Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

44 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Ah, the Rashid patch dropped?! Nice.

EDIT apparently if you buffer rush in a light, the rush still comes out after the light even on whiff. 

That's a relief. No stupid OS.

That's great to hear. I was worried about the game turning into buffered lights all day. Didn't want to go down that road.

Edited by HeavensCloud
30 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

That's great to hear. I was worried about the game turning into buffered lights all day. Didn't want to go down that road.

Yeah after some training room time, a jab follow by drush after one frame will just kara directly into parry.

After two frames tho, you're getting a light followed by a rush.

Although, the rush cancels almost all of your light's recovery frames.  It's a whiff cancel. There's still at least one recovery frame after the light is no longer active but lights have a surprising amount of whiff frames.

I grinded that new tournaments they added to World Tour Mode. I had forgotten what it was like to have a challenge for my avatar. The blew through the majority of it, but the last  few tournaments were actually challenging. There are 12  total and you get a key (4 bronze, 4 silver, and 4 gold) after completing each the unlocks a room with rewards. A few of the rooms have fake versions of Boxer, Claw, and Sagat in them as optional fights. Buff Alo was the Boxer one IIRC. Claw was named Claudio. Sagat was named Lane Sagat.

Cancelable Light Attacks 
• Adjustments have been made so that a Cancel Drive Rush can activate even when a light attack whiffs. 
• This is an adjustment being added in conjunction with the additional Cancel Drive Rush inputs. The relaxing of the Drive Rush inputs paired too well with low-risk light attacks, and would have had a huge impact on fights if left as is. This adjustment has been made to address that. 

So while I’m not a fan of Drive Rush being easier to do this paragraph here gives me hope that Capcom is fully aware of what they are doing in terms of balance. They explained the change and it reasoning makes sense.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

They've been pretty good about fixing glitches in this game, wonder how long until they get this:

Thank god we are taking anime stuff and putting it in SF. Not like any of it could have dumb consequences or anything. :coffee:

Nah it's ok guys, the internal balancing team is just way ahead of us.

I like Brian F but Rashid was announced ages ago and launched in the announced release window. The patch notes listed plenty of big fixes for the existing cast. And we all know that, for Capcom Cup, the preferred launch month for Street Fighter is February. Yet the game dropped in June. So they were clearly taking their time to release a polished product.

They either want 2 million dollar pots or not? I don't care what argument they want to make about competitive integrity or w/e other horse shit they think they got going on. Funny enough, a lot of them are acting like NBA and WNBA players that don't understand what the situation actually is. All sports leagues are in the entertainment business. Whatever other horseshit you feel has going on is a concern but not as much as viewers hating what they are looking at.

Similarly at this point Capcom is spending 2 million dollars they could've used for additional advertisement. No way they were gonna let a big viewership event go on without some additional ads for it. Rashid is legal to boost sales. Either accept it or tell Capcom to keep their money.

:coffee:

Played Rashid tonight against some friends. Definitely still a dumb character. qcb LP xx qcb HK is a really hard to block high low not to mention that his st.mp and cr.mp are both very good buttons for covering areas in front of Rashid. (They are both also +1 on block.)

Rashid has to dash forward first before he can do his run in mid/low mixup. Might be a good note to take down when you inevitable have to fight him. Makes it way easier to defend against compared to Kim who can walk forward and backwards and then instantly go into run.

I am starting to notice though how hard it is to block on reaction. I'm kind of hoping they make that easier in the future especially with all the complaining about forward moving attacks in this game like Honda headbutt, Blanka ball, Rashid mixer, etc.

30 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I am starting to notice though how hard it is to block on reaction. I'm kind of hoping they make that easier in the future especially with all the complaining about forward moving attacks in this game like Honda headbutt, Blanka ball, Rashid mixer, etc.

I noticed and notice that every time I play against Jamie because his dash punch special seems bloody impossible to block on reaction even though it doesn't even look particularly fast.

You talking about Honda just reminded me of this. 

I really appreciate how I feel like I see different styles of play in 6 a lot more often than I did in 5. Like 99.9% of people who I fought in 5 were hyper aggressive and always trying to rush down. Of course most players are still like that in 6, but I feel like I’ve seen a larger number of more passive, lame players in 2 months of SF6 than I did in 6-7 years of SFV and it’s so refreshing. Some Honda or Guile players will get the life lead on me and make me chase them across the stage and I enjoy the dynamic a lot.

Unrelated by I’m heavily considering switching to Chun. I love Manon but I tried Chun and I had one of those “holy shit this character has everything…am I maining a bad character? 🤣” moments.

I’ll probably get Manon to master and by then we should be closer to AKI so I’ll decide who of the 3 I want to play. 

I finally got to Plat 3 with Lily but the grind is def getting harder. Being dog shit at fighting games is the worst. I'm too lazy to lab shit though. Literally just playing SFV in 6 and seeing how far I can get face rolling till I have to actually look up frame data. Game is actually fun to come back to. I just hop in rank and hope for the best. I love Lily so much bros. At some point I'll play Manon but right now I jut feel good with Lily and her tools. Plus condor spire is so dumb and it lets me control so much neutral. I hope I can grind to Plat 5 before the end of August. 

Edited by TWINBLADES

@VhoziteI dropped Manon for Dee Jay. She wasn't clicking with me. Never thought I'd play Dee Jay in SF ever. My clumsy ass is actually starting to get his level 2 down. I'm confident enough to go for the Strong version over the Jab now even though the timings tighter. I need to do more lab work, @purbeasthad combos didn't even know to practice. Dee Jay does things like to do. Jus Cool let's you bait people which, while not the same, scratches the same itch that counters did when I used with Kolin in SFV and Gouken in SFIV. None of the characters fills the role of Alex for me though.

Anyone in here know a place to get arcade stick enclosures?  Most of the ones I've seen are not taking orders right now because of the Evo rush.  And then I did find one guy Jonny Fraze, who makes some nice cases (new 4TW line) but it's a bit pricey and was just wondering if there was anything a bit cheaper than that.  I'm looking to make my own hitbox style controller to compliment my normal stick one.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honda Headbutt doesn't bother me. I have shit reactions but I parry it almost every time. Hell, I had one match where I kept Perfect Parrying it and the Honda player seemed completely lost. The Honda players I have the most problems with rarely headbutt.

The Honda matchup is probably my least favourite in SF6.  If the player can perfect parry it becomes a joke, but if he can' t - he gets mopped by headbutt and buttslam.  

The Blanka matchup is tougher but also more interesting for me since there's a lot more going on.  

24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@VhoziteI dropped Manon for Dee Jay. She wasn't clicking with me.l

Lol like 1/3rd of the Manon discord is just the Laura waiting room. Really seems like a lot of people are dropping her or (like me) are looking to switch in the future. 

I still like her but like I said coming from Ken or experimenting with Chun-Li it feels like a totally different game.

53 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Lol like 1/3rd of the Manon discord is just the Laura waiting room. Really seems like a lot of people are dropping her or (like me) are looking to switch in the future. 

I still like her but like I said coming from Ken or experimenting with Chun-Li it feels like a totally different game.

Well Nakayama likes Laura, so they may get their wish at some point.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I think Manon is the quintessential secondary character you pick depending on matchups and if you need a break, but there's just not enough there to sink your teeth into as a singular main character. Lily is the same, so maybe that's a grappler syndrome. Gief seems a bit more nuanced, ironically, but there's really no reason to play him over the other two.