Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

You know, on the subject of new games simplifying stuff Strive and new Melty really made me realize that it's not just new people who benefit from games getting easier, it's ME: the guy who really likes fighting games but doesn't have time to nerd out anymore. I like games like +r and bbcf and all the rest where you have to really learn a lot to get into the game. That's a very respectable kind of game to be good at, where dedication is rewarded and gaps in knowledge and execution between players are obvious.

BUT

I've gotten old, I have shit to do and I'm not even a father or anything that really takes over your life. It didn't used to matter to me that I had to grind weeks to consistently land bnbs or play a match a thousand times to deal with mu specific horseshit. But now? I'm so thankful for games with baby easy combos like strive. I'm glad lumina has an insanely strong parry so I can tell animegirltits69's 3 layer dip setplay to fuck off. I get closer to playing at the limits of the game without having to invest all my waking free time into playing and that feels really nice. 

What I'm trying to say is long live baby games, they are my friends 

24 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

My plans for tonight got cancelled, so if anyone is up for games at like 8:30et, let me know. Mostly down for Samsho, 3S, or SFV, but I have like everything lol

If you have Strive on PC...  ? 🙏 

EDIT wait you said "tonight" so not 8:30 AM .    Damn.  Well i might be free  evening anyway... 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My bad, started messing with the modded UMvC3. Sure SFV is fine, I'll log on now.

I’ve been meaning to try that lol. Don’t have UMVC3 for PC… yet

edit: I’m already on. Send me an invite whenever you’re ready no rush

Edited by Mattatsu
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@MattatsuGGs man. I don't know much about Luke but dude is definitely strong. His V-Trigger mechanic rewards you for landing hits and not getting hit. You can make a "permanent' V-Trigger with smart play.

Yeah, you were really good with him too. Playing against you is the first time I’ve fought him. He seems pretty good

29 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, you were really good with him too. Playing against you is the first time I’ve fought him. He seems pretty good

Nah, I was just trying to figure him out. He's best combos require precision I don't possess. If you can actually charge his punches mid combo but you have to hold the charge just right. Too short and you'll just get the standard Flash Knuckle that leaves your foe standing. Charge too long and you negative point blank. Charge just right and you can melt your opponents health. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem