Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

57 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

They're all lazy slacktivists arguing on Twitter like that will ever accomplish anything. They argue on Twitter and act like they did something. 

I honestly didn't find that guy's article to be all that unreasonable considering it's an IGN article.

The one thing I didn't know was that the Katana Zero protagonist is Asian (I don't think we ever find that out for sure or not) considering that game is set somewhere in the Middle East.

12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I honestly didn't find that guy's article to be all that unreasonable considering it's an IGN article.

Oh I wasn't dunking on anyone specifically, just Twitter as a meaningful platform. I haven't read dudes article. 

13 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The one thing I didn't know was that the Katana Zero protagonist is Asian (I don't think we ever find that out for sure or not) considering that game is set somewhere in the Middle East.

That was honestly my assumption. 

I actually fully read that IGN article and actually fully understood his position and where he's coming from on it.  He might have been a bit presumptuous in feeling his words as if he was speaking for everyone but I got his point and I think its fairly valid.  He pretty much wants the same thing I want in terms of representation and that is just people in non stereotypical roles...its one of the reasons I was hoping Forspoken to be good before it fell on its face.  I feel like Andy just saw "we don't need another asian male samurai" and threw the entire article out without looking at the grand scope of what he was saying. 

Posted (edited)

yeah I saw how bad the SNES version of Pit Fighter was at the time back then, and dodged that bullet; I had the Genesis version.... Ty was my usual favorite character of the 3.  Looking back, that game was hilarious for so many reasons; even back then some friends and I were laughing at that game and had certain running jokes about it.  Quite a shame the sequel got canceled there.  ha, remember the last boss of the game looked like one of those guys from the tag team "Demolition", and there was a woman that looked like "Scary Sherry", also from the old days of WWE (WWF at the time)....also that skinny dude in the army fatigue pants would spit on you when you were knocked down.  That game was hilarious, man.

oh yeah I've lost all hope of Powerstone ever being re-released at this point.  It's down there in the ranks with Viewtiful Joe and Rival Schools... old IPs that Capcom apparently doesn't give a shit about anymore.

edit---if they made this statue something you could get as part of a Collector's Edition for Space Marine 2 then hell yeah I'd get it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7EuEIxhyl0/ 😳

Edited by MillionX

Gravity Circuit recently received a major update that added master levels, tougher enemies (as in increased aggressiveness, more attacks, not just the usual increased HP/damage), and a bunch of other toggles. Fired it up tonight in hard mode with both master levels and tougher enemies, and quickly realized that it was going to be way too tough with the new modifiers (got spanked hard on the intro level after repeated attempts). Went back down to normal with those toggles and it's still pretty damn tough. An excellent addition to add more meat to an already great game. 

...If you like mega man/MMX/MMZ games and haven't grabbed this one yet, you really need to.

On 5/18/2024 at 4:38 PM, Hecatom said:

I would love to have both Power Stones +  Project Justice and Technomancer on a nice 3d collection
Or a Powerstone collection that also has the anime.

One of the higher ups basically said they'd never be able to port or make a sequel to Tech Romancer today because of all the possible IP lawsuits they'd be hit with. So unless you got it for the Dreamcast (lucky me), you were SoL.

Posted (edited)

really wish that were made like a "normal" game in the good ol' days where everything was offline-compatible by default, and you only needed to go online for online-multiplayer. (and thus...you actually had a copy of the game "for real".....it wouldn't just effectively be a longer *rental* that can and will be taken from you at some point for a variety of reasons beyond your control)  It's quite a shame because it looks like something I would enjoy having in my game collection, playing for years.

Edited by MillionX
Posted (edited)

Curious to see if Multiversus is able to get its momentum back and keep it this time.

Edit:

@MillionX Multiversus can be played offline IIRC but I think that's purely for local comp.  With the way this game is designed they unfortunately had to go the mostly online F2P route.  I don't think this game even has anything in the way of real single player offline modes IIRC.

Edited by Sonichuman

vids

Spoiler

Hellblade II: Senua's Saga - Official Launch Trailer ^

Diesel Legacy - Ruby Combo Hype Trailer

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - Boss Attack Update Trailer

XDefiant - Preseason Battle Pass Trailer

Minecraft - Free 15 Year Anniversary Map

WoW Cataclysm Classic - Launch Trailer

extra

Saw this yesterday and thought it was cool....I"m sure the ninjas are watching^

Sakurai cut surround sound out of game just to make sure the game loaded faster.