Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I never got to play Doom back in the day so Star Wars: Dark Forces was a real treat for me. The Remaster was not something I was expecting to see done. From what I hear, a TON of TLC went into making the Dark Forces Remaster. I'm hoping it gets a physical release on Switch.

I went to check the file size for Star wars Battle Front on the eShop and that MF is a whopping 33+ GIGS!!! 

2 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I never got to play Doom back in the day so Star Wars: Dark Forces was a real treat for me. The Remaster was not something I was expecting to see done. From what I hear, a TON of TLC went into making the Dark Forces Remaster. I'm hoping it gets a physical release on Switch.

I went to check the file size for Star wars Battle Front on the eShop and that MF is a whopping 33+ GIGS!!! 

.....why TF is this game that big?  I had to look up how big the OG Battlefront was and its apparently 3 gigs on Steam.  Then even if we compare the 1st reboot which is roughly 40 gigs.  I don't quite get it here.  Did they just uncompress everything for funsies and put this out?

The Steam sales are crazy right now, as usual...just checking my wishlist at the moment there's a lot going on:

The Dishwasher Vampire Smile = 2.49

Witcher 3 = 9.99

Saint's Row 2 = 2.49 (remember the good ol' days when SR was a good franchise?)

Saint's Row Gat Out of Hell = 3.74

Left 4 Dead 2 = 0.99

Hexen = 1.49

Prototype = 4.99

Shadow Warrior = 2.99

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance = 17.99

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 = 7.99.... I'm always on the fence here, because it's such an unfortunate mixed bag.  The game starts off as one hell of a cool vampire power fantasy like I've always wanted.... and then some asshole decided to throw in some *forced* stealth crap that makes no logical sense.

Azure Striker Gunvolt = 5.99 (I already have this on Switch)

X-Morph Defense = 3.99

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning = 9.99!

Grime = 14.99

Hades = 12.49

Nobody Saves the World = 9.99

I really hate that I feel like can't just fundamentally disagree with people who believe that "you can't be racist to white people" and not get completely tossed in with probably some of the worst human beings on the planet.  This whole thing with Sweet Baby and the non binary person for Black Panther is really bringing out the worst people.

...skins in a game that is still played in first-person, btw....if I recall, you only see your character in "Play of the Game" clips if you got that...or I guess if you're watching a replay of a moment from a different angle.  Customization of a character is less valuable to me when the game is first-person, since i'm not going to be seeing that cool character style most of the time anyway.....another reason I prefer 3rd person generally speaking.

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I really hate that I feel like can't just fundamentally disagree with people who believe that "you can't be racist to white people" and not get completely tossed in with probably some of the worst human beings on the planet.  This whole thing with Sweet Baby and the non binary person for Black Panther is really bringing out the worst people.

Might be time to reconsider who the worst human beings on the planet are when people who call themselves the good guys "REE REE REE" all the way home over any reasonable dissent from their opinions of the last 5 minutes. These are largely the same people who will say "antifa just means anti-fascist", "voter ID laws are racist" (while then demanding vax passes), and other obvious nonsense without pause. Unfortunately, those people seem to make up the majority of games journalism and the online nerdosphere in general. 

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The whole Sweet Baby Inc fiasco is what I referenced without naming them in my Dime rant earlier. Their situation blew up because of them. They are the assholes. How can you be for "Diversity and Inclusion" when your company's employee's are openly racist and misandrist? Diversity and Inclusion is supposed to include everyone. They actually altered their website's mission statement after this started because well it wasn't a good look. Given their and their founders attitude, I can't say I'm surprised. Then you have the gaming media running cover for them. All of their articles leave out the targeted harassments and racist statements by Sweet Baby Inc employees, lie about the Sweet Baby Inc Detected breaking TOS, and leave out that Sweet Baby Inc employees broke TOS. It's a complete an frankly unsurprising shit show.  Gaming media hasn't really been about gaming and standing up for it's audience in decades.

