Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Helldivers 2 actually has a Game Master named Joel

https://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-an-actual-person-with-the-title-of-game-master-a-single-helldivers-2-dev-named-joel-is-pulling-the-strings-on-its-galactic-war-like-an-all-powerful-dandd-dungeon-master-war-will-become-more-and-more-sophisticated-over-time/

So if you're ever out spreading liberty and democracy and suddenly you feel like you're potentially getting fucked from all sides...that might be the hand of Joel happening.

30 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Looks like Toys For Bob has freed itself from its corporate masters

Good, the studio is full of great devs.

... Assuming they are still in the studio.

It would be great to see them make a spiritual successor to CTRNF.

We need more kart racers in the vein of CTR

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

If only you had just gotten into one of the FF7 mobile efforts... Then you wouldn't start blasting until it got cancelled a year or less later.

Hurts bad doesn’t it? Square is way too quick to cancel shit in the mobile space that doesn’t see immediate returns. It’s why I don’t support anything they do related to

mobile. Iirc that’s why Dragon Quest Tact stopped receiving support outside of Asia. 

Im surprised the Octopath mobile game is still up and running. I don’t know anyone or have spoke to anyone that has ever played it but apparently it’s incredibly successful. 

Edited by iStu X

BG3 - ah yes, the sweet moment of betraying your own people.... my Tiefling Warlock "Julian" made it to that point of raiding the Grove.  It was funny how at first you can mislead Zevlor a bit by saying "...I tried to stop them...sorry."---- then another response is something like "Oh you misunderstand....  I'm with them."  I absolutely love this moment of villainy... the look on Zevlor's face when he realizes the situation 🤣

Apparently this is always the last straw for Wyll if he's in your party, btw... he's pissed and calls you a traitor, then you get that message about him permanently leaving the party, so he becomes an enemy at that point.  As mentioned earlier, his fate was sealed immediately on that decision.  Now he lay there in a pool of his own blood, not far off from Zevlor...and the merchant I just sold some things to and a few other fresh corpses.  It would be cool to have the "animate dead" spell at this moment to add further insult to injury by raising their corpse as an undead servant against the others.  Oh yeah I swiped the expensive items the merchant had now that he's dead, of course.  Now to finish wiping out the rest of this entire place.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

when the dbfz rollback beta happened. i played it on pc.

i was not impressed.

it needed alotta work.

their rollback was not anywhere near as good as ggpo.

ggpo even from years ago, was vastly better than arcsys's shit.

imho.

Ggpo is good for the games made for it.

But for games that were not meant to use it is a big hit or miss.

Asw stuff so far has been great.

Dunno if this one specifically was made by them, since from what we know this was made by a team on namco, that worked on the port.

With at much asw giving consultantship on implementing rollback, which in case it is a namco thing, then it means that it could be ggpo or a variation of it and not asws rollback netcode.

Also, brute forcing rollback on a game not made for it can have issues, but in this day and age is so mething that can be fixed easily with a patch.

ive never played FF7.

i mssed the ps1 era. didnt play any games from 95 to 2001.

i will play FF7 one day. see why its so beloved. or at least memorable.

edit

later on, years later, i did manage o play a few ps1 games on my ps2 but only cuz ps2 had backward compatability. like legacy of kain. the ps1 one. and that capcom 3d fighter. forgot its name 

im sorta glad i missed the ps1 era cuz to go from snes to ps2 graphics. was mind blowing regarding the change in graphics

Edited by VirginDefiler
41 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

ive never played FF7.

i mssed the ps1 era. didnt play any games from 95 to 2001.

i will play FF7 one day. see why its so beloved. or at least memorable.

When you find out, please let me know. I played it launch in 1997. And again couple of years later when my best friend bought me PC copy he found on clearance and I still don't see it. Part of the reason I enjoyed Remake was that several of the glaring narrative issues I had were addressed. Heck I'm only a few hours into Rebirth and the biggest issue has already been addressed.

