Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

How are these so called talented busienss men making these clearly dumb decisions?

Because they aren't talented. They aren't smart. They didn't earn their positions. It's all nepotism. They all got their jobs because they know someone. Not because they where any good at doing the job. 

And it goes all the way to the top, Bill Gates was able to get eyes on his product when he first started because his mom was on the board of directors for IBM. 

It's all Nepotism all the way down, like turtles but more depressing. 

Edited by RSG3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Man, just minutes into the video and I know the whole video is full of dumb shit not worth paying attention.

Edit

Isn't this the same stupid shmuck complaining about playing as a nazi character on a WWII game on the multiplayer component of COD?

🤣

Edited by Hecatom
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Man, just minutes into the video and I know the whole video is full of dumb shit not worth paying attention.

I haven't played so I dunno on the gameplay front for the whole thing but I watched the story and it's pretty mid to bad and I can't say I ever thought Eve was all that good a ccharacter.i think he's pretty spot on as far as writing and character goes it's pretty cliche and shallow. She's got a lot of cool outfits tho. 

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I haven't played so I dunno on the gameplay front for the whole thing but I watched the story and it's pretty mid to bad and I can't say I ever thought Eve was all that good a ccharacter.i think he's pretty spot on as far as writing and character goes it's pretty cliche and shallow. She's got a lot of cool outfits tho. 

A lot of the shit he said on the video is addressed in the story, so is clear he either didn't play it, didn't pay attention or is just ignoring it for the sake of present his argument 🤷‍♂️

Which wouldn't be the first time, going by his previous videos on the other channel.

Posted (edited)

I mean its a comedy show more then an legit review show, taking him this seriously is pretty funny. Getting under your skin this bad is like half the point lol. Literally why the shows framed as a Gish Gallop. 

Edited by RSG3
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I mean its a comedy show more then an legit review show, taking him this seriously is pretty funny. Getting under your skin this bad is like half the point lol. Literally why the shows framed as a Gish Gallop. 

The thing is that I have seen his "serious" takes already in the past, and are usually very terrible, and without knowing this is supposed to be "comedy" then is hard to gauge 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Hecatom
26 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Edit

Isn't this the same stupid shmuck complaining about playing as a nazi character on a WWII game on the multiplayer component of COD?

🤣

I'll have to check this out when I get home. I'm curious. Parody/humor reviews are funny, at least to me, when they draw from the truth. It's what made Honest Trailers such a hit. Stellar Blade's story is run of the mill and there can be easy jokes made at it's expense. I mean the protagonist is named Eve and the main male supporting character is named Adam.  That said, it sort of goes sideways if he's making things up. I mean if I were doing a parody/humorous review of the OG FFVII, I could call Cloud a lying, woman beating, emo, identity thief for laughs. It's not the full context of his situation, but yet not wholly inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

The thing is that I have seen his "serious" takes already in the past, and are usually very terrible, and without knowing this is supposed to be "comedy" then is hard to gauge 🤷‍♂️

If you say so. It's probably less his takes are terrible and more he has different taste then you do. 

That's probably way more likely lol. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Sorry for the double post but never figured out to put a quote into an edited post. 

Anyway

Not that i can find. Just some sperg on Reddit pissed off he read a book by a Nazi I guess, I can't confirm I've never heard of the guy or the book and I don't care enough to find out. 

You'll have to find the dirt on that one yourself, 10 minutes was all I was willing to dedicate to it. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

If you say so. It's probably less his takes are terrible and more he has different taste then you do. 

That's probably way more likely lol. 

Nah.
I remember that a lot of his takes were just headache inducing, that made me just stop following the og channel he left recently.

And is not like I agreed with all the takes of the channel before him to begin with.

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Sorry for the double post but never figured out to put a quote into an edited post. 

Anyway

Not that i can find. Just some sperg on Reddit pissed off he read a book by a Nazi I guess, I can't confirm I've never heard of the guy or the book and I don't care enough to find out. 

