Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 minutes ago, JHDK said:

I haven't actually HAD and Founders since 2018 or so, lol.

I did not know that they had been bought out.

They did, actually, but so did Bells and I kinda mixed those two together in my head lol. 

Both are older Michigan brewers that only have one beer that I like, so I put them in the same compartment 

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

They did, actually, but so did Bells and I kinda mixed those two together in my head lol. 

Both are older Michigan brewers that only have one beer that I like, so I put them in the same compartment 

I really, really liked Founders' Imperial Stout, in the winter, when it was a good year.

Sometimes it would be off, imo.

And I absolutely LOVED their Devil Dancer.

That shit was insanely good.

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I play both modern and old school games. Plus mahvel is still an active online scene. Just look at Max's tournament.. Thousands of views, Tampa never sleeps just ran a tournament a few weeks ago as well

Then I'm surprised you actually don't own it already. I think that's where my confusion is spawning from

17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

???

Bill Burr presented a Latin Grammy at the award show. After butchering the name of the winning artist and song he made a joke about why a cis white male like him was chosen to present the Latin stuff. This sent twitter into it's usual outrage frenzy failing to realize Bill is taking the piss on himself for fucking up the names. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
11 minutes ago, scorp said:

Then I'm surprised you actually don't own it already. I think that's where my confusion is spawning from

I think for a long time I felt scared about trying to get into it. Mahvel series is the one game I've legit felt intimidated by. I went to Chinatown fair arcade in 2004 and got scarred lmfao. I've always wanted to get into it but just that initial introduction from that Mvc2 asswhooping and the fact my adhd had really a hard time focusing on what was going on just kept me away. 

Tekken/SC series was way easier for. Me. To understand and dive into so I just stayed focused on that with the occasional diversion into other games. But mostly. My fighting game energy was in tekken 

Edited by Maxx
27 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I just learned about the Grammy bullshit with Bill Burr. I can't imagine being outrage over a joke going over my head. 

Yeah idiots calling him racist. Dude has been married to his black wife for what 12 years? Then when they found that out, as per usual, they didn't admit fault. They  just doubled down on  their stupidity. Some dudes response was the most racist shit I've seen on the subject that thus far. Basically implying that his wife was his sex slave. Then when he got called out on it, he said "I wasn't talking about Bill Burr." Motherfucker you responded to a post about Bill Burr and said that nonsense. Fucking Twitter is a blight on society.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah idiots calling kim racist. Dude has been married to his black wife for what 12 years? Then when they found that out, as per usual, they didn't admit fault. They  just doubled down on  their stupidity. Some dudes response was the most racist shit I've seen on the subject that thus far. Basically implying that his wife was his sex slave. Then when he got called out on it, he said "I wasn't talking about Bill Burr." It's motherfucker you responded to a post about Bill Burr and said that nonsense. Fucking Twitter is a blight on society.

Twitter is a spotlight upon the areas of blight.

The problem is they are given power, rather than being shamed and shunned.

Re: Atlanta Shootings

"The Associated Press spoke to a man who went to high school with Long. Nico Straughan described Long as "super nice, super Christian" and "very quiet." He said Long walked around high school with a Bible."

Jesus christ, I'll never get over the ridiculousness of Americans thinking someone religious can't be a bad person.

4 minutes ago, scorp said:

Jesus christ, I'll never get over the ridiculousness of Americans thinking someone religious can't be a bad person.

THERE 👏 WAS 👏  AN  👏 ENTIRE 👏 WAR 👏 WAGED 👏 BECAUSE 👏 OF 👏RELIGION

I will never get why it is so hard to forget that religious people are still PEOPLE.

Edited by OPTIMUS124

The fact that the spokesperson made this incident look like the people in the shop were at fault for being there because he had a bad day is abhorrent. From a PR perspective, this is worth losing your job over. 

Then you have that he was supposedly some saint because reasons. I'm sick of this kind of narrative being put out there. Who does this serve?

6 minutes ago, scorp said:

"The Associated Press spoke to a man who went to high school with Long. Nico Straughan described Long as "super nice, super Christian" and "very quiet." He said Long walked around high school with a Bible."

A billboard, outside of a local church in my town:

Christians aren't perfect; only forgiven.

You can practically SMELL the arrogance and caprice.

1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The fact that the spokesperson made this incident look like the people in the shop were at fault for being there because he had a bad day is abhorrent. From a PR perspective, this is worth losing your job over. 

Then you have that he was supposedly some saint because reasons. I'm sick of this kind of narrative being put out there. Who does this serve?

I mean... He's a white christian. He can't possibly be a bad person.

25 minutes ago, scorp said:

Lmfaooo it's almost as if anyone can be a killer

23 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Justin Long, Once the ‘I’m a Mac’ Guy, Is Now Trashing Mac in Ads

then

now

Never trust the taste of a dude who dated a slag who literally cannot see straight.

Edited by JHDK
7 hours ago, Lord Vega said:

I descended to Hell and ascended to Heaven. I am Lucifer and Jesus.  I rule the Universe from Hell and Heaven. I am ruler of all I survey. 

Ah.  Somebody's hitting the Everclear today.  You will DAMN SURE do some traveling when that stuff hits.  Not in a straight line but................well, you'll see.  Not clearly, but you'll see.  

Speaking of religion, have you prayed before the porcelain throne?  Don't worry..................  YOU WILL.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Dawg the police are doing olympic mental gymnastics to not say this was a racially motivated shooting lmfao. Reading how he went after Asian massage parlors because he believed they are sexual in nature but it's fucking Atlanta and has 1000 strip clubs. Sure my number #1 thinking for sexual is Def not gonna be a fucking strip club smh

I'm probably gonna regret this, but.....................

Please link me to the story you're talking about.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Dawg the police are doing olympic mental gymnastics to not say this was a racially motivated shooting lmfao. Reading how he went after Asian massage parlors because he believed they are sexual in nature but it's fucking Atlanta and has 1000 strip clubs. Sure my number #1 thinking for sexual is Def not gonna be a fucking strip club smh

The shooter himself said it wasn't racially motivated according to the atlanta Journal Constitution article I read. People just don't want to believe that for some reason, as if race is the only reason a white person would want to shoot somebody. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

But I imagine he'd have been more likely to get laid at a massage parlor than a strip club. 

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, JHDK said:

I really, really liked Founders' Imperial Stout, in the winter, when it was a good year.

Sometimes it would be off, imo.

And I absolutely LOVED their Devil Dancer.

That shit was insanely good.

That is an AMAZING beer. I love imperial stouts in general but theirs is a really good one. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

wow.  I bet he blessed the water fountains and said grace before every snack too.

...................I hope somebody scrubbed his internet history.  I'm just sayin.

58 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Ah.  Somebody's hitting the Everclear today.  You will do some traveling when that stuff hits.  Speaking of religion, have you prayed before the porcelain throne?  YOU WILL.

If you read the Bible you will realize that both Jesus and Lucifer are the same person. They are Morningstar. I don't drink. Did you quote my comment so that these religion bashers like scorp will see it? Keep on doing that. I want him to be triggered by me. 

Edited by Lord Vega