Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

We already have JP's EX counter and Blanka Ball.

Matter of fact, this game is full of moves that are just absolute dumb shit to deal with in uninteresting ways. I'm curious to see how SF6 goes because at this point the way Cammy's divekick got nerf makes little sense compared to other shit people are throwing out there. If its gonna be THAT kind of game, then give everybody THAT type of nonsense.

I still don't get how Rashid gets a reversal but Kimberly gets hosed.

Alright, so I've really been considering whether to get at least one of the Turtles' costumes. They're among my favorite IPs and I love the style they have in the game. The way I see it is, there are tons of others who have the costumes and I'll see them in the Battle Hub, besides I can't justify spending even $10 each. So to sum up everything here's my response to getting the content:

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

I still don't get how Rashid gets a reversal but Kimberly gets hosed.

Imo neither of these characters needs a DP. Not only are these two of the most mobile characters in the game, but they are also the primary culprits of “I’m putting this item/attack on the screen to make you hold this offense. Blanka belongs here too tbh.

In fact I think the distribution of reversals in this game is completely fucked and one of the biggest dividers between the have’s and have not’s. Like why do Ken and Luke, two of the most well rounded functions in the game, have DP’s AND the best level 1’s in the game? To me that should be and either/or situation. Meanwhile Gief has no DP, which is fine, but then no reversal level 1 and also a garbage tier level 2? C’mon now. JP gets a fully invincible counter that also grants full combo on hit and usually ends with the other guy full screen to deal with his zoning like???

Having a DP in this game is insanely strong you straight don’t have to deal with certain mixups. Yet the characters that have them are also the ones with the most sauce and the best supers make it make sense 😂

Edited by Vhozite

I think they should've just given Gief back his Banishing Flats. I could kinda see why they didn't bring it back in SFV because they wanted Gief to use armor from VS1 to get in but at this point I'm 100% positive it wouldn't break him, especially since they're so comfortable giving everyone else a lot of fun tools to play with.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Gamers8 stuff starting soon.

https://www.twitch.tv/gamers8gg

Man after the "Rage Against The Machine is white people music" stuff, I can't take RobTV seriously as a person. Dude handled all of that like high level clown.

Is Rage not white people music? I’ve never listened to them or heard their music so I have no idea. But from the name it sounds very white

26 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Is Rage not white people music? I’ve never listened to them or heard their music so I have no idea. But from the name it sounds very white

It is “white people music”, the issue some people had is that the guitarist is black, and singer/rapper is Latino.

They also do a lot of hip-hop influenced music, with the rapper being a great lyricist (and nothing comparable to Limp Bizkit or shit like that, actually really good music).

A lot of their music is about equal rights (especially praising pro-black movements, criticizing police, etc), but at the end of the day, it is music typically listened to by white people

@Mattatsuis dead on. Also, we really never seemed to make progress on the music front. At least not in the US. It's always been 'segregated'. I have Bobby Caldwell on the brain, since he recently passed away, but his album cover deliberately hid he was white and his video for "What You Won't Do For Love" literally starts with him sitting shadow. Hell, I didn't even know he was white until he died. That type of stuff shouldn't matter when your music is straight fire but that's not reality unfortunately.

220px-Bobby_Caldwell_(album).jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I find the concept of white people music a bit hilarious as a European.

I also find RobTV insufferable.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents about the last few posts.

Being on the internet most of my life as been a blessing in this regard, it allowed me to see how being laser focused on race is largely a US thing. Not saying their aren't race issues elsewhere, but here the most minute of things are given a racial component. It's really damned annoying.

47 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Mattatsuis dead on. Also, we really never seemed to make progress on the music front. At least not in the US. It's always been 'segregated'. I have Bobby Caldwell on the brain, since he recently passed away, but his album cover deliberately hid he was white and his video for "What You Won't Do For Love" literally starts with him sitting shadow. Hell, I didn't even know he was white until he died. That type of stuff shouldn't matter when your music is straight fire but that's not reality unfortunately.

220px-Bobby_Caldwell_(album).jpg

Wtf this dude is white? 

Holy shit it’s true 😂

31 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Make music that's a hodge podge of different African American genres of music.

Get called white music.

Definitely a power to rival metal gear.

Its more than just that. In the US. They play your music on radio stations often by the way you look rather than what the genre is. I remember when Eminem hit the mainstream, I'd flip through the radio stations and here is stuff on pop and rock stations. Despite Nsync music being on pop stations, Justin Timberlake music was getting play on R&B stations. It's arbitrary as fuck. It's why people have the outlook that RobTV does, it's how music has been pushed here since before any of us was born. Hence the Bobby Caldwell example I brought up.

No, people have the outlook RobTV has because they get stuck in w/e goofy race shit the US has. US Blacks are way harder on each other about not being black enough on everything that they choose to miss out on things.

Suddenly they get surprised about bands like the Bad Brains or D.H. Peligro being in the Dead Kennedy's. You'd be hard pressed to find bands from the 60s, from the US to the British invasion, who weren't trying to sound like Blues and Jazz musicians that were all black.