You'll have to find the dirt on that one yourself, 10 minutes was all I was willing to dedicate to it. 

I remember it was an old video, but how back ago it was, I don't remember.
I wouldn't be able to search for it until later today, when I am back from the office.
(Although, is my mothers birthday, so who knows how busy I will be during the night 😅)

Posted (edited)

Hades -  I finally beat the Hydra recently so I've been able to get to the 3rd area now.... 

I am still not sure why people downplay the spear; every time I play with that weapon the difference is almost night and day.... my attacks are generally "safe" because of the superior reach, it's fast, and it has that charge-up move that hits all around you....though I don't use that often; just the regular and special attack (the throw) are all you need.

It's been like playing for the first time, really... I had the game on Switch but it has been forever since I played that version.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

He was a retainer and that counted as being a samurai. 

That's still debatable as there's various articles and discussions. I'm merely placing info so peeps can take It How they will. I don't play AC so I don't have a real dog in this fight. 

Did they ever make an Aztec themed AC where you can take out Spanish conquistadors? 

17 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Because they aren't talented. They aren't smart. They didn't earn their positions. It's all nepotism. They all got their jobs because they know someone. Not because they where any good at doing the job. 

And it goes all the way to the top, Bill Gates was able to get eyes on his product when he first started because his mom was on the board of directors for IBM. 

It's all Nepotism all the way down, like turtles but more depressing. 

I agree, that is most business CEOs, They ether got their jobs/wealth because of mommy and daddy and they knew someone or more importantly someone knew them and prop them up to their status.

I think the funniest thing about this AC Yasuke controversy AKA racism is that the other female main character in the new game IS Japanese. But bigots probably don't count women so they are completely bypassing her inclusion and dont see how stupid they look debating a moot point in a futile attempt to hide their insecurity 😂

And for practical reasons, Ubisoft picking Yasuke helps them stand out from the all the other feudal Japan games. We already see the interest its generating even if its mostly negative. You ask me, Ubisoft handled this all amazingly well (game will probably be doo doo tho with their recent track record)

15 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't think anybody looks to Samurai Warriors from Koei for historically accurate figures.

In a game where one person can juggle 100 people in the air and toss them a mile in different directions...I'd hope not lol.  That being said Dynasty and Samurai Warriors do use actual historical people from those time periods that they're taking extreme hyperbolic liberties with.  I just found it interesting that they even went as far to include him when I legit didn't know.

Yasuke wasn't a samurai.  Dude was as servant boy.  His only title - "page" or something.  That's a servant boy.  He was as servant before he got to japan as well.  That leader dude was interested in him because he was different...like a neat pet.  Other than being a page he held no title of note and I think he got into one fight and lost.

As for him being a bad ass samurai and one of the main characters in ass creed?  I dont give a shit.  They've never really been all that historically accurate.  If the game is fun I dont give a shit.

I am completely unbothered by how anyone beats or completes a soulsborne game within the confines of the game rules itself.  Yeah game is supposed to be hard and challenging and make people regret life decisions but if the game is giving you the tools to beat the game, I can't be mad when someone beats the game using said tools.  It's not a cheat, its not a mod,  let dude have his fun.

RSG mentioning aliens and seeing other people mentioning aliens is reminding me how far removed I am from the "real world" storyline of AC in the modern day.  Kinda curious if the aliens have anything to do with Abstergo or they just suddenly introduced them.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Because none of us were there so that's why it's debatable? Same as Jesus christ ans whether or not he truly existed. Look if this appearance of Yasuke makes you happy, good for you. I'm not going to tell anyone how to spend their money jiat laying out there what's been said. 

15 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Because none of us were there so that's why it's debatable? Same as Jesus christ ans whether or not he truly existed. Look if this appearance of Yasuke makes you happy, good for you. I'm not going to tell anyone how to spend their money jiat laying out there what's been said. 

