Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Possibly, it's why Bungie made all those cuts. If they hit their numbers, they keep control. That said, I doubt they do. Sony'll have them doing Horizon Forbidden West Remaster by the end of the year 😒

Edit: Fuck these Woke/Anti-Woke people. Woke people complaining the portrayal of women in GTA6 is misogynistic. Anti-Woke people are complaining that GTA6 is well...woke. A) The shit the women are doing in the trailer are literally GTA renditions of actual events. B) Double cheeked up women are twerking on top of cars, how the fuck is that woke? 🙄

Come on man, don't you know??

Video Game Women Twerking With Cheeks Out: Misogyny!! 😡

Real Life Women Twerking With Cheeks Out: Empowerment! 💃

I might be further along in Doom Eternal now on Steam Deck than I was on the Xbox... I killed the "Doom Hunters" yesterday...that fight was rough; you're fighting 1 as a boss enemy...then right after that there's 2 of them + several enemies at the same time, of course.  Yes, I vaguely remember that those guys aren't all that in comparison to the infamous "Marauder" enemy that appears later.

The Super Shotgun is so amazing.... it and the regular one continue to be my favorite shotguns probably in all of gaming history.  The super's damage is insane, like a close shotgun blast should be.  You're seeing even big enemies get blasted to pieces.  It's beautiful every time.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

I might be further along in Doom Eternal now on Steam Deck than I was on the Xbox... I killed the "Doom Hunters" yesterday...that fight was rough; you're fighting 1 as a boss enemy...then right after that there's 2 of them + several enemies at the same time, of course.  Yes, I vaguely remember that those guys aren't all that in comparison to the infamous "Marauder" enemy that appears later.

The Super Shotgun is so amazing.... it and the regular one continue to be my favorite shotguns probably in all of gaming history.  The super's damage is insane, like a close shotgun blast should be.  You're seeing even big enemies get blasted to pieces.  It's beautiful every time.

Do you have the DLC's? They're good, but pretty brutal  in terms of difficulty.

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

And now I don't know wtf this means lol.

Probably because I've never played Fortnite.

I've played Fortnite like once. Never this building mode though. I just remember people doing fucked up shit in the Sims where they'd build a room with no exit and....well the Sims character would just die eventually 😳 That's what her strat reminded me of.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Ok is the traversal bullshit in the Horde mode even fucking possible?  Fuck the piece of shit that decided that would be a "fun" thing to put in the world of Doom....fucking bullshit ass nonsense.  I just want to kill shit, man.  If I could magically delete this shit out of the mode I would without question.

I'm remembering now why I stopped and just waited the timer out so I could move on to an "Arena" stage so things could be fun again.

Edited by MillionX

OH WOW....Xbox just grabbed Blade lol. 

Blade being made by Arkane is extremely fucking promising.  Blade might be crazy good.  This is clearly a grab by M$ as an answer to Spider-man.  I don't believe it can be anything else.

Been trying to keep up with stuff while I was getting my son ready for bed.  Fucking blew my whole load when Vegeta deflected a Kamehameha blast in the Tenkaichi trailer.  SO FUCKING HYPE!

Also Jordan Peele with Kojima...That's a pretty crazy get for Xbox.  We now know why Phil was over there in the studio like a month ago.

Edited by Sonichuman
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

@SonichumanBut the Sega trailer. Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage.......

Yeah I saw that!  Sega is fucking COOKING.  That was the other hype moment that I was flipping out and my wife told me to shut up lol.  I'm extremely curious as to how they're going to update these games to make the price worth it to the average consumer though so I'm a little worried about how Golden Axe and Streets of Rage are going to fair.  Games look good but that's a lot money into the graphics they're putting in on beatemups.  I'm hope they're successful though.