Spoiler

I had a serious issue with Tifa knowing Cloud's retelling of the Nibelheim incident was bullshit and saying nothing. She actually tells Aerith about his story not adding up a couple hours into Rebirth.

yunno.

its been difficult avoiding FF7 spoilers. for 20 years.

especially when its so famous n popular.

the only thing i know is

theres a dude named cloud. chic named tifa.

black dude bff. and dainty girl. 4 peeps.

theres a dude named seph.has white hair. stabs someone but dont know why.

and dark heavy metal city. oh and chocobos.

um. thats it. its hard avoiding story stuff but i managed to learn nothing more than that.

ive only played one FF game which is  FF12. 100% completion. killed every enemy. got the last 2 swords full completion. from the hunter guild. 

i played...FF10 a lil of beginning but dropped it and moved on. noyt cuz i didnt like it i just got distracted by another game n never went back to FF10.

11 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

which one?

i myself am waiting for wuthering waves to release. thats gonna b my new fever. my new crack.

dave chappelle crying GIF

It's that nikke/Goddess of Victory game. Pseudo Military/Mech/Waifu bait everywhere. I resisted for so long. @HecatomDo you play any gacha? I feel like you're be on top of the waifu gachas.

Wow.... as if Dragon's Dogma 2 wasn't already looking awesome enough... look at this latest reveal---- the Mystic Spearhand (which is age-restricted for some odd reason)

shocked holy shit GIF

Easy day one purchase right there, folks.

*Also---Banishers works on Steam Deck so yeah that's definitely mine soon:

Edited by MillionX

VGM Friday!  Part 1 Feb Anniversaries.  Sonic 3 (30th), Mario Party (25), Metroid: Zero Mission (20), FFVIII (25), M & L: Bowser's Inside Story (15), DKC: TF (10), and SSF2T arcade (30).   Other notables that I'm not fully familiar with musically include  Silent Hill ((25), PvZ: Garden Warfare (10), Power Stone (25), Killzone 2 (15), Shadow Hearts; Covenant (20), and Star Ocean: The Last Hope (15), Samurai Warriors (20), and F.E.A.R. 2, and Thief (10).

Spoiler

Since Rebirth got releeased this week I figured I'd pick 5 from Remake's and Integrade's OST for the 2nd part

I feel like unless I'm trying to give other tracks more of a spotlight out of this OST it's nigh impossible to not throw  at least these 2 in.  I managed to finally convince my wife to play Remake so she can have some semblance of an idea of why this game's story as a whole resonates with so many people.  It sucks that she won't have the 100% context that comes from playing the original but I'm really excited to see her get to Airbuster and Seph's battle in Part 1 if only because the game feels like it's firing at 110% during these sections in terms of gameplay and music all syncing up perfectly with the action.  I've watching a ton of musicians analysis on just these 2 tracks alone and I never get tired of watching someone who has never heard these tracks before be completely and utterly blown away by them.

I still have yet to play the Intergrade stuff but I gotta do that before I dive into Rebirth.  Love the fact that Gigantipede uses Wuitai's leitmotif woven in and out of it.   Also can't wait to hear Yuffie's theme played up when the battles start going.

This track is in the game in the Jukebox but it's not on the official OST and that's because it's part of this Squeenix Jazz album.  Now I gotta try to hunt this album down cause I didn't know it existed.

7 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

It's that nikke/Goddess of Victory game. Pseudo Military/Mech/Waifu bait everywhere. I resisted for so long. @HecatomDo you play any gacha? I feel like you're be on top of the waifu gachas.

I am actually only victim of one, despite my motto of No Waifu, No Laifu.

Is a very inoffensive dress up game where you do stuff to get clothes to dress up your anime waifus.

btw i played some dbfz yesterday.

the rollback was better than the last beta. but with everyone online at the same time it was still laggy from the strain on the server. but when everyone wasnt online same time...it felt good. much better experience than last time.