What I see is people can't play the historical accuracy card so they've resorted to splitting hairs of the man's position to invalidate what he was. They need to eat a dick

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

What I see is people can't play the historical accuracy card so they've resorted to splitting hairs of the man's position to invalidate what he was. They need to eat a dick

Apparently people are being petty enough to delete wiki entries about him which is wild AF behavior but unfortunately not surprising.

Like if you literally look up Yasuke on wikipedia and click on view history you can see the insane amount of changes the page has gone through since yesterday.   This is not healthy behavior.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't think anybody looks to Samurai Warriors from Koei for historically accurate figures.

Regardless the characters in those games where real people who did real things. 

When it comes to AC no one's looking at the game series about Promethean Aliens for historical accuracy either. Leonardo DaVinci never ever met an Ezio Auditore from an old Assassin Guild lol. 

Edited by RSG3
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

This game is on sale on the PSN, and it looks interesting.
I think I will buy it

It's very good for what it is, a really solid AA adventure game. I bought it last year and was pleasantly surprised by its quality. 

It's deffinitly AA tho, that's not a crtisism, just an expectation setter. 

Edit:And Yasuke was a Retainer, not a Page. 

Edited by RSG3
10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's very good for what it is, a really solid AA adventure game. I bought it last year and was pleasantly surprised by its quality. 

It's deffinitly AA tho, that's not a crtisism, just an expectation setter. 

Edit:And Yasuke was a Retainer, not a Page. 

The deluxe edition is at 17 bucks, so I think I will buy it when I get home.
The only problem is that now I have Stellar Blade, Dragon's Dogma 2, Granblue Fantasy Relink, Hi Fi Rush and this one to play.

All while playing FFXVI (Again) and FFVII

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Just like when an argument doesn't go your way, you and others just resort to insults. Call it what you want but agree to disagree is what I'll leave it at 🙃 

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I'm pretty sure Christ existed, but I don't think he knew magic.  He was convenient way for the Roman Empire to transition from polytheism.

Until we invent time machines to see for ourselves, we'll never know so believe what you want. 🙃

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The deluxe edition is at 17 bucks, so I think I will buy it when I get home.
The only problem is that now I have Stellar Blade, Dragon's Dogma 2, Granblue Fantasy Relink, Hi Fi Rush and this one to play.

All while playing FFXVI (Again) and FFVII

All versions of Asterigos are the Deluxe/Special edition. It was a free upgrade for all users on the games first anniversary. You get all additions for free 👍

Edit: Yea I'll believe well documented and recorded history over Twitter posts, thanks. 

Edited by RSG3
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

All versions of Asterigos are the Deluxe/Special edition. It was a free upgrade for all users on the games first anniversary. You get all additions for free 👍

Edit: Yea I'll believe well documented and recorded history over Twitter posts, thanks. 

For what I read on the PSN, the Deluxe edition adds an area, 7 bosses and an armor set.
Gonna check more in depth to see what are the differences then with the anniversary edition, beside 2 dollars on the price tag 🤣

13 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Until we invent time machines to see for ourselves, we'll never know so believe what you want. 🙃

This is such an ignorant thing to say.  Jesus of Nazareth is a historical figure who lived in Palestine.  This is settled scholarship. He was baptized under John the Baptist and Crucified under Pontius Pilate. There is historical record of this.

The validity of the mythology of him being a messiah and the son of God is open to interpretation and really comes down to faith, and has no place in whether he was a real person or not.

But to write off his existence because we don't have a time machine is lazy and weak.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

For what I read on the PSN, the Deluxe edition adds an area, 7 bosses and an armor set.

Yea thats all the free stuff they gave us on the 1st anniversary for the game. Some of that content like a few of the armors are NG+ only. I had to learn that the hard way. Same for the new bosses content. You'll find shrines all over that you should obviously be able to interact with but can't. They don't unlock till NG+. 

A lot of this content was designed specifically to reward early adopters who had already completed the game. 

Edit: Saying you have to have a Time Machine to truly understand history to an Archeologist is rather funny lol. 

Edited by RSG3