime. SFV's artstyle is not bad, but it needs a lot more polish. Considering how divisive it was on the community, I dunno if they're sticking to it.

Roster-wise, there are really a LOT of characters they could use for a solid 16 roster. Hell, I'd argue that SFV actually did start with a pretty good roster.

The one thing I really want them to cut out is any kind of random bullshit comeback mechanics. A lot of characters in V were outright design for VT robbery. That is just sucktastic design.

The ball is on Capcom's court. Let's see what they do with it.

DPs had different uses in ST without needing to cuck them entirely.  Worst thing that 3S did was make DPs with no anti airing purpose.

SF as a series spends years creating a visual language with their moves. Then comes 3S and it's like "well it isn't a real DP, it's a thing for combos". Yeah sure fam, that's totally coherent.

Best change invincible DPs got was the extra recovery frames and counterhit status on recovery. You get to have a powerful tool, I get to combo video you. Everybody wins.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

DPs had different uses in ST without needing to cuck them entirely. 

The one thing I vividly remember watching in a high level ST match is Ken throwing light DPs like they had no recovery. FOH.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Best change invincible DPs got was the extra recovery frames and counterhit status on recovery. You get to have a powerful tool, I get to combo video you. Everybody wins.

This. Perfectly said.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

SF as a series spends years creating a visual language with their moves. Then comes 3S and it's like "well it isn't a real DP, it's a thing for combos". Yeah sure fam, that's totally coherent.

I was so confused when Dayaan explained to me that Remy's Flash Kick got no invul.

Like bro. Now that's just wrong. Speaking of which...

Whoever decided that Ryu's DP should do less damage as a late hit is a goddamn glue eater. The whole point of the special is to be an invincible AA. Why do I have to wait until some dude is damn near on the ground for a proper DP? What headassery is this?