Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

23 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/media/black-widow-disney-marvel/index.html

Black Widow will debut on Disney Plus Premier ($30 fee on top of D+ access) and theaters simultaneously on July 9. 

Shang Chi will debut on Sept. 3. No further info.

This is why HBO Max > Disney Plus. I'm not paying $30 on top of my subscription to see a movie that would cost me less than half that in theatres. 

Simon Spurrier teases new art and details for X-Men series ‘Way of X’ all week

ExQHLmVXMAQomNp.jpg?w=660&ssl=1

ExFf9IcXMAMO-tP.jpgExF5-wXW8AYVIN5.jpg?fit=660,1002&ssl=1

ExKbBZ1XEAAeI4D.jpg?fit=660,1002&ssl=1

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/24/simon-spurrier-tease-way-of-x-marvel/

THE WAY TO THE FUTURE OF X! Mutantkind has built a new Eden…but there are serpents in this garden. Some mutants struggle to fit in. Some mutants turn to violence and death. And the children whisper of the Patchwork Man, singing in their hearts… Only one mutant senses the looming shadows. Snared by questions of death, law and love, only NIGHTCRAWLER can fight for the soul of Krakoa. Only he—and the curious crew he assembles (including fan-favorites Dr. Nemesis, Pixie, and Blink)—can help mutants defeat their inner-darkness and find a new way to live. This is the WAY OF X. Simon Spurrier (X-MEN: LEGACY) and Bob Quinn (CAPTAIN AMERICA) push the frontiers of Krakoa in this unmissable entry into the bold new REIGN OF X.

12 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m so excited for Way of X. 

So am I. I've been a Spurrier fan since his X-Men Legacy vol.2  run, and all his runs before and after.  Good to see his Dr. Nemesis again. Have you read X-Club? "THE OFFICE OF PURE EMPIRICAL SCIENCE!!!"

Edited by AriesWarlock
On 3/23/2021 at 4:19 PM, RSG3 said:

Yea I dunno why Disney has settled on 30 dollars for some reason. That's the cost of the Blu-Ray. I'll just wait and buy that and have it forever. 

Cost of 2 tickets.. They are thinking of families not single people. Disney has always thought about families. 

My Epic Collection Black Panther: Panther's Prey arrived today. Looks soooo freaking good.

All three of my Ta-Nehisi Coates OHC Black Panther books also came. Think I'll be collecting this series in OHC format, along with Coates Captain America run. OHC vol. 2 isn't due out for a good while though.

Also got a Epic Collection Silver Surfer: Inner Demons, which is a late '90s run by DeMatties with lots of art by Ron Garney. Didn't know Surfer and Alicia Master got together. 

Gonna start reading my Immortal Hulk OHC vol. 1 tonight. 

Maaaan, Immortal Hulk is soooooo good. The art is on point and the horror elements are really grabbing me, which is strange because horror isn't a genre I'm normally into. But I did dig the early Lee/Kirby Hulk run and now that I think about it, that run did have horror elements.

Immortal Hulk also functions nice as a single issue comic series, which is really cool because so many comics are written for trades these days. I can tell a bigger story is being told but anyone could read an issue alone and get serious enjoyment from it. That being said, I'm glad I have it in OHC format because I'm itching for more after reading one issue in this book. 

4 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Maaaan, Immortal Hulk is soooooo good. The art is on point and the horror elements are really grabbing me, which is strange because horror isn't a genre I'm normally into. But I did dig the early Lee/Kirby Hulk run and now that I think about it, that run did have horror elements.

Immortal Hulk also functions nice as a single issue comic series, which is really cool because so many comics are written for trades these days. I can tell a bigger story is being told but anyone could read an issue alone and get serious enjoyment from it. That being said, I'm glad I have it in OHC format because I'm itching for more after reading one issue in this book. 

Glad you like it! Immortal Hulk is one of my favorite on-going marvel titles right now. 

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Falcon and Winter Soldier is going there

Hide contents

Latest episode introduced Isaiah Bradley. Fuck yes!! Go all the way with it! From the dialogue exchange Isaiah was the Cap of the Korean war. We definitely getting Patriot in this show.

When he said 

Spoiler

I had to see if they put his arm back... I instantly need a flashback of Isaiah just fuckin bucky up

20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

My sister and her family are in town for my nephews birthday. I haven’t been able to watch due to cleaning/baking all day. I won’t be able to watch until tonight after everyone goes to bed. 

im so tempted to click those spoiler tags lol

Don't do it... Episode 2 is worth the wait for the reveal 

Edited by Maxx

I don’t really understand what the big reveal was supposed to be. 

Spoiler

Was it supposed to be Isiah Bradley? Cause that didn’t really shock me at all. I don’t know the history of the character. 

however  once that flag smasher in episode one showed he had super strength it was obvious they were going to go down the super soldier lore rabbit hole. 

Edited by iStu X
51 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I don’t really understand what the big reveal was supposed to be. 

Reveal hidden contents

Was it supposed to be Isiah Bradley? Cause that didn’t really shock me at all. I don’t know the history of the character. 

however  once that flag smasher in episode one showed he had super strength it was obvious they were going to go down the super soldier lore rabbit hole. 

Spoiler

It's hype because alot of us werent sure if they were gonna go there. We didn't know if Disney would be Disney and soften alot of the stuff due to the parallels of the Tuskegee experiments as well as other military experiments done to black people in America. It means alot to us, comic Twitter.. The black section was super hyped. 

9 hours ago, iStu X said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

He was the "untold", and punished instead of rewarded Black Capitan America, his reward for saving the world was being locked up in prison for 17 years while the government poked and prodded at him. It's pretty much the Tuskegee syphilis study but the victims were used as super solders

9 hours ago, iStu X said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Captain America plot is going to do Captain America stuff 

12 hours ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

It's hype because alot of us werent sure if they were gonna go there. We didn't know if Disney would be Disney and soften alot of the stuff due to the parallels of the Tuskegee experiments as well as other military experiments done to black people in America. It means alot to us, comic Twitter.. The black section was super hyped. 

Fair enough. Makes a lot more sense now. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, locoghoul said:

Is the writer for Falcon/WS black? I loved those jabs (black falcon, "can i see some id?", "my people") at society. Also, yeah ppl shoulda seen the plot coming since ep 1 switzerland scene

I think it's a combination of the writers working with the director and actors to breathe life into this show. For example, when Sam and Rhodes were talking after the press conference, it's the dialogue, the look, the mannerisms the made it feel authentic. It's subtlety that makes the show work so well. 

spacer.png

I miss you so Pak Herc.

Should catch up on X-Titles, been reading the new FF and Taskmaster runs, and the old Avengers and Ghost Rider ones.

Because flaming skull men on Motorcycles shooting fire and chains has a very simplistic and loving charm to me.