I'm going to say something that should be common sense. If you hate someone because of their race. You are racist. "You can't be racist against white people they aren't marginalized.' Tell you me you don't know history without saying you don't know history. The Irish immigrated to the USA in the 1800s because they were being marginalized, got the US, and you know what happened? They were marginalized. Similar thing for the Italians. This is just from American perspective. You have generation of numbskulls that think all "white people" are the same. A lot of what we call "white people" in the US, weren't considered such when they immigrated here. Fucked up shit happened to Black people in the US. Native American's got screwed beyond belief. However, the USA isn't the world. It's not indicative of what people have been through as a whole and even the case of the USA, it's not all puppy dogs and roses for everyone. Now before I get further of topic and start bringing up other stuff that bothers me i.e. people thinking Christianity is a White European religion that was forced on Africa when Christianity hit Africa before Europe. Ethiopia is literally the 2nd oldest Christian country in the world. The 1st was Armenia, which is in Asia. :tldr:

Side Note: Dime may not be here, but I'll pick up the baton for him on occasion 😉 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Let me post something that's actually more focused on gaming. More rumors about the PS5 Pro. If these are true, Sony has it's own custom version of DLSS/FSR and the GPU is bigger jump in power than I expected. Granted TFLOPs aren't everything and since it's using RDNA3 instead of RDNA2. It's has dual issue setup which means, if developers don't optimize for it, it will function like a 16.75 TFLOP GPU instead of 33.5 TFLOP GPU.

https://videocardz.com/newz/sony-playstation-5-pro-teased-with-pssr-spectral-super-resolution-support

13 hours ago, MillionX said:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 = 7.99.... I'm always on the fence here, because it's such an unfortunate mixed bag.  The game starts off as one hell of a cool vampire power fantasy like I've always wanted.... and then some asshole decided to throw in some *forced* stealth crap that makes no logical sense.

I've been thinking about this game lately, thought about giving it another shot. I actually was in a GameStop yesterday that had some used PS3 games but alas no LoS2, although I think I still have the pirated copy of the PC version I played years ago so maybe I'll just go that route.

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

She should be fired; if she was white she would have been gone a long time ago. It's a shame that this is going to be attached to that Black Panther game regardless of how good it is. All the work those people under her are doing on the game will be for naught unless people memory hole this.

And denying that you can be racist to white people is either a racist covering for their own racism and/or a way of tacitly saying that non-whites have no agency or power, which ignores reality (as well as the definition of "racism" the people who say that type of thing use.) So in a backhanded way, it's actually racist toward non-whites as well.

Atifa does just mean Ati-Facist and voter ID laws are pretty racist. 

Doesn't mean the people within those unorganized groups can't be fucking stupid as shit tho lol. 

Edited by RSG3

ha, the first time I heard that line of "you can't be racist to white people" was actually back in the early 90s----on MTV's Real World... the first season.  It was either Kevin or Heather B. (who went on to be a rapper, I remember)... I think it was Kevin saying that shit.  It immediately hit me as such a bizarre thing to say.  The fallout from the ongoing disaster of Sweet Baby is the gift that keeps on giving... as with all train-wreck situations in the industry, of course I love it.

For the first time in quite a while I played Switch yesterday--- in Dead Cells I randomly unlocked a new character outfit, which was a nice surprise...it's the outfit to make you look like the guy from Katana Zero....I almost lost the unlock because I forgot about the situation where mimics are now possible everywhere there's a shop area in the game....one popped up so I was getting chased through the rest of the whole level by that and other enemies....no I didn't dare stop to fight it... the mimic in Dead Cells is one of the most dangerous enemies in the game....in fact yeah I'd say it is *the* most dangerous.  Golem isn't that bad in comparison.

*ohhhh here we go with this one... 😆

Edited by MillionX
55 minutes ago, MillionX said:

For the first time in quite a while I played Switch yesterday--- in Dead Cells I randomly unlocked a new character outfit, which was a nice surprise...it's the outfit to make you look like the guy from Katana Zero....I almost lost the unlock because I forgot about the situation where mimics are now possible everywhere there's a shop area in the game....one popped up so I was getting chased through the rest of the whole level by that and other enemies....no I didn't dare stop to fight it... the mimic in Dead Cells is one of the most dangerous enemies in the game....in fact yeah I'd say it is *the* most dangerous.  Golem isn't that bad in comparison.

Using Hattori's Katana with that skin gives it some extra juice, so be sure to try it!

I love that they included that skin because I love Katana Zero so much. When you beat the game using that skin, it says "Yes, that should work" like it does when you beat a section of KZ. When I first saw that, it almost made me

Sad Doctor Who GIF

a little lol

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I've been thinking about this game lately, thought about giving it another shot. I actually was in a GameStop yesterday that had some used PS3 games but alas no LoS2, although I think I still have the pirated copy of the PC version I played years ago so maybe I'll just go that route.

She should be fired; if she was white she would have been gone a long time ago. It's a shame that this is going to be attached to that Black Panther game regardless of how good it is. All the work those people under her are doing on the game will be for naught unless people memory hole this.

And denying that you can be racist to white people is either a racist covering for their own racism and/or a way of tacitly saying that non-whites have no agency or power, which ignores reality (as well as the definition of "racism" the people who say that type of thing use.) So in a backhanded way, it's actually racist toward non-whites as well.

Any time I hear someone say "You can't be racist to white people" and say it with their whole chest to me just sounds like they're just trying to use systemic racism as a shield to be an asshole regardless of the situation.    Just because someone may or may not be in a more privileged position in life for whatever reason shouldn't give anyone carte blanche to be a dick especially if that individual hasn't done anything to you personally.  I'm not going to say that they shouldn't be fired cause if if the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn't be acceptable.  It's also just a really shitty world view that could very well prevent your project from being as great as it could be.  I advocate for diversity so what happens if you have this mentality that "you don't want to work with white people cause I perceive that every one of them  is going be handing out microagressions" and you don't have anyone on your team that can't do a specific part of the job well...but "Mike" the white guy who actually has the skills to do what you need is going to just get passed over on.  And you're just assuming that "Mike" is gonna be asshole but you don't know shit about him, you won't even give him the time of day.   Like this type of stuff ends up dragging us backwards instead of having us all work together to actually put the fringe people back under bridge where they belong.

BG3 Misadventures of Warlock Alastor...

...so I found some injured dwarf woman there in the Underdark around some weird fungus people... I needed the magical boots she had on; I "accidentally" killed her trying to get those boots but was able to smooth that over with my superior "persuasion" skill like "oh, a dreadful mistake there, sorry blahblah..." haha and those fools bought it and just like that I got a pass on the faux pas there.  I still had to drink an invisibility potion to successfully steal the boots though.

On another note---with an earlier character when I got to the Underdark, I didn't even know you could speak with the Myconids (the odd fungus people)...I just saw them as enemy creatures and instantly went into attack mode.

I can't tell if this guy is being serious or not...which is always the problem.

Spoiler

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I mean...he has to be trolling....right?

Edit:...no...no he's being serious.  I had to look at some of his other posts until I had a large enough sample size.  The one about Tomb Raider 2013 was enough.

Edited by Sonichuman
9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

VGM Fridays.

Regular music on games edition

Burnout Revenge was one of my all time favorite games on Xbox 360.  The sound track for it was incredible as well.

This is probably my favorite track in that game.

Just met Cid in ReBirth. He’s every bit of what I heard in my head as a teenager and more. They cement his (traditional?) personal immediately too. 

Yuffie: Wow! We’re Flying! 
Cid : No shit, Kid. You hired a pilot. 

Barrett: how do you fly out here and not worry about shinra shooting down your plane? 
Cid:  I dare those sons of bitches to even try. Even if they wanted to they couldn’t catch me. 
barrett: you and I are gunna get along great. 

For what I have been hearing, the Rollback was entirely made by Namco, since they have taken  over the game for quite a while, due their relationship with ASW souring due namco trying to lowball budgets and trying to make DBFZ something into what has happened with Xenoverse 2 and Kakarot, where they keep shurning DLC for those games at low cost.

So if true (the part of ASW and Namco having a soured working relationship, the thing of Namco being the ones working on the rollback is confirmed by now), then we can kiss good bye having more animes having the DBFZ treatment 😕