“In recent years, Sonic the Hedgehog has forged new paths for SEGA, bringing the franchise to life and reaching new audiences in ways we had only dreamed of in the past,” said SEGA Corporation co-chief operating officer and SEGA of America CEO Shuji Utsumi. “Today’s announcement is just the start of our initiative. First and foremost, our ambition will be to create great games with memorable characters and worlds. We hope fans of all ages will look towards our future with anticipation as we release these projects in the coming years.”

Get the details below.

Spoiler

The upcoming projects, spanning a range of genres, are currently in different stages of development and will release over the next several years. The first of these games will be based on the following legacy franchises:

Crazy Taxi Franchise

A whacky, high-octane driving adventure series where players must weave through traffic in an open play environment to deliver passengers to their destinations before time runs out.

Golden Axe Franchise

A “hack and slash”-style series with close melee combat set in a fantasy world of beasts, swords and magic.

Jet Set Radio Franchise

This franchise combines action packed traversal around vibrant Tokyo-to with skating, self-expression through graffiti, street culture and rebellious themes.

Jet Set Radio Jet Set Radio

Shinobi Franchise

A series that utilizes ninja shuriken, ninjutsu, special attacks and more to defeat enemies in a mix of side-scrolling action and challenging environments.

Shinobi Shinobi

Streets of Rage Franchise

A “beat ’em up”-style series that pairs fast-paced fist fighting with fresh music set in a lawless urban environment.

Edited by AriesWarlock

vids

^ this has the Guilty Gear trailer within.  Also they announced a 3 on 3 mode with Elphelt.

Edit:  updated with FFXVI DLC trailer

Edited by Sonichuman
20 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Good, that shit shouldn't be allowed to happen

Hecatom. it's over. It's a literal waste of time. They already lost. Now they are just content on burning our tax dollars up. They presented a shit case. An appeal reviews that case they lost, with no new evidence, for errors by the judge that have to be egregious enough to effect the out come. There is a better chance of me waking up next to Pam Grier from 1974 than the FTC winning their appeal.

Monster Hunter Wilds just announced!  coming 2025!

Edit:

Edit 2:  Balder's game with the rug yank on TotK.  I think they pretty much nearly won in every cat which is pretty deserved since they really poured their soul into that game and came outta nowhere.  I think TotK took one award...Unless I missed one of them.  Larian really swept it so good for them.  Now other devs gotta really hold that lol.

Edited by Sonichuman

Harada asking questions lol

Edit:

Edit 2:

Awww man I missed this burn? 

Edit 3:

Oh wow I thought these things were just jokes but apparently they really were aggressively trying to get people off the stage.  That "Please Wrap It Up" is actually taken directly from the show

Christopher Judge really ruined it for everyone lol

Edited by Sonichuman
22 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Oh wow I thought these things were just jokes but apparently they really were aggressively trying to get people off the stage.  That "Please Wrap It Up" is actually taken directly from the show

Who cares what the people who make our favorite games has to say? We gotta make more time for celebrities and Kojima.

2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Who cares what the people who make our favorite games has to say? We gotta make more time for celebrities and Kojima.

To be fair though...some people do take a good chunk of time when they're up there.  30 seconds is definitely too short especially for people who have translators.   I know Judge stood up there for 10 minutes but maybe they should push the time back to at least min and a half 2 min before they hit people with the "Wrap It Up" box

Chappelles Show GIF

hell yeah the Blade reveal was a highlight for me... it will be funny if that game turns out to be way better than whatever weak-ass Disney is cooking up for the movie.  In fairness, the story that came out was that they threw out the nonsense that it was shaping up to be so maybe they're fixing it....it's doubtful to be much of an improvement over what could've been though...like maybe it goes from being a 1 out of 10 to a 3 or 4?....but yeah I'm looking forward to the game instead of the movie.

Wukong was another highlight of the show... and that Viking action game, and the Matt Mcconoghey sci-fi game....but the absences here:

• No Gears of War
  • No Fable (though my expectations are terribly low with this)
  • No Avowed
  • No Elder Scrolls of course. (haha like they've even done any work on that....TES 6 is probably still about 20+ years away.)
Edited by MillionX