Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

It's entirely possible that that time will be for world building. This is Batman, so you KNOW if this movie is good, they're going to do more. They're not going to do a special Joker one-off here.

I'm excited. I should be torn, because this could mean the movie will be too dense (like Eternals) or meandering around with filler. But everything I've seen of this movie so far seems great, and if it can pull off being awesome with that run time? I'll happily see it multiple times in the theater.

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Oh, so about Superman and Lois:

Reveal hidden contents

So we really doing Doomsday this early in the show's life huh? 

I wouldn't be so sure.

Spoiler

If last season is any indication, they don't necessary take thing where you think. The John Henry Irons situation being the biggest example. To a lesser degree, Sam Lane's relationship with Clark. It's was far less antagonistic that is usually portrayed. Side note: Poor Jordan. At least he got to see his grandma and he put in work before his uncle handed him a L.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

Hide contents

If last season is any indication, they don't necessary take thing where you think. The John Henry Irons situation being the biggest example. To a lesser degree, Sam Lane's relationship with Clark. It's was far less antagonistic that is usually portrayed. Side note: Poor Jordan. At least he got to see his grandma and he put in work before his uncle handed him a L.

Spoiler

Definitely gonna be some twist on it. He's actually fought Doomsday before and survived in the Arrowverse, pre-Crisis. I figure Doomsday's resurgence is possibly causing Clark to regain his memory of how things were before Crisis, also causing these painful  visions 

I'm sure my theory is wrong tho knowing this show 

Even tho I spoiled myself, it was still amazing to watch, that was one hell of a fake out. Superman and Lois is superb at subverting your assumptions. I like how the producers kept saying it was the other guy to throw me off 😂

And why the hell won't Clark call the rest of his Arrowverse buddies to help with this problem. I have so many questions lol

Also 

Spoiler

Me and my cousin are convinced this subplot with Lucy Lane in a cult is somehow based on the fact that Chloe Sullivan (forgot the actor's name) from CW's Smallville was actually in a cult in real life. Can't be a coincidence 

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Even tho I spoiled myself, it was still amazing to watch, that was one hell of a fake out. Superman and Lois is superb at subverting your assumptions. I like how the producers kept saying it was the other guy to throw me off 😂

And why the hell won't Clark call the rest of his Arrowverse buddies to help with this problem. I have so many questions lol

Also 

Hide contents

Me and my cousin are convinced this subplot with Lucy Lane in a cult is somehow based on the fact that Chloe Sullivan (forgot the actor's name) from CW's Smallville was actually in a cult in real life. Can't be a coincidence 

Spoiler

If there's a cult in a Superman show it could potentially lead to the religion of crime and intergang

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

If there's a cult in a Superman show it could potentially lead to the religion of crime and intergang

Spoiler

Oh shit, Intergang, which eventually may mean TV Darkseid but done right, sign me TF up 🗣️

Not familiar with the Religion thing, guess I'll do a quick Google search 

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:
  Hide contents

Oh shit, Intergang, which eventually may mean TV Darkseid but done right, sign me TF up 🗣️

Not familiar with the Religion thing, guess I'll do a quick Google search 

Spoiler

The religion of crime is more of a Batwoman thing but being a cult founded by Darkseid's disciples to prepare humanity for his rule it can work for Superman

32 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Why tf is Clark not calling Kara to help with this dude? Ehh, I'm thinking too hard again I guess 😂

COVID aside, why would you want thank stink any where near this show?

Edit:

Spoiler

Damn Bizarro has no fucking chill. Dumbass General just got two of his kids killed.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

COVID aside, why would you want thank stink any where near this show?

Edit:

Hide contents

Damn Bizarro has no fucking chill. Dumbass General just got two of his kids killed.

Well, it's still Arrowverse, albeit removed for the most part, plus he's fighting someone on his level, only would make sense to call Kara. Would be nice to have her in a show with good writing 

And I called that last thing, I just picked the wrong kids. Red shirts 🤣

5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

And I called that last thing, I just picked the wrong kids. Red shirts 🤣

This General guy is a piece of fucking work man.

Spoiler

Superman told him to call him. This numbnuts sends some kids after a guy that gave Steel and Superman that work. Now, next episode preview, he's crying about his men being dead. Nigga its your fault. WTF did you think was going to happen? 

Side note: I think Bizarro's necklace was the reason Superman was having trouble with him. I noticed that Superman busted his ass after it got knocked off. I think that was linking Superman and Bizarro's minds.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I remember when Final Crisis was marketed as the last crisis they would ever do. That was broken several times.

final crisis wasn’t even good. I love Grant Morrison but that event sucked. Multiversity was the best thing to come out of Final Crisis

also we just had a crisis event with Dark Knights: Death Metal. IDGAF what anyone says, it was a crisis event. It was a multiversal event, gave the origin of the crisis’, crisis energy, the creation of the universe and multiverse and lead into the launch of Future State. It was a crisis event. Anyone that says otherwise will get these hands. 

Edited by iStu X

I'm hearing that DC is showing The Batman a couple days early in some theaters, and that tickets for those screenings sold out almost immediately.

That makes me a bit more hype for the movie. This is speculation, but it seems they have so much faith in the movie they want to get the word of mouth going for the later release. I haven't heard of that recently. Not for flicks I'm interested in, anyway. Though, Marvel was talking big on Eternals and that was just alright, so there's still a grain of salt there.

I havent kept up with the DC Cw shows in 2 years and I wanted to see how Black Lightning ended 

S3

It took Wayne Brady 16 years, but he finally got to CHOKE A BITCH!

SPOILERS for Black Lightning Season 4

I thought it was  good, but rushed in some ways.

I generally liked that they kept Henderson's death and used it as a way to break Black Lightning down emotionally.

Anissa and Grace getting married- yay.

I missed China McClain, but it was nice to see her return for the final episode. I honestly didnt think that they would use the "new Jen" as an alien entity seeking to replace  her. 

Nice to see Gambi getting some PUSSY!

IMO the Chief Lopez subplot was rushed. They just blurt out her anti-meta motivation in one of the later episodes and she gets taken out very quickly.

I may be in the minority, but I really liked the Khalil scenes-both action and his dueling psyche through the season.  It sucks his spinoff wont be made.

Ishmael was just ok as a villain.

I kind of wished they answered if Lady Eve survived or not.

Unless  I missed something, Val (tobias nullifying henchwoman) got away in the end.

Edited by DangerousJ