Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

LMAO what is that gif from?

Fuck I’d pay too dollars for an EX boom that knocked down 

Street Fighter Resurrection. Capcom had the guys that made Assassin's Fist do it as a promotional video. It wasn't near as good as Assassin's Fist. I like it better when Joey Ansah and Christian Howard have control. Dude playing Nash was legit though.

@VhoziteThere are multiple parts....it really isn't that good though. I just like the guy playing Nash. Wish they could have gotten him for they conceptualized from the beginning. I'm not sure where the full thing is. Not sure it's worth tracking down to be honest. This guys channel has all four parts though. It's around a half hour or so for all four parts.

Edit: Ken and Ryu are the actors from Assassin's Fist. That guy playing Ken is fucking Ken. Even with a worst script, he's still Ken. Mike Moh played Ryu. He played Bruce Lee in the last Quentin Tarantino movie.

Edit 2: @FlyingVeToo late fam, tried to warn you via the gifs 🤣 I'll play few games. Got a bit of writes block.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@VhoziteThere are multiple parts....it really isn't that good though. I just like the guy playing Nash. Wish they could have gotten him for they conceptualized from the beginning. I'm not sure where the full thing is. Not sure it's worth tracking down to be honest. This guys channel has all four parts though. It's around a half hour or so for all four parts.

Edit: Ken and Ryu are the actors from Assassin's Fist. That guy playing Ken is fucking Ken. Even with a worst script, he's still Ken. Mike Moh played Ryu. He played Bruce Lee in the last Quentin Tarantino movie.

Edit 2: @FlyingVeToo late fam, tried to warn you via the gifs 🤣 I'll play few games. Got a bit of writes block.

@Vhozite is the invite lord

Thanks for the games. The good thing about these costume color missions is that gets you to play new characters. I think I may have picked up enough Karin to get these damned colors. She's actually fun to play. I have know idea what the point of her V-Skill 2 is though. I can see V-Trigger 2 having it's uses. V-Skill 2 just seems like a worse version of VS1. I think it's supposed to leave Karin plus and her foes standing when charged but it does seem very plus. Does it even stop fireballs?

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Thanks for the games. The good thing about these costume color missions is that gets you to play new characters. I think I may have picked up enough Karin to get these damned colors. She's actually fun to play. I have know idea what the point of her V-Skill 2 is though. I can see V-Trigger 2 having it's uses. V-Skill 2 just seems like a worse version of VS1. I think it's supposed to leave Karin plus and her foes standing when charged but it does seem very plus. Does it even stop fireballs?

Idk about fireballs, but it has a lot of active frames, and it’s plus on block

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah VS2 stops fireballs.  It's not her preferred Vskill but it's decent against Laura, Nash, Guile.  She actually gets more damage from juggles in the corner with it too.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

I really don’t know if I want to keep playing Nash. Just over half a dozen characters tonight and while I didn’t do great on everyone playing him was the only time I stopped having fun.

GG's @Vhozite @Darc_Requiem

I can't speak for fun, but I really don't do well in the Nash matchup. Whatever happened to Ibuki/Vega? (Note: I hate playing against Vega)

21 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

GG's @Vhozite @Darc_Requiem

I can't speak for fun, but I really don't do well in the Nash matchup. Whatever happened to Ibuki/Vega? (Note: I hate playing against Vega)

I got bored flowcharting with Ibuki. She’s really good but felt repetitive. Everything combos into Raida, and you run the same 50/50 after basically every combo. Abuse VS and f.hk until you get VT...spin the wheel. I like her but playing her it feels like the match plays out the same way every time, on top of the fact you barely have to pay attention to the opponent. Might just be burned out but idk.

I don’t and will never play Vega in SFV again under any circumstances. Playing him is straight masochism even when you win. I also dislike him for some of the same reasons I’m starting to not like Nash...you play great the whole round and lose to one mistake because you have no defense. He has an invincible CA and a real VR, so he’s already better off than Claw, but his dogshit mobility puts you in situations where you cannot get away from the other guy, or even just space yourself decently. 