At some point there's gonna be some random asshole talking about how they didn't know the lead singer of Sevendust was black. Is he doing white music or reclaiming rock for black people?

RobTV is an idiot because he could've jsut as easily apologized for sound like a numbnuts and instead made it out how he was happy and smiling on the video. Wanting to be famous is a hell of a drug. :coffee:

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

No, people have the outlook RobTV has because they get stuck in w/e goofy race shit the US has. US Blacks are way harder on each other about not being black enough on everything that they choose to miss out on things.

Suddenly they get surprised about bands like the Bad Brains or D.H. Peligro being in the Dead Kennedy's. You'd be hard pressed to find bands from the 60s, from the US to the British invasion, who weren't trying to sound like Blues and Jazz musicians that were all black.

At some point there's gonna be some random asshole talking about how they didn't know the lead singer of Sevendust was black. Is he doing white music or reclaiming rock for black people?

RobTV is an idiot because he could've jsut as easily apologized for sound like a numbnuts and instead made it out how he was happy and smiling on the video. Wanting to be famous is a hell of a drug. :coffee:

Okay, I get that you have a hate boner for RobTV. However the outlook on music he has is a US thing. Because we have to categorize everything by race in country. "Sounding white" and "sounding black" isn't just black thing. I know from personal experience on that front. Being the black kid that makes good grades and uses proper English gets you ostracized by everyone. It's the part of the reason I got into "geeky/nerdy" things. No one gave a damn what you looked like. They were just happy find someone else that was into what they were instead of giving them grief over it. AOL was a trip, everyone assumed I was white by the way I typed. 

Wait, gotta stay on topic. Hop on SF6 everyone 😉

5b16cdcfa8d1d97bf6ba7762ff086428.gif

this is why i am against fake leakers and those that defend it along those that downplay the effects in the community of their wrong doing.

It they push toxic entitled behavior because of misinformation and false expectation not base from real data and user feedback but expectation and being misinformed. I have seen a lot of that in fb groups

Believers assume developers are holding back and cancelling already made content thus rallying and demanding against devs for something that weren't there in the beginning or might have been in the drawing board in later seasons but never even started. It's frustrating for something good that never happened 

And it only ends up making dev feels being manipulated and pressured for something that might be on the table in the future but never yet done. And if people gets what it wants because of being rush or being dictated and manipulated by fake leakers while being pressured by rallying fooled gamers by the fake leakers. If fooled gamers gets what they demanded and the fake leaker's fake news/leaks it ill happen again thus a recurring problem.

It creates a terrible cycle that is unhealthy for the devs and designers while turning the fake leaker as someone fake to become credible and creates fake expectation on delivery a decent content, so the fooled ones repeat the process over and over because they get  what they were hype into falsely

SO the best case scenario to deal with fake leakers and the toxicity it creates,  Is avoid being predictable and obvious with planned dlc and projects, then avoid popular wishlist and speculation.  So the fake leakers are the reason why we cannot have things that we really need and want because people are rallying against dev for something that hasn't done yet

u7MOerW.png

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 8/9/2023 at 5:53 PM, Vhozite said:

n fact I think the distribution of reversals in this game is completely fucked and one of the biggest dividers between the have’s and have not’s. Like why do Ken and Luke, two of the most well rounded functions in the game, have DP’s AND the best level 1’s in the game? To me that should be and either/or situation. Meanwhile Gief has no DP, which is fine, but then no reversal level 1 and also a garbage tier level 2? C’mon now. JP gets a fully invincible counter that also grants full combo on hit and usually ends with the other guy full screen to deal with his zoning like???

Having a DP in this game is insanely strong you straight don’t have to deal with certain mixups

Idk I feel there almost aren't any DPs in this game at all.   If you want iframes you need meter, and even then most level ones do that job.  What is the point of a nonmetered DP in this game? You want a big damage aa you're better off with challenging with a rising normal that causes Float, and go into a combo. See Ryu j.MP

Having a DP in this game is extremely weak when the whole cast can Parry away any mixups.

17 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Idk I feel there almost aren't any DPs in this game at all.   If you want iframes you need meter, and even then most level ones do that job.  What is the point of a nonmetered DP in this game? You want a big damage aa you're better off with challenging with a rising normal that causes Float, and go into a combo. See Ryu j.MP

Having a DP in this game is extremely weak when the whole cast can Parry away any mixups.

To be clear I’m taking about metered reversals that use Drive Gauge when I say “DP”. 

Edited by Vhozite
48 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

It's clear they only want you to use a DP for anti-air.

I still sometimes steal hits with random light DP using Ryu in neutral though.

53 minutes ago, Volta said:

I played SF6 on a Series X today and I have to say that the d-pad on that controller is so much better than the immovable brick on that absolute piece of dogshit controller that is the Dualshock 4. Just so you know.

Shit I’d give just about anything to be able to use ds4 over the atrocity that is the ds5 . I’ve learned to tolerate it but it’s ass. Considered buying the victrix fight pad but 200$ for a pad is kind of nuts to me

Edited by Illwill88