Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

9 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

That's offensive.

sorry.

btw.

how do we know, for sure. that a few aliens arent online right now trolling twitter? i mean, it cant be that hard to tap into our communications and interact with it. all you really need is a ip and im sure they can hack into an ip.

who knows. maybe one of us here is an alien. also, it would explain why when we play fighters online, why we get blown up by peeps with galaxy brain moves n reactions n strats.

playin sf6 against a grey, ft10. 

if theres first contact. i hope they give us dope fiber optic cable pushing ftl neutrino netcode. no latency from usa to japan type shit. yessssssssssss pls

Edited by VirginDefiler

NFT Bro Laments That Nobody Is Buying Expensive JPGs Anymore

nft-bro-nobody-buying-expensive-jpgs-any

The NFT market is in serious trouble.

While the marketplace for drab JPGs of bored apes and pixelated punks is still alive in 2023, it's arguably on life support, with the appetite for NFTs falling catastrophically as hype for AI has replaced bullish narratives around blockchain and the metaverse.

In short, 2023 has been absolutely brutal to the space so far. According to a recent report by Galaxy Research, VC firms invested $2.3 billion in crypto and blockchain firms in the second quarter of 2023, compared to $8 billion over the same time period last year.

As NFT Now notes, it's the fifth consecutive quarter of decreases in VC investment in crypto firms.

Illustrating the decline, a highly-anticipated anime-themed NFT collection called Ether seriously fumbled its launch earlier this month.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Margot Robbie Is “Really Flattered” by All of the Attention She Gets From Foot Fetishists: “I Don’t Feel Weird About It”  🤔

Margot-RobbieHer-feet.png?w=322&h=215&cr

In a new interview with CinemaBlend, the actress admitted that she was “really flattered” that her feet have been getting a lot of attention since the start of her career.

Congratulations to foot fetishists everywhere.

“I started working and I was in some things, and I hadn’t Googled myself before,” she explained. “And I wrote ‘Margot Robbie,’ and before I finished writing ‘Robbie,’ ‘Margot Robbie feet’ came up.”

The actress explained that in her search, she came across videos and pictures devoted to footage of her feet from movies she’s starred in throughout her career.

“There were like pictures zoomed in on my feet and people writing about it, someone had made a video compilation of footage of my feet. I was like, ‘Oh wow!’ This is like a thing, I didn’t realize,” she said.

margot-robbie-wows.jpg?quality=75&strip=

“Since then I’ve been lucky to be in some iconic films but there’s been some shots of my feet which, I think, has only encouraged this notion,” Robbie continued.

Despite this knowledge, Robbie didn’t seem even a bit uncomfortable with the notion that people on the internet are making fancams of her feet.

“I have to say I’m really flattered that people are excited about my feet. I think that’s lovely,” she said. “I am, genuinely. I don’t feel weird about it. Like, that’s nice.”

56 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Margot Robbie Is “Really Flattered” by All of the Attention She Gets From Foot Fetishists: “I Don’t Feel Weird About It”  🤔

Margot-RobbieHer-feet.png?w=322&h=215&cr

In a new interview with CinemaBlend, the actress admitted that she was “really flattered” that her feet have been getting a lot of attention since the start of her career.

Congratulations to foot fetishists everywhere.

“I started working and I was in some things, and I hadn’t Googled myself before,” she explained. “And I wrote ‘Margot Robbie,’ and before I finished writing ‘Robbie,’ ‘Margot Robbie feet’ came up.”

The actress explained that in her search, she came across videos and pictures devoted to footage of her feet from movies she’s starred in throughout her career.

“There were like pictures zoomed in on my feet and people writing about it, someone had made a video compilation of footage of my feet. I was like, ‘Oh wow!’ This is like a thing, I didn’t realize,” she said.

margot-robbie-wows.jpg?quality=75&strip=

“Since then I’ve been lucky to be in some iconic films but there’s been some shots of my feet which, I think, has only encouraged this notion,” Robbie continued.

Despite this knowledge, Robbie didn’t seem even a bit uncomfortable with the notion that people on the internet are making fancams of her feet.

“I have to say I’m really flattered that people are excited about my feet. I think that’s lovely,” she said. “I am, genuinely. I don’t feel weird about it. Like, that’s nice.”

I find it funny that she actually went through with googling herself.  I definitely would not be doing that if I had any type of fame lol.

if u wanna see how a ufo flies

btw. the govt seized over 50 us patents of different filers that applied patents on electromagnetic flight.

most likely cuz they dont want people to know how ufos fly, cuz if they learn how, theyll also learn its how u achieve a gravitational field which is all u need for faster than light flight. from what i hear, u supposedly create a gravity field by pumping millions of volts into the electromagnetic field. once the field is powerful enough u started bending space.

but u need a superconductor to amplify it. supposedly they claim,the ufo whistleblowers claim.

Edited by VirginDefiler
12 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I still haven't seen Flash but this clip with no context mad me laugh

This reminds me of how bored I've become of Super Speed being shown as Super Slow Motion. I get why it's done I'm just kinda....over it. 

11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This reminds me of how bored I've become of Super Speed being shown as Super Slow Motion. I get why it's done I'm just kinda....over it. 

I'm not even sure there really is a better way to show super speed and make it interesting aside from the DBZ method.  It's either instant or slow mo depending on the impact you're going for.  Not saying that there isn't really any other way to showcase it but I'm drawing a blank flipping through media in my head of every instance of how super speed is shown off as an effect.  Do you know of any other method that it could be done?

Yeah that woman has a strange "Popeye" face for some reason.

