Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I am SO over this nonsense it's not funny. 

Edit: Please tell me this is someone trolling.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12298801/EXCLUSIVE-Snow-White-Seven-Politically-Correct-Companions.html

That movie would bomb harder than TLM.

And before anyone says it did well, not, it didn't

542 millions box office, against a 250 million dollars budget, and this is without taking into account the budget for advertisement that was between 100 to 150 million, the inflation rate and the interest rates for the loans, since they didn't put all the 250 from their pocket neither the advertisement money.

Also, the fact that the theaters keep like 50% of the box office at average.

So the movie needed like 700 to 800 million dollars to break even.

And Disney has been caught under reporting their budgets for movies recently, up to 100 million dollars, making movies that supposedly were a successs actually lose money in reality, like Dr Strange 2, and Thor L&T for example.

Edited by Hecatom
7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

That movie would bomb harder than TLM.

And before anyone says it did well, not, it didn't

542 millions box office, against a 250 million dollars budget, and this is without taking into account the budget for advertisement that was between 100 to 150 million, the inflation rate and the interest rates for the loans, since they didn't put all the 250 from their pocket neither the advertisement money.

Also, the fact that the theaters keep like 50% of the box office at average.

So the movie needed like 700 to 800 million dollars to break even.

And Disney has been caught under reporting their budgets for movies recently, up to 100 million dollars, making movies that supposedly were a successs actually lose money in reality, like Dr Strange 2, and Thor L&T for example.

People forgot about The Little Mermaid because Indy is tanking so badly. It's looking to lose more money than The Flash at this point.

Budget: $329 million (They said 295 million, UK tax returns showed otherwise)

Advertising: $100 million (I don't them believe them for a second this one, it's higher)

Tota1: $429 million

Estimated Break Even: $858 million

Current Box Office: $258 million

Disney's Take: $129 million

Heads need to roll over at Disney. There is no reason an Indy movie should cost $300+ million to film. All of their budgets are out of control. The Super Mario Brother's movie had a 100 million dollar budget. Elemental, which is also bombing, had a budget double that.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People forgot about The Little Mermaid because Indy is tanking so badly. It's looking to lose more money than The Flash at this point.

Budget: $329 million (They said 295 million, UK tax returns showed otherwise)

Advertising: $100 million (I don't them believe them for a second this one)

Tota1: $429 million

Estimated Break Even: $858 million

Current Box Office: $258 million

Disney's Take: $129 million

Heads need to roll over at Disney. There is no reason an Indy movie should cost $300+ million to film. All of their budgets are out of control. The Super Mario Brother's movie had a 100 million dollar budget. Elemental, which is also bombing, had a budget double that.

And it has been happening for years.

Turns out that movies like The Last Jedi and Rise of Palpatine barely broke even since they had budgets more inflated than reported.

Rise of Palpatine for example, hhad a total budget of around 500 to 550 million dollars without advertisement.

Which explains articles like this one from Forbes from back in the day

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/26/box-office-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-is-the-first-500-million-disappointment-lucasfilm-walt-disney/

Like, HOW????

What the fuck are they doing at Disney?

No wonder they sacked Alonso's ass, since apparently her division was what ended bloating a lot of those productions on the Marvel side and made them financial nightmares despite the apparent good box office numbers.

6 hours ago, Reticently said:

Depends on the cancer, depends on the treatment.  There aren't too many cancer scenarios where being fit is going to be worse for you, but for example if your percentage bodyfat is TOO low it CAN make you more susceptible to some of the negative effects of cancer and certain treatments.

And there are definitely cancers/treatments that will completely interrupt your ability to stay in shape.

Gotcha. What is the point of body fat percentage that would be deemed too low? Even bodybuilders will openly say that extremely low body fat is only sustainable for a few hours, and I don’t think anyone can justify that ever being “healthy.” Is that the threshold or is it a little higher? 🤔

Either way, self regulation is good like you say. Push up and pull up responsibly. 🫡

Disney's problem, at least from a movie budget standpoint,  is their over reliance on CGI. They use CGI just because they can instead when it's necessary. Practical effects are cheaper and hold up better over time. If it cant' be done practically, then you use CGI.

Edit: @TheInfernoman, I remember that story. I literally face palmed when I saw it. Dude got removed from the gym for doing something was physically incapable of. Seeing. What an insult to a blind person.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Two Kansas City officers are being disciplined after a video of them pinning a man to the ground over a receipt for a $5 Walmart pizza went viral on TikTok.  RELATED: Police pin down man over $5 Walmart pizza, internet outraged

A video showing a confrontation between police and a Walmart customer over a $5 pizza has gone viral, sparking outrage on social media and conversations about the use of force by police officers.  The incident, which occurred on June 1 at a Kansas City Walmart, was recorded and posted to TikTok on June 2 and shows Dayton Borisouth, 24, get pinned down by security officers who questioned whether he paid for a frozen pizza.

I haven't used a bike since I was a little kid; that brings back memories...  I remember mine was a black/grey Huffy.  I also had a scooter but that ended up being a waste of money, really since I barely used it... the bike was just way more fun.  One of my friends in the old neighborhood had a nice hilly area in the backyard so it was fun to do "stunts" jumping that hill and all that jazz.