At this point I enjoy other characters more. I think I had the most fun playing Cammy, Ken, and Ryu tonight. Ryu has the fun parry mini game and cool as shit VT fireballs even if they aren’t great. Ken has long, big damage combos and a cr.mk it’s fun to try an one-hit confirm. Cammy has amazing buttons, a very fun to use VT, and she can whiff punish anything from pretty far if you’re dialed it. 

All those things keep the game “fresh” during the match if you know what I mean. They also don’t auto lose to one knockdown. 

Edited by Vhozite
8 hours ago, FlyingVe said:

I haven't played this game in forever.

What the fuck are Sakura's normals.

st.LK

I've likewise always had trouble with a well played Nash. If I'm remembering right the few times Vhozite and I played with Nash in there I got Nash washed. I think its a general character match up problem but playing online you run into Nashes rarely now (or at least did when I was still at it) and a lot of them are gimmicky as fuck.

52 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

st.LK

I've likewise always had trouble with a well played Nash. If I'm remembering right the few times Vhozite and I played with Nash in there I got Nash washed. I think its a general character match up problem but playing online you run into Nashes rarely now (or at least did when I was still at it) and a lot of them are gimmicky as fuck.

Obviously this should be taken with a grain of salt coming from me, but lots of Nash’s are gimmicky bc a lot of the stuff he does is gimmicks. Not in that everything he does is fake, but some stuff is not as good as it looks and you can get far against people who don’t know or respect him too much. I can tell you right now I hit literally everyone I’ve fought here with fake dash in pressure that *looks* plus but is really minus. I’m not saying that to diss anyone either, it’s just certain things on Nash look like they need to be respected when it’s not always true. And since Nash is less common these days, it’s a lot easier to get by on people’s unfamiliarity. 

There is also a reason lots of Nash’s still backdash>medium scythe or open round start with medium scythe. That type of shit can get you farther than it should, then you fight someone better and you’re stuck flailing because you aren’t used to people responding to him appropriately.

Edited by Vhozite

Yeah I can definitely see that. Part of what helped my Nash salt, other than S2 *RIP*, was learning more about the char. 

Also when I say gimmicky I'm more talking about lower level Nash players, such that exist. At that level it is a lot of Moonsaults, "random" jumps, and dashes. Or maybe its just that way the whole way up, I dunno.

9 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't have the opportunity to officially dig deeper into the relationship between Guy and Maki, but Maki's inner feelings are like this.> RT

It's more "(Capcom) almost never dug officially into the relationship between Guy and Maki, but I'd like to think Maki's inner feelings are like this". Ryo_Redcyclone already wrote about how he'd like if Maki harbors a secret unrequited love for Guy, a thing she never spoke about to avoid hurting her sister. All based upon that image, as there's nothing official... like Ryo himself once again admits here. He's all too aware of the net's potential to "unofficially canonise" things that never were there to begin with. The theory that Zangief was actually an Intelligentsia member spawned from one of Ryo's articles, and now it has been canonised by DISNEY... Remember Zangief president of the book club in Ralph 2? Well, it all started from Ryo... Not that I'd protest that: I LIKE the idea of Zangief secretly being a badass bookworm.

Scrub rant of the day: I hate how little recovery normal throws have. Maybe it’s just me but it feels impossible to consistently punish a whiffed throw even when it’s right in front of you. Most of the animations are relatively subtle and by the time you notice they whiffed, the other guy can hits his button. I get CH and it drives me up the fucking wall. 

On paper it doesn’t look that bad. Data says they are 24f total (5 start up, 3 active, 17 recovery). Basically a fast medium button. But then in an actual match I  can almost never whiff punish it, especially looking out for all the other things that happen at that range. Maybe it’s online stuff, but idk

/end rant