Someone hit that 1 billion lottery the other day---imagine how great that would be; that's instant "early retirement" funds (even with slashing it in half as a lump sum and considering the tax cut we're still talking about a few hundred mil).... I'd quit asap and have that much more energy for all these games I'm behind on....along with enjoying life in a new bigger house (perhaps a 1 million dollar home at least; pay it off completely right away then I'm just on the hook for utilities and property tax....I hate that concept, btw...that you're forever paying "property tax" even if you completely own the house and that piece of land) in a wealthy area of town, of course....making sure to stay as far away from the riff raff as possible. 

That term 'riff raff' always makes me think of the "leader of the junkyard cats" from the Heathcliff cartoon....the short one with certified baddie "Cleo"...the sexiest animated cat character.  I'm sure Cleo's existence created a large % of the furries out there today.

...funny that he got the better-looking girl, when he's not even the main character.  Heathcliff's girlfriend was nowhere near Cleo's level....and she was fat.

**edit---ah, but Cheetarah from Thundercats just came to mind, so perhaps Cleo is just a strong 2nd place in that category of hot cat characters.  Yeah....original version though; the 2011 version of Cheetarah is ok but isn't all that in comparison. 

*Yes, for me, Cheetarah also ranks above Felicia from Darkstalkers.

Edited by MillionX
14 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

If you have treatments that is almost exclusive to taking care of the symptom than the root cause, then you're just part of the patient statistic for the medical field. How many decades has it been since a lack of cure to breast cancer or HIV, but want instead to create charities and donations for the research? It's just a joke to me. They won't even resolve the housing crisis, when there is more than enough money to go around with that subject.

What is point of cures when you can milk people for treatments? Doctors can know more than you about their field, but they are prone to misrepresenting your own health or themselves. That's just how human work.

Ancient times were more interesting  to read and acquire knowledge of than this era, because  the old ways were about time and not money. If nothing else, technology, money through materialism is pretty degrading to me at times.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
54 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Ancient times were more interesting  to read and acquire knowledge of than this era, because  the old ways were about time and not money. If nothing else, technology, money through materialism is pretty degrading to me at times.

There is much better then people waxing nostalgic for a time they didn't love on and really know little about. You're right man shit was way better when tried to treat you with leeches and Coke-Cola. 

While we are here I  have this elixir you should try, it restores your youth and fills you with Vimm and Vigor!

26 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

There is much better then people waxing nostalgic for a time they didn't love on and really know little about. You're right man shit was way better when tried to treat you with leeches and Coke-Cola. 

While we are here I  have this elixir you should try, it restores your youth and fills you with Vimm and Vigor!

Of course those times were pretty damn dangerous and with so much more disparity. At the same time, nature wasn't replaced like what's going to happen in the future with it and could possibility be the end of us. 

I'm just not a follower nor a leader like the rest. Im clearly different. People have a problem with me severely questioning this level of mediocrity from modern concepts. We're just in the shadow of our former selves.

These times are simply not my definition of peace and prosperity, but a balance of trying to satisfy the mass have always been a slippery slope throughout history.

Edited by Emptyeyes_

Filed under "Bigger things to be concerned about than birds"

https://www.tampabay.com/news/education/2023/07/19/florida-state-board-of-education-black-history-african-american-manny-diaz-jr/

Rep. Anna Eskamani, D-Orlando, pointed to part of the middle school standards that would require instruction to include “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”

Thompson cited part of the high school standards requiring instruction that “includes acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans but is not limited to 1906 Atlanta Race Riot, 1919 Washington, D.C. Race Riot, 1920 Ocoee Massacre, 1921 Tulsa Massacre and the 1923 Rosewood Massacre.”

If you're having issues wondering what's wrong with the 2nd quote, there's a little word called 'by' that's doing a lot in there.

🤨

Back from the Dead: New Hope for Resurrecting Extinct Plants

Botanists have been storing plant specimens from extinct species for centuries. They are now starting to realize their potential to resurrect life forms long believed lost forever. Libraries of data from herbarium specimens of extinct plants are now available in browsable digital databases.

Attempts to revive extinct animals will only result in hybrid genetically-engineered animals, but successful recovery of a plant will result in the resurrection of the actual species.

Yeah, right after watching Jurassic Park all those years ago, I was already wondering when scientists would start doing that for real... it seemed to make perfect sense to me even as a kid...like if we are able to still capture the genetic material and then somehow replicate it....seems like the next logical conclusion is the question of when you could start bringing back the various things that went extinct a long time ago.

ah, if only I went into that field of study.... oh yes I would absolutely be a "mad scientist" with all kinds of disturbing results of my "secret experiments".  Dangerous mutated hybrid beings....big "kaiju" potentials... all that good stuff.

Edited by MillionX

Imagine what kind of cults would pop up whenever the various alien races are *formally* revealed and known, if that were to happen anytime soon.... that should be interesting if it happens in our lifetime (something I'm hoping for).  I imagine that with multiple alien races there would be cults popping up accordingly... with people swearing they are descended from whatever their chosen "celestial ancestor" is...

• Greys
  • "Tall Whites"
  • Reptilians

We've already had a few previews of this---that cult "Heaven's Gate", lead by Marshall Applewhite and his wife is one I remember clearly...their goal was to get picked up by the "celestial brother" on the ship that was the Hale-Bopp comet.  (there's a Hanson joke somewhere in that, I'm sure)

It would be interesting to see what kind of factions and new belief systems arise from all that.  

Ooh, imagine the juicy in-fighting amongst the human race if it turned out that these 3 and/or others were indeed the progenitors of the different "races" of humans in different regions... ha, that would be entertaining to see what develops from that.... (*cue the animated "popcorn.gif" reactions)