Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

6 hours ago, Wellman said:

Damn episode 4 of WandaVision was great! All those threads and we are only half way through.

Ok, so this show is already proving to shape up to be something serious. No stone was left unturned. 

We're only four eps deep and I feel much more engaged than Disney's other tentpole project with two seasons. 

also, props to seeing a character "level up" 😂

Edited by OPTIMUS124

So the next event is gonna be Marvel Heroes Reborn. In a world where there are no Avengers, the Squadron Supreme stepped up.

140845066_10158910420702488_530753572392

141562653_10158910420742488_916224128683

142223123_2910193675910117_8753833165006

141385422_3712270062167842_2454938219825

144279051_255802155912969_30128571059524

Mephisto is there, so I take it he and Coulson did something to have changed history. Something they must have been planning in Avengers 010 (2019). Cool thing is we're gonna see more of that sweet Zarda.

18 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Back with Glob, who has the latest update on the #XMenVote.

I’d be down for Boom Boom since Armor is with SWORD. I haven’t read past what’s current in trades but Boom Boom’s plot thread is her having a hard time fitting in on Krakoa and being extremely restless whenever she’s on the island. 

She has a bunch of diary entries in the new mutants talking about how Jean is trying to mentor her and help her fit into Krakoa. 

Edited by iStu X

Fans going at it

23 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’d be down for Boom Boom since Armor is with SWORD. I haven’t read past what’s current in trades but Boom Boom’s plot thread is her having a hard time fitting in on Krakoa and being extremely restless whenever she’s on the island. 

She has a bunch of diary entries in the new mutants talking about how Jean is trying to mentor her and help her fit into Krakoa. 

From what I've read of Tabitha, she's too much of a lose canon who quickly loses interest in anything. X-Force seems like the best fit for her as she gets to blow shit up indiscriminately lol.

I must have missed those diaries entries about Jean. Sound interesting.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Exactly not to mention popularity contests are great for fans to interact. A perfect example just occurred with the Fire Emblem mobile game. Annual popularity contest to see who gets a fancy alternate out of all the characters. They threw in a fan favorite male NPC called the Gatekeeper this year from the most recent game and the fools (myself included when I saw how close he was) voted him the top male. 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, AriesWarlock said:

Of course. It's the X-Men we are talking about!

When I look at the character choices I can only imagine the hardcore X-fans giving a shit about them. I have to wonder why the fuck Polaris gotta fight for spot when her competition are characters like Marrow. Characters like her, Cannonball and Forge would get free passes.

Shitty retcon in Avengers

Spoiler

Thor's real mother is Gaea. But now it seems it's the Phoenix? "Prehistoric Avengers". I don't like these writers.

0Vh91a_48i-Z4QvAhIDAJnqxjWj7WpI9FlaQF7T9

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

When I look at the character choices I can only imagine the hardcore X-fans giving a shit about them. I have to wonder why the fuck Polaris gotta fight for spot when her competition are characters like Marrow. Characters like her, Cannonball and Forge would get free passes.

Because Marrow was the only one of the Morlocks to join the X-Men, so there's a lot of history there. And she was in Marvel VS. Capcom 2 😎

Fuck Cannonball and Sunspot, they were so happy to ditch the X-men to go be Avengers.

Armor is Wolverine's third "daughter"  (Kitty's the first, Jubilee's the second), so yeah. And they have been propping her up putting her center roles.

I'd fine with Polaris going to the X-men and Banshee going to X-factor.

Edited by AriesWarlock

@Hawkingbird

Spoiler

My neighbors probably think I'm insane. I literally said. "No. NO! NO THEY DIDN"T! NO THEY FUCKING DIDN"T! This show man. This show is top shelf. I know someone that is keeping their head down until all the episodes release. I sort wish I'd have done the same. These brilliant bastards actually took one of the highlights from the Fox movies and inserted him into the MCU. The wait until next week is going be the death of me 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I think it's safe to say that on all fronts 

MCU > SWU

Granted, there is only about 1/3 of the content in Star Wars, there is clearly a plan for all of this. The MCU is allowed to experiment and that makes this stuff spectacular. We got a hint of one group last week, now we get a taste of something new again. Like I said, there is significantly more in Wandavision than all of the first two seasons of Mando. This feels like there is a goal and stakes involved with all of the characters at hand. 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:34 PM, Hawkingbird said:

I feel attacked by this post.

