Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

22 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Apparently Rudy is in fact getting sued again because he didn't put the shovel down.  Pretty sure this is gonna be like getting water out of a desert now.

I legit think he's senile. When you lose a defamation case, you don't keep saying the things that got you in trouble in the first place. It reminds me Amber Heard, except Depp just wanted to move on. He could have sued her again for the same reason Rudy is getting clapped a second time.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Colorado Supreme Court disqualified Trump off the 2024 Ballot so there's a high chance that the Supreme Court is now going to have to rule on this for the country.

Edit:

aaaaand people are threatening Civil War again...I'm just gonna ignore this.

It's wild to me that people who are always on about "protecting our democracy" are cheering the possibility of unelected judges being able to tell voters who they can and can't vote for. Trump hasn't even been convicted, at least not yet.

I don't think the US supreme Court will let this rock, but the fact that judges are allowed to do this is very very bad.

49 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

but the fact that judges are allowed to do this is very very bad.

Looking at the 14th Amendment, I don't see how anybody BUT judges are supposed to be in charge of that whole situation though.  It doesn't describe who's responsible  for determining the criteria for "insurrection", so the only way the clause seems enforceable is in the context of lawsuits.  There's actually more said about how to be "forgiven" for insurrection, than how you're supposed to bar people for doing it.

That said, def surprised that there were 4 judges on that panel who all felt like opening this can of worms.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

58 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It's wild to me that people who are always on about "protecting our democracy" are cheering the possibility of unelected judges being able to tell voters who they can and can't vote for. Trump hasn't even been convicted, at least not yet.

I don't think the US supreme Court will let this rock, but the fact that judges are allowed to do this is very very bad.

Most are expecting the Supreme Court to jump in because if they don't and leave it up to the states on whether they interpret his actions as being enough to not be on the ballot then it's going to be all over the place everywhere.    They haven't announced that they will look into this yet but I'd think that if Trump's lawyers were smart (which is dubious at best when you legit quote "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in official court documents to prevent Jack Smith from expediting the current trials against him)  they'd try to get the Supreme Court to look at this and decide on it before any of the trials against him happen.

Why the fuck should someone who takes a shit on the Constition be allowed to hold any office again, when it explicitly says you can't in the Constitution?

But watch, SCOTUS will definitely reverse it, which will set the precedent that if any President doesn't like the results of the election, they're allowed to throw a temper tantrum and take a shit on the Constitution. And going by who these Justices are and who appointed them, I fully expect that to be the outcome of this. 

The irony is that if that's the way it goes, the Judicial Branch just gave up any checks and balance powers it thought it had over the President. 

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Why the fuck should someone who takes a shit on the Constition be allowed to hold any office again, when it explicitly says you can't in the Constitution?

But watch, SCOTUS will definitely reverse it, which will set the precedent that if any President doesn't like the results of the election, they're allowed to throw a temper tantrum and take a shit on the Constitution. And going by who these Justices are and who appointed them, I fully expect that to be the outcome of this. 

The irony is that if that's the way it goes, the Judicial Branch just gave up any checks and balance powers it thought it had over the President. 

Think about the precedent this sets, especially since Trump hasn't been convicted of anything, at least not yet. Red states could find reasons to remove Democrats from the ballots, in addition to this basically tanking any possibility of elections being decided by popular vote.

Besides, how is it "democratic" for an unelected judge to tell who you can vote for?  Plenty of people who have been elected to office have shit on the Constitution and gotten reelected.

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Think about the precedent this sets, especially since Trump hasn't been convicted of anything, at least not yet. Red states could find reasons to remove Democrats from the ballots, in addition to this basically tanking any possibility of elections being decided by popular vote.

Besides, how is it "democratic" for an unelected judge to tell who you can vote for?  Plenty of people who have been elected to office have shit on the Constitution and gotten reelected.

This was the first time a sitting president incited an insurrection. That may not mean much to you, but I watched it happen in real time, and followed everything that led up to it.  I took the same oath to protect the Constitution that Trump did, and I take it seriously. He forfeited his right to hold office. If you don't see it that way, that's on you. But that's not the way I see it at all. I fucking witnessed that shit, and I'm glad the courts are at least trying to do something about it. I don't want to live under a dictatorship, and that's exactly why the 14th Amendment exists in the first place. 

