Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Felicia would be taller, bustier, and a lot more buff. Wasn't she subject to a variation of the Super Soldier serum?

No. Not to my knowledge. She just turned into an absolute bad ass and pushed her body to the limit and then some after being raped in high school. 

She’s got cybernetic enhancements and shit in the marvel manga-verse though

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Felicia would be taller, bustier, and a lot more buff. Wasn't she subject to a variation of the Super Soldier serum?

I know what you are talking about. That was only in the Spider-man cartoon. She did have some powers though

Former Powers

Feline Abilities- After Black Cat's powers were removed by Doctor Strange, the process caused her body to be mutated which granted her special abilities. These included superhuman reflexes, infrared eyesight (which enabled her to see in the dark), enhanced strength, and retractable claws. Black cat also stated that she could smell pheromones which showed that she had a sense of smell like an animal. However, Black Cat lost these abilities completely when she was hit with a device that was designed by the Chameleon to remove Spider-Man's powers.

Current Powers

Probability Field Manipulation- Black Cat was given the power of 'bad luck' by scientists who were working for the Kingpin through a bargain they made with him. This power allowed her to affect probability fields, which caused improbable events of bad luck to happen to enemies that were within her sight. This power of hers was removed by Doctor Strange when it started to affect the ones she loved the most and it was discovered that it would eventually kill a person the longer they stayed around her. Black Cat's power of bad luck has been shown to have returned to her recently for unknown reasons and she now has more control of this power than ever before.

1926398-1788539_13032481513.jpg

Her physical abilities is all from training though.

20 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I'm not sure what to make of this but a black dude who disguises himself as a white guy to complete secret kill missions, all with 50 Cent producing sounds like a hell of a train wreck I want to watch 😂

https://www.cbr.com/xero-50-cent-movie-priest-chriscross-dc-comics-series/

Yeah, I'd definitely watch this. I give 50 credit for stepping out of his "comfort" zone with this project.

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

So, about Superman and Lois 

Hide contents

So is Cult Lady secretly Granny Goodness? And wtf is up with this mirror world stuff? I've never be so confused yet excited 😂

Not sure fam, but I'm intrigued. I love the way they interweave two separate storylines together. They did a good job of that last season.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Not sure fam, but I'm intrigued. I love the way they interweave two separate storylines together. They did a good job of that last season.

I've been wondering wtf that cult storyline has to do with anything but somehow they'd tied it together to the main plot.  Whatever theories I've had this season have been shit on so I totally won't attempt to guess where this is going 😂

Spoiler

And So I guess Bizarro is an anti hero now maybe? Ally is the clear main threat this season with her starting some sort of war on both worlds. I feel like she's secretly some DC villain but I don't want to Google and accidentally spoil something 

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

I've been wondering wtf that cult storyline has to do with anything but somehow they'd tied it together to the main plot.  Whatever theories I've had this season have been shit on so I totally won't attempt to guess where this is going 😂

Hide contents

And So I guess Bizarro is an anti hero now maybe? Ally is the clear main threat this season with her starting some sort of war on both worlds. I feel like she's secretly some DC villain but I don't want to Google and accidentally spoil something 

I learned from last year. They may pull something new. It may not be a comic character at all. I think part of the reason I like this show so much is that I can't predict what's going to happen. Even when I think I'm on to something they take a hard left. It's refreshing. My mom could usually figure what was going to happen ahead of time in a TV show. I must have inherited it from her.

Chip Zdarsky and Jorge Jimenez announce they’re taking over as lead writer and artist respectively for the main Batman title. 

I hate that I’m excited for this because I fucking hate Batman but Zdarsky is an amazing writer. He’s like Brian Michael Bendis and Matt Fraction when it comes to street level heroes. He just gets them better than anyone else. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Maxx said:

He also likes cats lol. I love him but he's terrible at cosigning things

He did not co-sign Cats. He liked it but because it was like a train wreck, you can't look away. A total unmitigated disaster and that can be fun to watch. He never said Cats was good lol. 

I like SF The Movie but if never tell you it was good lol. 

Edited by RSG3
11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yea fuck Anderson. Clark REPEATEDLY told him not to send those kids into battle, that shit is all his fault 

Hide contents

Yet he wants to turn on Clark and paint him as the villain. 

Hope Edge or Bizzaro break out and knock Anderson around a bit 

Yeah that dipshit doesn't get that trust is a two way street. He's been nothing but a dick to Superman from the beginning. If anyone had a reason to be antagonistic to Superman, it's General Lane. He's with his daughter and they could get along. And to your point, if he would have listened to Superman, none of that shit would have happened. This version of Superman has been at it for 20 plus years at this point. Lt. Assclown has been doing this shit for what 6 months? Clark chose Earth over his own brother and essentially Krypton, that should prove his loyalty. I have a feeling, and I may be wrong, that they'll get a hold of Bizarro only to power him up by mistake. They are going try to regular kryptonite on him, which won't work, and red sunlight which actually powers him up and get bodied.

Yep, Clark probably gonna need Edge's help to stop whatever it is Anderson and Cult Lady unleash. They showed that there was some good left in Edge for a reason I think 

Then again, as we always say, this show loves to give the middle finger you whatever predictions you make 😂

23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yep, Clark probably gonna need Edge's help to stop whatever it is Anderson and Cult Lady unleash. They showed that there was some good left in Edge for a reason I think 

Then again, as we always say, this show loves to give the middle finger you whatever predictions you make 😂

Edge is essentially Superman raised by an abusive father. All he really wanted was family. In the show he's Clark's parallel. The people that found him tried to kill him. The UK government captured and experimented on him. It's kind of how Turles in Dragonball Tree of Might was designed to be what Goku would have been like if he didn't hit his head as a toddler. If Edge has been found by a family like the Kents, he'd likely have turned out like Clark. 

Edit: The writing on this show is pretty solid in general. Usually if you have a question, it gets answered. Bizarro's power scaling initially bothered me. Suddenly Superman was able to easily overwhelm him but like Clark the audience realizes he's his opposite. "He's my opposite" You could see the light bulb go off in Clark's head go off. Him wearing the suit made sense, to protect him from Yellow Sunlight. Clark taking him into the sky powered him up and weakened Bizarro at the same time. The parallel in Bizarro's fight with the soldiers and Clark's also showed this off.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

If you're going to see "The Batman" at an AMC theater this weekend, note that the prices are $1 more than usual.

This is for both regular and matinee showings 

This increase is only for Batman. My local theater had Uncharted and other films at standard prices 

Lmfao recoup money for not releasing it in russia? 

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

If you're going to see "The Batman" at an AMC theater this weekend, note that the prices are $1 more than usual.

This is for both regular and matinee showings 

This increase is only for Batman. My local theater had Uncharted and other films at standard prices 

WOW. I saw a little rant from John Campea on this earlier today and thought they raised the prices something crazy. It's just 1 dollar? To be fair, he likely didn't know the actual price increase. Is it possible this is them testing the waters for bigger increases (like 3-5) down the road? I don't think that's going to fly.

Doesn't matter either way. I'm hype to see this tomorrow. And Friday and Saturday if it's good enough.

18 hours ago, axeman61 said:

WOW. I saw a little rant from John Campea on this earlier today and thought they raised the prices something crazy. It's just 1 dollar? To be fair, he likely didn't know the actual price increase. Is it possible this is them testing the waters for bigger increases (like 3-5) down the road? I don't think that's going to fly.

Doesn't matter either way. I'm hype to see this tomorrow. And Friday and Saturday if it's good enough.

If you have amc stubs you can circumvent this. I think even the free level might get around it