Also yeah I voted for Banshee. Polaris has never felt big even within X-Men titles, same with Forge and Cannonball. They are well known enough but also obscure within their own material. I'm not even sure why Forge is on this list as he has popped up quite regularly in the X-Men comics recently.

announced today

The X-Men Must End the Curse of the Man-Thing

xmenmanthingcurse2021001_cov.jpg

Man-Thing’s tragic curse has finally been revealed… but it’s under new management! Years ago, Dr. Ted Sallis was ready to give up anything to crack the SO-2 serum and deliver success to his growing family. Unbeknownst to the rest of the world... he did. Today, as cities spanning from the U.S. to Krakoa are besieged by fear-driven blazes, the Man-Thing must reckon with his past deeds if he hopes to emerge renewed and rescue a world on fire. But fighting from his lowest means that Man-Thing can rise to his highest, especially with the unexpected help of the X-Men’s resident sorceress Magik and her debuting team of monstrous mutants known as THE DARK RIDERS! Magik will lead one of the most eclectic group of mutants ever assembled, a fearsome mix of fan-favorites and obscure delights: Marrow, Forearm, Shark-Girl, Wolf Cub, and Mammomax!

"It all comes together with X-MEN: CURSE OF THE MAN-THING, and I can't wait for you all to see it! Andrea Broccardo's work bringing to life not just Man-Thing and his new nemesis Harrower, but Krakoa's iconic Magik and her team of Dark Riders has been nothing short of sensational!” Orlando said. “Regrown from nearly nothing, Man-Thing has returned to celebrate his 50th anniversary with a focus and intensity like we've never seen. Maybe he can stop the world from burning, but the real final showdown will be between him and the supernatural zealot that hijacked his powers: Harrower. Luckily, he'll have help in the form of Magik, intent on repaying a debt the Marvel Universe never knew was owed until now. Monster Mutant Mayhem as Man-Thing's 50th reaches its climax!”

l

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/x-men-curse-of-the-man-thing

139450496_1503292189863858_7126086928360

Jay Anacleto

Edited by AriesWarlock

I wish when the James Gunn firing first occurred someone woulda explained to me he got his start in film through troma films. Lmfao. This makes those wild ass tweets make so much more sense. I thought this dude came up through the system and was some normal trained film maker. Not a film version of a shit poster 😂 I would never have gone in so hard had I'd known 

Spoiler

Agnes is likely a student of a Doctor Strange that was sent to inspect the anomaly but it over powered her. (Remember: in the comics Agatha Harkness is a powerful witch) OR. She is a SWORD agent who got to close to what Hayward really wanted so he somehow got her into the Hex.

She’s not a villain due to her being absolutely terrified and disoriented when Vision negated Wanda’s controls. 

Hayward is either Mephisto or being possessed by Mephisto. Also they basically tell you near the beginning of the series Hayward is the villain. He mentioned SWORD is leaning more into AI based missions and development rather than space missions. Vision is the most advanced AI on earth. 

Hayward was likely using vision to advance SWORD’s tech to counter intergalactic tech. Like say maybe the Celestials or Galactus. Once Wanda found out where visions body was she stole the body and had a psychotic break. Thus the hex. 

lastly, in this episode Darcy mentioned that the hex has altered Monica’s DNA and that it’s changing. It’s likely the X-Gene or something similar. My guess is that the hex is going to get bigger and bigger to the point it effects the entire world. Which is what creates the X-Gene/Mutants and possibly create the Fantastic Four and the Inhumans

as for FoX-Men Quicksilver: I have no idea. I’m sure it’ll be answered sooner than later though. He was awfully lax and blunt about a lot of stuff to Wanda in front of Speed and Wican (the twins). Maybe Mephisto projecting? Idk. 

Edited by iStu X

Let me know when you guys watch WandaVision. Advantage of being in quarantine and working from home is I watched WandaVision before clocking in for work this morning. Thankfully my quarantine ends today. Technically, I can go outside now. I would go out and do a back flip but then I'd end up stock in a hospital bed after breaking my neck 🤣 

Edit: Fuck....I've lost 12lbs. I'm 209lbs. I didn't want to lose 12lbs. Shit, I was 259lbs in February of 2020. I'm looking a damn scarecrow over here 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem

My road to work was looking less then safe so I called in. I loved the little jingle theme they put at the end of the latest episode. Given the show was originally set up as just 8 episodes this is the proto penultimate and it feels as such.

Spoiler

Agnes aka Agatha reveal was cool. I do hope the kids are fine. Monica got that power up just in time it seems even got to do a super hero landing this episode.

@Wellman

Spoiler

Yeah Monica, (the real female Captain Marvel - fuck Carol ) getting her powers was great. The look Wanda had when she realized Monica had powers were priceless. I hope the kids are okay too, but who knows based on the comics. Hopefully Wiccan and Speed make it. That Agatha song near the end had me laughing my ass off. Who do you think Pietro is? Nightmare?

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@Wellman

Hide contents

Yeah Monica, (the real female Captain Marvel - fuck Carol ) getting her powers was great. The look Wanda had when she realized Monica had powers were priceless. I hope the kids are okay too, but who knows based on the comics. Hopefully Wiccan and Speed make it. That Agatha song near the end had me laughing my ass off. Who do you think Pietro is? Nightmare?

Spoiler

I think Pietro is Agatha's rabbit. Rabbit are common familiars for witches. Transforming it into something else wouldn't be out of the question