Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Oh yeah, the scumbag tactics started early in the gaming industry; the first thing I noticed that stood out in a bad way was the "Play Choice 10" machine, which was a Nintendo thing....an arcade cabinet that had 10 games.  The thing though----there was a timer set at "300".  This ticked down no matter what was going on, starting from when you put a quarter in.  Once the timer hit 000, you had to put another quarter in the machine to continue....didn't matter what was going on in the game you were playing...the game would freeze until you put more money in.

...just watch; I wouldn't put it past any of the companies of today to try that idea again some day.  haha someone's going to resurrect that concept, where a game just locked up entirely until you spend more money.

For anyone that missed out---Double Dragon 3 on NES was pretty lame, sadly.  It had some interesting ideas but overall it was a letdown; Double Dragon 2 was the better, more fun game.

13 hours ago, iStu X said:

Wait until Pokémon fans find out that every Pokemon is based off something whether it plant, animal, object or mystical/religious origin. 

What are you talking about? Red Dragon is so original. Fluffy puppy is also super original, and no one's ever made a Sheep before!!!

27 minutes ago, MillionX said:

For anyone that missed out---Double Dragon 3 on NES was pretty lame, sadly.  It had some interesting ideas but overall it was a letdown; Double Dragon 2 was the better, more fun game.

DD 3 was inferior to DD 2 when it came to the NES versions but I wouldn't exactly call it "lame". Hell I even beat 3 before I beat 2 LOL. Chin was such a beast in that game but Ranzou (the ninja) totally sucked

15 hours ago, Camacho said:

Did you play Fight N Rage? I think it's the peak of the genre, it's very well tuned with so much depth to the combat.  Difficulty is well balanced also, challenging but fair. Only baffling design choice was making you unlock the training mode- it unlocks easily, but I suspect a lot of people missed a lot of the depth by playing through it a single time using the old school approach. Training mode really gives you a taste of what the characters have to offer if you dig a little deeper. 

My brother told me it was pretty good, but I never played it. Maybe I'll cop it when it goes on sale.

I got the Takeover which had a great visual style, but the combat is like Double Dragon 1, just very basic and not enough to keep me engaged for as long as that game is.

14 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Man, I enjoyed Double Dragon 2, didn't play DD3 a lot but there was something about it I didn't like back then. I'll have to give it another try.

I only played 3 a couple times because of the one life and you're done thing. It's like a rogue like in a sense lol

Fight N Rage (and the whole genre, imo) is perfect for a portable system; I played a lot of it on Switch.  Aside from all the other unlockable characters being limited to vs. mode... my only other complaint was a certain area where you are on a raft which drastically cuts down your options of how to move around and fight/survive things.

Palworld Devs Aren’t Worried About A Nintendo Lawsuit

Pocketpair CEO said the company has ‘absolutely no intention of infringing’ upon the Pokémon copyright

Pocketpair isn’t concerned with the similarities, though. Speaking to Japanese gaming news outlet Automation, company CEO and lead developer Takuro Mizobe said that Palworld has passed all the necessary legal hurdles to clear it of copyright infringement. He also noted that there haven’t been any legal actions taken against Pocketpair for its overt comparisons to Pokémon—at least not yet, anyway.

“We make our games very seriously,” Mizobe said. “And we have absolutely no intention of infringing upon the intellectual property of other companies.”

In a separate Automation interview, Mizobe said that Palworld takes a lot of inspiration from Pokémon, as it was a “great predecessor” to both Pocketpair’s latest game and the creature-collecting genre as a whole. However, he explained that Palworld is less like Nintendo’s iconic IP and more like Studio Wildcard’s action-adventure survival crafting game Ark: Survival Evolved.

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Hell, even if you are on the payroll, stanning for a company is just ugh 😂😂

Yeah but at least they'd have the excuse of it being their job. Most people are putting in what would be considerable overtime....if they were on the payroll. When they could be taking care of more important things....

Wife: "Honey my water broke!"

Husband: "Hold on I have to reply to this Nintendrone/Sony Pony/Xbot that dared to do disparage Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony."

Wife: "This our first born child!"

Husband: "Okay lets go...wait they just replied. I'll call you an Uber."

Wife: 🤬

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

Fight N Rage (and the whole genre, imo) is perfect for a portable system; I played a lot of it on Switch.  Aside from all the other unlockable characters being limited to vs. mode... my only other complaint was a certain area where you are on a raft which drastically cuts down your options of how to move around and fight/survive things.

I always take alternate paths to avoid that stage. Highly recommend doing the same on future playthroughs.

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

My brother told me it was pretty good, but I never played it. Maybe I'll cop it when it goes on sale.

I got the Takeover which had a great visual style, but the combat is like Double Dragon 1, just very basic and not enough to keep me engaged for as long as that game is.

I only played 3 a couple times because of the one life and you're done thing. It's like a rogue like in a sense lol

I regularly see it on sale on GOG and Steam (often for like $5)- don't know how often it's on sale on consoles. It should run on pretty much any relatively modern PC.

EDIT: $4 on GOG right now, grab that shit: https://www.gog.com/en/game/fightn_rage

I didn't like the Takeover, felt super bland to me. 

Edited by Camacho

vids

Spoiler

^there's been some discourse about this game lately because they're putting new game plus behind a dlc paywall

I still need buy this game at some point.

RoboCop: Rogue City - New Game+ Update

Damn that's crazy...RoboCop giving away New Game+ with an update lol

Persona 3 Reload - Seal Your Fate Live Action Trailer

Fae Farm - Demo Trailer

Penny's Big Breakaway OST- Scales of Justice

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League - Suicide Squad INsider Ep 3 Introducing Elsewworlds

Guess who's baaaaaaaack????!!!  And no...it's not the same one

Penny's Big Breakaway OST - Maxims and Misfits

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth - Opening Movie

Avowed Extended Gameplay Breakdown with Obsidian

Reveil - Release Date Reveal

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Nintendo DMCAs Palworld Mod That Makes Everything Pokémon

The creators are not releasing the mod ‘for the time being’

I have no sympathy for these people. How many times does Nintendo have to clap people before they learn? They sued ROM site. They got that one dude basically paying them the rest of his life. Nintendo and Take Two won't hesitate to let you find out if you fuck around with them.

Interesting; I noticed "Niklaus" (Joseph Morgan) from Vampire Diaries in that Halo season 2 trailer... also it looked like it features more action this time; too bad it *probably* sucks overall though... Chief may have his helmet and armor on for 2 or 3 scenes.  Also, I haven't really cared that much for Halo as a franchise in a while anyway.

Edited by MillionX