Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Everyone out here complaining about Crusader/Swift Master and this character getting away with murder.  

Shift Master is terrible. His attacks has a lot of wind up, has to do a lot shimmies to get things going. I never felt theaten by the guy.

52 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

According to comments, this is a true blockstring

He blocked when had zero meter. He has no chance.

Edited by Hawkingbird
13 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Sarcasm?  It's early but he seems really strong.  Have you seen GO1's Swift Master?  

I haven't seen GO1 shift master. The character isn't impressive from what I've seen of him. Trouble shooter, striker, and beserker are bigger problems

15 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Sarcasm?  It's early but he seems really strong.  Have you seen GO1's Swift Master?  

I can show you another character from another ASW game who seems really strong, even has a ridicoulis gimmick in generating basically full meter with every interaction.
Yet despite being basically always full on meter and the ability to dump it to no end, he is bottom 1.

It's super early in a game where not everything is black and white, gotta take more time.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I can show you another character from another ASW game who seems really strong, even has a ridicoulis gimmick in generating basically full meter with every interaction.
Yet despite being basically always full on meter and the ability to dump it to no end, he is bottom 1.

It's super early in a game where not everything is black and white, gotta take more time.

Agree it's super early and that's just a prediction.  The only character I can see for sure as being good is Striker.  There's no way a character with all those tools can ever be considered bad.  

Jesus fucking Christ how is it the year 2022 and we are still getting fighters with these lackluster training mode options . Arc Sys literally has a template for a great training mode in Strive. 

Don’t see anything listing frame data either 

Edited by Vhozite

Played DNF Duel for a bit over 2 hours and got a refund. It’s not terrible or anything but I just really find the game unexciting to watch and play. Been typing for almost an hour and I still can’t quite articulate or put my finger on what I don’t like about the game.  

The small amount of normals is definitely a big a part of it but not the entire issue. Something about the gameplay just evokes zero emotion from me 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Edited by Vhozite
4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Played DNF Duel for a bit over 2 hours and got a refund. It’s not terrible or anything but I just really find the game unexciting to watch and play. Been typing for almost an hour and I still can’t quite articulate or put my finger on what I don’t like about the game.  

The small amount of normals is definitely a big a part of it but not the entire issue. Something about the gameplay just evokes zero emotion from me 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

I just treat the button layout like it's BB.

With the MP Skills being the Drive Button

For that alone I enjoy the game.

7 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Agree it's super early and that's just a prediction.  The only character I can see for sure as being good is Striker.  There's no way a character with all those tools can ever be considered bad.  

You would be surprised.

It isn't really about the quantity of the tools, but the quality.

So far Striker looks super strong, at the other hand people constantly burn all their meter and have nothing left, when they are on the defence.

5 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Fighting games are kinda weird that way.  You can almost instantly tell if you're going to like the game or not and sometimes it's hard to put a finger on the exact reasons.  Either it feels good or it doesn't.     I had the opposite reaction with DNF -  the game instantly felt fun for me.  I had the same feeling when I first played Granblue.  And on the other hand, Strive always felt like a chore to play.

8 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

For a moment I thought you were talking about Elizabeth on P4AU.

2 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Fighting games are kinda weird that way.  You can almost instantly tell if you're going to like the game or not and sometimes it's hard to put a finger on the exact reasons.  Either it feels good or it doesn't.     I had the opposite reaction with DNF -  the game instantly felt fun for me.  I had the same feeling when I first played Granblue.  And on the other hand, Strive always felt like a chore to play.

In all my life, I think the only games I disliked playing from the go have been MVC2 and MVCI

With SFxT being a disappointment, but that game launched terribly, so it didn't have much chance.

Besides them, I have always found enough stuff that makes me enjoy every fg I have played.

It helps that I have a cousin and friends that like to play random fgs to have dumb fun while trying to figure what are we doing.

Also there is the special case of 3s, which is the only game that I became really turned off the better I got.

It didn't help that CVS2 was around at the time, so 3s was mostly an afterthought on my community because of it.

The 2 big capcom games at the time were mvc2 and cvs2.

Even Garou was more played at the time, lol.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

For a moment I thought you were talking about Elizabeth on P4AU.

The difference between Terumeme and Liz is pretty big.
When Liz is in awakening she is so fucking scary, that any stray hit kills you.

Terumeme lands an 8k Combo and still loses the match, as the character has nothing but bad tools and most of them cost meter on top of that.

3s was my scene's best game.

cvs2 was the one they played the most.

mvc2 was the one they had potential in but got washed by randoms. (Meanwhile they would show up for team tournaments and almost beat Empire Arcadia a few times.)

There was a belief that if you weren't playing Capcom fighting games, you weren't really playing with the "strongest gamers" and wasting your time as a competitor. Obviously this wasn't true, but a funny thing to look back on.

Melty Blood was on a laptop at the bottom of the stairwell consistently tho 😃

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

The difference between Terumeme and Liz is pretty big.
When Liz is in awakening she is so fucking scary, that any stray hit kills you.

Terumeme lands an 8k Combo and still loses the match, as the character has nothing but bad tools and most of them cost meter on top of that.

Everything in Terumi's kit costs meter because everything he does is hella disrespectful and fun to do.

I'm going to lose anyway, lemme land three supers in a single combo and stomp the shit outta you. 🤣

4 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Playing it actually made me want to hop on Strive, but I ended up gaming with friends. 

Its funny you bring up Granblue. I never played or bought that game because what I saw of it gave me the same exact lack of feeling I got from playing DNF Duel. 

Kinda bummed because I planned on spending my weekend on this game and now I gotta make new plans lol. 

I'm giving up launcher as a secondary. She's not turning out the way I hoped. I wanted to annoy people with projectiles but she isn't built for that. Trouble Shooter can zone better with his grenade and shotgun. I'll give ranger a shot to see he can provide what I'm looking for.

15 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I just treat the button layout like it's BB.

With the MP Skills being the Drive Button

For that alone I enjoy the game.

This is actually my favorite thing about the game. Blazblue has always been my favorite button layout for a fighter. Injustice 2 and I think Power Rangers BftG have a similar setup.