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Him saying he wants to he dictator for a day is plenty enough to disqualify him, for me.

If the SCOTUS rules that he should remain on the ballot, it is ignoring the plain text of the Constitution, and is in fact placing Trump above the Constitution. And if that happens, he will have become a dictator, uninhibited by our laws. He'll be unchecked by either of the other branches. Congress already let him off the hook when they failed to convict him, and now the Supreme Court may be about to take on an existential threat to its own existence. 

42 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

When it comes to the Supreme Court. The precedent was set in 2000. The Supreme Court decided 5-4, IIRC, that Bush should be President. This opinion I am about to express has nothing to do with legal matters. Neither Trump or Biden should be on the ballot, but they both will be and we are still fucked either way. The fact is that most of the country would rather have neither of these dudes, yet the Democrats and Republicans are going to roll them out anyway, speaks volumes on what's wrong with our country. Of course it could be worse, we could have a leader that was convicted of corruption carpet bombing civilians to take out the terrorist organization he empowered in the first place...

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

If the SCOTUS rules that he should remain on the ballot, it is ignoring the plain text of the Constitution, and is in fact placing Trump above the Constitution. And if that happens, he will have become a dictator, uninhibited by our laws. He'll be unchecked by either of the other branches. Congress already let him off the hook when they failed to convict him, and now the Supreme Court may be about to take on an existential threat to its own existence. 

i doubt he is gonna escape nyc trial uncuffed.

nyc hates him.

with good reason.

we know him.

but hes so slithery...hes a hard one to rope.

hes been getting away with shit his whole life.

but his ego finally caught up with him.

1 hour ago, Genghis_Dong said:

Got to spend the weekend in the hospital with pancreatitis. Shit fucking sucks. I needed a reason to quit drinking and then this came and kicked my ass to hell and back. 

Pancreatitis is no joke mate.

I was hospitalized for 2 weeks due getting pancreatitis due complications with my gallbladder stones.

It can literally kill you 😔

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When it comes to the Supreme Court. The precedent was set in 2000.

And again in 2012 when Gorsuch (current justice on the SCOTUS) kicked Abdul Hassan off the ballot because he was constitutionally ineligible to run for President. Colorado Supreme Court cited this in their own judgment. 

Gorsuch was appointed by Trump. 

Edited by Chadouken
3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

This was the first time a sitting president incited an insurrection. That may not mean much to you, but I watched it happen in real time, and followed everything that led up to it.  I took the same oath to protect the Constitution that Trump did, and I take it seriously. He forfeited his right to hold office. If you don't see it that way, that's on you. But that's not the way I see it at all. I fucking witnessed that shit, and I'm glad the courts are at least trying to do something about it. I don't want to live under a dictatorship, and that's exactly why the 14th Amendment exists in the first place. 

I can respect where you're coming from on this, but the 14th Amendment doesn't say anything about a president, just senators, representatives, etc. It was put in place to keep ex confederates from being able to hold office.  It's being abused in this case, and in a way that is probably going to backfire.

It's a matter of opinion whether Trump incited an insurrection or not, at least until we get a legal ruling so at the best, this is preemptive. And you have to think about how this power could be used against someone who actually would be good for the country but may not be in the good graces of the establishment that we are essentially under a dictatorship of already anyway. I don't think it'll stand but the number of people cheering this while not thinking through the consequences is alarming.

I remember when people thought Obama would institute martial law to stay in power when he was president, and the idea of Trump becoming a dictator sounds like it's coming from the same place to me.

Edited by DoctaMario
32 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I remember when people thought Obama would institute martial law to stay in power when he was president, and the idea of Trump becoming a dictator sounds like it's coming from the same place to me.

Agree to disagree. Even Gore eventually conceded to Bush. Trump not only never conceded but tried to get his own Vice President to stop the transfer of power. When he wouldn't, he riled up his supporters who then broke into the capital screaming "Hang Mike Pence."  Setting his "I'll be dictator on the first day" quip aside. Trump has shown through his own actions that such a fear isn't just the usual partisan BS. If he would have gotten his way, he would still be office in spite of the election results. I mean the man was trying to put the squeeze on election officials in Georgia, who were Republican, to do what he had claimed was done to him and steal the election. He's already tried to illegally maintain the office of President. The man is in his mid 70s and behaved like a spoiled 7 year old that didn't get his way.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Trump is going to win with RFK as VP in a third party.  I can't say anything more. 

