Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have a ways to go myself between the side quests and Queens Blood, I'm just about to Chapter 10. I guess I'm about 2/3rds  of the way done.

I just got to chapter 7 myself. Outside of weekends I only get about 4 hours of free time a day if I’m lucky. So while the lack of playtime hasn’t been great it’s also making me appreciate the game a lot more. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I ALMOST want to play OW2 just to get the skins and voice lines and then drop it...

Same, lol. 

But then I remember that the skins will be ripped from the game and made available in blender, so we are safe

I attempt another Side Oder run in Splatoon 3 using Marie's palette, which is the Splat Charger. 

Me: I'm gonna stack a bunch of fast charge chips and turn this into a Grizzco Charger.

Game: 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I didn't find a single fast charge chip. Not. A. One. I'm also not a charger main so the last floor was ROUGH. I did complete the run, but it became more frustrating than fun. Hard to ink the ground when your weapon isn't the best at it and you keep getting swarmed. Even with damage increase on my load out, my non charged shots weren't that great.  

BG3 - so I got the Everburn sword again on another paladin character (Steam Deck version)... things got off to a good start right away when Shadowheart's close-range attack with a "necrotic damage" touch actually did 22 points of damage to Zhalk... a surprisingly huge amount of damage right at the start of the game; I forgot if he's weak to necrotic damage or perhaps that was just a "good roll" on the attack but that was huge.  As usual I also had her cast "Guidance" on Mindflayer to help him fight Zhalk for us....then of course we killed Mindflayer later for the exp.

The Everburn sword might actually be good for a warlock as well if you go the route of "Pact of the Blade", I assume...making that your "bound" magical weapon....but yeah that sword is such an incredible item to get in the early game....it's hard to imagine starting things off any other way now... even if your main character will be a primarily magic based character, it's still good to get if someone in the party (like Lae'zel or perhaps Karlach) is a strength-based character....and then there's the huge amount of exp to consider as well.  Running past the fight like normal means you have just missed out on 150 xp; you could've been level 2 immediately after the ship crash.  It's too good to pass up.

haha that was cool... in one early dungeon type area... when you break the door down, there's 1 character in there alone, but if she runs off she will alert others for help... well this time since this latest character is a paladin, I used that "Command" spell and it worked... commanded her to "approach", so that stopped her from running over to the other door to get help....instead she turned around and came back over to me....  I easily killed her while those in the other room are still unaware of our presence.

Dragon Quest Creator Yuji Horii Commented on Akira Toriyama Death

dragon-quest-creator-yuji-horii-commente

I still cannot believe the sudden news of Toriyama-san’s passing.

I have known Toriyama-san since I was a writer for Shonen Jump and, at my editor Torishima-san’s suggestion, I decided to ask (Toriyama-san) to make drawings for Dragon Quest when it released.

In the over 37 years I’ve known him, (Toriyama-san) has drawn character and monster designs for countless of fascinating characters.

The history of Dragon Quest is tied to Toriyama-san’s designs.

Toriyama-san and the late (Koichi) Sugiyama-sensei were two longtime friends that worked on Dragon Quest.

I can’t believe he’s gone…

I don’t know what else to say. I am so, so sorry.

Still playing through Persona 3 Reload. Really enjoying it so far, but there are a couple small annoyances. The first one is that the game is much easier than P4 and P5. This isn't too much of a problem since it makes the game go by quicker. Considering my gaming backlog, I'm actually glad you don't need to grind levels. The other weird issue is the text they used for social links. If you aren't going to level up a social link, the prompt says something along the lines of, "I don't think this social link will improve no matter how much time I spend with this person." I thought some of the links were locked behind story progression before I could level them up. However, no, it's just like the old games where you just need to hang out with them more and then later on you can level up the social link. At least it never feels like you wasted a day since you can just level up your personality traits or level up another social link.

45 minutes ago, JGreen said:

Still playing through Persona 3 Reload. Really enjoying it so far, but there are a couple small annoyances. The first one is that the game is much easier than P4 and P5. This isn't too much of a problem since it makes the game go by quicker. Considering my gaming backlog, I'm actually glad you don't need to grind levels. The other weird issue is the text they used for social links. If you aren't going to level up a social link, the prompt says something along the lines of, "I don't think this social link will improve no matter how much time I spend with this person." I thought some of the links were locked behind story progression before I could level them up. However, no, it's just like the old games where you just need to hang out with them more and then later on you can level up the social link. At least it never feels like you wasted a day since you can just level up your personality traits or level up another social link.

Are yoy on the hard setting? I'm just curious is all. 

I haven't run across any fire tornadoes yet but We have been getting constantly bombarded by meteor storms and it is ABSOLUTE chaos.  At first I thought when the storm is happening that you just had to pray to not get hit but the lights the give off before landing give you a chance to get outta the way.  This won't help when you're already 6ft deep in shit and the storm comes in to push your head under.

Yea Demo was probably uploaded or released early by mistake so they took it down and disabled key access for anyone who did download. Not terribly surprising. 

Not sure it's the move I would made but I'm not remotely caught off guard by it. Will probably drop again soon enough. 

I'm interested to see if it's remotely good at all. I kinda have my doubt tho....

20 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Are yoy on the hard setting? I'm just curious is all. 

Just on normal. I considered upping the difficulty, but then I figured I have enough games in my backlog that it might be better to take it easy on the normal difficulty. There's still Mario Wonder, BG3, FF VII Remake and Rebirth, Prince of Persia, Granblue and now freaking Unicorn is out. Hahahaha so many games.

My wife is fighting the Hell House right now and she is going THROUGH IT right now.  It's been pretty funny with her just having a complete and total dislike of Aeirth with minutes of being in contact of her but a combination of her propensity to not pay attention to certain tells, panic, not be patient and try to brute force her way through situations when she really doesn't have to are making a perfect storm of shit for her in this fight.  And even despite this house giving her the absolute business, she still has not died yet.  I am truly amazed  right now lol.

Edit:

I'm truly fucking loving this cause she's been reluctant to actually really do much character switching at the start of the game and she already died like 3 times during the airbuster fight as a kind of skill check for her but she's being truly forces to actually engage the games mechanics here.  She actually just managed to beat it lol.

Edited by Sonichuman

The Hell House demands you play by its rules. You just can't brute force it at all, it will ruin your day, all day, every day lol. 

On Hard Mode the fucking thing spits out Tonberrys. It's such an asshole lol.