...now I'm wondering how often the average American kid rides a bike anymore these days.  I imagine it's probably not that often due to the rise in popularity of gaming... since it's way more of a thing now than it was during a Gen-X childhood when it was just Nintendo vs. Sega and a fading legacy of Atari (*they were on the 7800 system by the 8-bit days; I wanted the 7800 but never got it... this reminds me there's some big Atari collection that hit all the consoles some months ago; I should get that...there is a Switch version.)

23 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Gotcha. What is the point of body fat percentage that would be deemed too low? Even bodybuilders will openly say that extremely low body fat is only sustainable for a few hours, and I don’t think anyone can justify that ever being “healthy.” Is that the threshold or is it a little higher? 🤔

Either way, self regulation is good like you say. Push up and pull up responsibly. 🫡

I don't know a specific number, though there may be on eburied in the NCCN guidelines, or whatever equivalent to that the surgeons go by.

Rule of thumb though, if you're so fit that your % body fat could be mistaken for someone with an eating disorder it's probably problematic.

Edited by Reticently
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Two Kansas City officers are being disciplined after a video of them pinning a man to the ground over a receipt for a $5 Walmart pizza went viral on TikTok.  RELATED: Police pin down man over $5 Walmart pizza, internet outraged

A video showing a confrontation between police and a Walmart customer over a $5 pizza has gone viral, sparking outrage on social media and conversations about the use of force by police officers.  The incident, which occurred on June 1 at a Kansas City Walmart, was recorded and posted to TikTok on June 2 and shows Dayton Borisouth, 24, get pinned down by security officers who questioned whether he paid for a frozen pizza.

There is a alot going on here for 5 fucking dollars and a receipt.  I kinda want to know more context before this but based off what is in front of me, this looks pretty fucked.  Dude is screaming "HERE'S THE RECEIPT" and nobody is even bothering to look at it until the very end of the video.

Just now, iStu X said:

They had several like this too. Even a good fortune cat holding a fish taco. They went all in. 😂

Reminds me of a chinese restaurant near where I live where they have been rotating between chinese and mexican since the inception.

I wish they have done something similar, lol.

Although, I have to say that the current chinese restaurant has the best chinese food I have eat in years.

On 7/13/2023 at 6:57 AM, Chadouken said:

Screenshot_20230713_075335_Chrome.jpg

😬

Like the 1980s and 1990s with the "winners don't use drugs" campaign.

12 hours ago, MillionX said:

I haven't used a bike since I was a little kid; that brings back memories...  I remember mine was a black/grey Huffy.  I also had a scooter but that ended up being a waste of money, really since I barely used it... the bike was just way more fun.  One of my friends in the old neighborhood had a nice hilly area in the backyard so it was fun to do "stunts" jumping that hill and all that jazz.

...now I'm wondering how often the average American kid rides a bike anymore these days.  I imagine it's probably not that often due to the rise in popularity of gaming... since it's way more of a thing now than it was during a Gen-X childhood when it was just Nintendo vs. Sega and a fading legacy of Atari (*they were on the 7800 system by the 8-bit days; I wanted the 7800 but never got it... this reminds me there's some big Atari collection that hit all the consoles some months ago; I should get that...there is a Switch version.)

Last time I had a bike was in 2007 or something. Wonder if Trek or Ghost are good brands.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Reminds me of a chinese restaurant near where I live where they have been rotating between chinese and mexican since the inception.

I wish they have done something similar, lol.

Although, I have to say that the current chinese restaurant has the best chinese food I have eat in years.

Hmmm. Why not combine Mexican and Chinese dishes at the restaurant.

EDIT:

Wait up. Why are people against this movie?

Edited by Jion_Wansu
6 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Wait up. Why are people against this movie?

It's military propaganda that makes a marine look like an action movie star, who it turns out is actually probably a fraud. 

Caviezel is also a religious nut who harassed people on set with his proselytizing and people are tired of preached at by people like him so that's some bad press for it to. 

For me personally "Ripped from the headlines" stories like these are enherently exploitative and I don't like it. 

Edited by RSG3
18 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

There is a alot going on here for 5 fucking dollars and a receipt.  I kinda want to know more context before this but based off what is in front of me, this looks pretty fucked.  Dude is screaming "HERE'S THE RECEIPT" and nobody is even bothering to look at it until the very end of the video.

Agreed. Too often videos like this are posted with little context and we don't see what led up to the situation. The lead up is arguably the most important part.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's military propaganda that makes a marine look like an action movie star, who it turns out is actually probably a fraud. 

Caviezel is also a religious nut who harassed people on set with his proselytizing and people are tired of preached at by people like him so that's some bad press for it to. 

For me personally "Ripped from the headlines" stories like these are enherently exploitative and I don't like it. 

The movie takes a pretty restrained approach and most of the people I've heard taking this position are entenched ideologues who are going to be hostile toward Caviezel entirely because of his religious beliefs. 

If anything I thought the movie showed how difficult it is to remain "the good guy" while trying to do the right thing and not compromising your mission.  There's no fantastic action in the film, not sure who is saying that.

20 minutes ago, J-ride said:

The movie takes a pretty restrained approach and most of the people I've heard taking this position are entenched ideologues who are going to be hostile toward Caviezel entirely because of his religious beliefs. 

If anything I thought the movie showed how difficult it is to remain "the good guy" while trying to do the right thing and not compromising your mission.  There's no fantastic action in the film, not sure who is saying that.

You're welcome to believe what you want. I already said the part that makes the movie gross to me personally, and it's not just this movie, like I dont like Law & Order for much the same reason.

simply answered dudes question about why others are having an issue. 

Edited by RSG3