What I can say is that DJT was born under a blood moon on a year of jubilee signifying a king or important person in history. Also some of the lefts fears are absolutely justified this time around. He will appear as a tyrannical conqueror but ONLY to American liberals. 

But I really came here to say my mother just now told me she lost my Christmas list and needed me to write it again, now I know for sure I won't get my god damn cotton candy machine. 

Oh and I need Steam pals. Here's my code: 32202544

I have a habit of gifting random hentai games.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Agree to disagree. Even Gore eventually conceded to Bush. Trump not only never conceded but tried to get his own Vice President to stop the transfer of power. When he wouldn't, he riled up his supporters who then broke into the capital screaming "Hang Mike Pence."  Setting his "I'll be dictator on the first day" quip aside. Trump has shown through his own actions that such a fear isn't just the usual partisan BS. If he would have gotten his way, he would still be office in spite of the election results. I mean the man was trying to put the squeeze on election officials in Georgia, who were Republican, to do what he had claimed was done to him and steal the election. He's already tried to illegally maintain the office of President. The man is in his mid 70s and behaved like a spoiled 7 year old that didn't get his way.

I don't see it. Trump is a classic bully in that if someone actually stands up to him, he folds fast, and there are plenty of examples from his presidency where he wanted to do something, was told no, and it was never spoken of again.

Of course, this would require somebody not being a pussy and standing up to him and nobody seems interested in doing that.

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't see it. Trump is a classic bully in that if someone actually stands up to him, he folds fast, and there are plenty of examples from his presidency where he wanted to do something, was told no, and it was never spoken of again.

Of course, this would require somebody not being a pussy and standing up to him and nobody seems interested in doing that.

Well...didn't the people who actually tried to tell Trump no get replaced?

12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Whether I agreed with them or not the biggest strength of the Republican party in comparison to the Democrats was their backbone. They didn't care if how they were viewed if they wanted to do something and could, they would. Well now they don't have that advantage. Trump has made them just as spineless as the Democrats. The Republicans that will stand up to him are few and far between. He talked about Ted Cruz's wife like a dog and Ted has done nothing but kiss his ass. It's pathetic. The few Republicans that do stand up to him, get punished by the party. They should exchange their Elephant for a Jellyfish.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Remember when George HW Bush lost in 1992 and led an insurrection at the capital?

Good times.

Remember when 1.1 million died in the US from COVID as opposed to 12k of H1 N1 in 2009?

Good times.

Someone could have just followed the black guy from Chicagos infectious disease protocols and we wouldn't have cared if he "took" the credit if it meant less lives were lost.

It's a shame Bob Woodwards interviews are thorough.

8 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I eltemember when people thought Obama would institute martial law to stay in power when he was president, and the idea of Trump becoming a dictator sounds like it's coming from the same place to me.

Yea no one with half a brain believed this, Obama was never going to institute Martial Law to stay in power, that was just racist fear mongering because a black man was president. 

On the other hand Trump is on tape saying "I want to be Dictator for a day" and that should concern the fuck out of you because no-one is Dictator for a day, that's not how that works. 

If you really believe Obama was gonna institute Martial Law and Trump would only be Dictator for a day then I have Ocean Front Porperty in AZ to sell you, it's really affordable, trust me. 

Edited by RSG3
17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

When it comes to the Supreme Court. The precedent was set in 2000. The Supreme Court decided 5-4, IIRC, that Bush should be President. This opinion I am about to express has nothing to do with legal matters. Neither Trump or Biden should be on the ballot, but they both will be and we are still fucked either way. The fact is that most of the country would rather have neither of these dudes, yet the Democrats and Republicans are going to roll them out anyway, speaks volumes on what's wrong with our country. Of course it could be worse, we could have a leader that was convicted of corruption carpet bombing civilians to take out the terrorist organization he empowered in the first place...

This is why I keep preaching to the general public that if you vote for Trump or if you vote for Biden then you are the problem, not them. Also, if you want change then don't vote for the Republicans and don't vote for the Democrats.

