Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I can only assume that if CW we’re going to fire the cast and crew if she didn’t return to the set soon after her injury, talking about it while she was on the show would have had worse consequences.

I can’t say for sure.

Seems like you were on to something. If what she says is true, and I'm inclined to believer her, they were complete shit heads. Also, it was pointed out elsewhere. She probably had some sort of gag order that prevent her from speaking before now.

Honestly, I really WANTED to like Batwoman, I like Rose and the costume design, the show has a good look but it's just so bad. And this behind the scenes stuff makes me want to NOT watch it more.

Honestly, just cancel this, and maybe salvage a few characters like Luke and Alice. This show's budget could be used for much better, more interesting shows. To go from Stargirl and Superman & Lois to this is jarring, from a writing and visual standpoint 

37 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So anyone else watching Young Justice beside me? Need to talk about the last episode.

Hide contents

It looks like Superboy died and normally I'd say "Ah he'll be back". But we all thought that with Wally West and dude is still dead. So him surviving isn't guaranteed.

Spoiler

Superboy definitely survived. The Legion were around. He would have saved him last minute

56 minutes ago, Lantis said:

So I heard the Injustice movie was a dud? Reviews everywhere are kinda blasting it. Might as well just stick with the games/comics

Instead of going by the game/comic story line they took liberties and fucked it up. At least that's what I hear from everyone. After hearing that, I lost any desire to see it.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Instead of going by the game/comic story line they took liberties and fucked it up. At least that's what I hear from everyone. After hearing that, I lost any desire to see it.

Watched it and yeah they took some shortcuts for sure. The last fight was decent but man was hoping for a bigger finale.

I just finished the first season of Superman and Lois.

Pros: The cinematography, sfx, the plots all seem 15-20 % better than the usual CW DC show. The amount of secret keeping and angst seems to be subdued. 

Also, the female superiority angle also seems downplayed unlike the other shows. 

Characters like Kyle and Gen. Sam Lane would normally be caricatures and be  only bluster. Sam actually cared for both his family and Smallville and listened to both Lois/Clark and his advisors.  Kyle was a little dickish in the beginning but became more tolerable throughout the season.

Cons:

The first season villain and plot seemed reminiscent of other stories like Supergirl S1 and Im sure other stories. There are CW tropes such as a villain masking his identity to the general public and coming off as an ally before his plan goes into motion.

I hope Jonathan gets more to do in terms of independent plots and not have to be tied to Jordan all the time. 

I wish there was more action overall.

Misc: I guess the show will stay in Smallville. I kinda wished it would be a Metropolis based show. 

Also, Its interesting thatlike Smallville (show) Lana is played by an ethnically ambiguous actress and is apparently Latina. IIRC Lana is a white ginger woman in the comics.

I guess  another name for the show could be: Smallville: The Next Generation

Overall:  8/10