X-men's Greatest Moments:

X-men TAS Season 1 finale

"The Final Decision"   (1993)

The X-men grapple with a difficult choice as Senator Kelly is kidnapped by Master Mold...

X-men TAS Season 2 finale

" Reunion"   (1994)

After being manipulated by Sinister the whole Season, it comes to a climax as Magnus teams up with the X-men to defeat their captors.

50 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

X-men's Greatest Moments:

X-men TAS Season 1 finale

"The Final Decision"   (1993)

The X-men grapple with a difficult choice as Senator Kelly is kidnapped by Master Mold...

X-men TAS Season 2 finale

" Reunion"   (1994)

After being manipulated by Sinister the whole Season, it comes to a climax as Magnus teams up with the X-men to defeat their captors.

I was really tired the other day and my gf wanted me to stay up with her until our last load of laundry was done. She asked me super nice and sweetly to stay up with her but I was pretty much asleep on the couch as she was trying to convince me UNTIL she put on X-Men TAS. 

I started jamming out to the theme and then it was just off to the fucking races when it came to X-men canon and lore. We watched like 3 episodes and the entire time I was breaking down everything I can think of as it was happening and who it was happening to. 

She’s also very confused and weirdly angry by gambit. My gf was born and raised in Louisiana and she’s creole. She kept asking me questions about Gambits origins and she was like “HE’S FROM NEW ORELANS! He can’t be Cajun! That’s not where Cajuns are from!” And she was like “he’s using all these different regional slangs and tones but he’s using them in the wrong context or he’s using slang that isn’t native to Cajun it’s more creole” 

the entire time I was like “babe, iunno what to tell you. He’s from New Orleans and he was raised by some thief’s and assassins guild. He’s married to rogue and they have cats. That’s all I know!” And she screamed at me one point “MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!”

7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

If you really believe Obama was gonna institute Martial Law and Trump would only be Dictator for a day then I have Ocean Front Porperty in AZ to sell you, it's really affordable, trust me. 

Obama fired around 120 military generals to insure the military was strictly loyal to him. That was one big tipoff. He is also known to have a Muslim background so conservatives and Christians were not going to trust him. He was also so anti Christian that many thought he was the Son of Perdition (he's not). 

54 minutes ago, Jion_Wansu said:

This is why I keep preaching to the general public that if you vote for Trump or if you vote for Biden then you are the problem, not them. Also, if you want change then don't vote for the Republicans and don't vote for the Democrats.

Donald J Trump is a political apocalypse. We know that. We are tired of bought and paid for politicians pussyfooting around not doing shit. Tired of corruption in high places. Being called goddamn Nazi's. Being told everything is my fault because I'm white (well enough that anything else I am doesn't matter). Being told I'm part of an oppressive patriarchy. Tired of being told  how great all these brown people that want me dead are. Tired of China screwing us.  Tired of being the laughing stock of Earth.

I could go on.  

I want to drop Trump down on Washington, I hope he hangs 99% of the politicians and burns it to the ground, disappears and never opens his fucking mouth again.

Oh and fuck China fast and hard.

31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

She’s also very confused and weirdly angry by gambit. My gf was born and raised in Louisiana and she’s creole. She kept asking me questions about Gambits origins and she was like “HE’S FROM NEW ORELANS! He can’t be Cajun! That’s not where Cajuns are from!” And she was like “he’s using all these different regional slangs and tones but he’s using them in the wrong context or he’s using slang that isn’t native to Cajun it’s more creole” 

the entire time I was like “babe, iunno what to tell you. He’s from New Orleans and he was raised by some thief’s and assassins guild. He’s married to rogue and they have cats. That’s all I know!” And she screamed at me one point “MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!”

I like how she ignores all the complexities around Gambit and Rogue's relationship and goes straight to Gambit's Cajun origins LOL

26 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I like how she ignores all the complexities around Gambit and Rogue's relationship and goes straight to Gambit's Cajun origins LOL

I told her if it helps he dunks Jean grey super hard during one of Thanksgiving (Xmas?) episodes where he points out she’s a basic white girl who doesn’t know how to season her food while they’re cooking together. 😂

Edited by iStu X