Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Bro, I can almost guarantee you nobody's thinking about this stuff when they rob Walgreens or Walmart. Those just happen to be there and have the stuff people want.

You want to better society, giving a pass on people committing crimes because the entities they're committing against suck isn't the way

I guess it's a good thing I never said any of this. They choose Walmart and Walgreens because everyone else is out of business because of Walmart and Walgreens. It's the only place to rob left for a lot of people, only place worth robbing around them. 

And I never said give a pass to people committing crimes. I said arresting people isn't going to fix the problem, and I listed a bunch of shit we need to fix that would do a lot more to fix the problem. 

I dunno where any of your response to my post came from. 

Edited by RSG3
11 hours ago, J-ride said:

Letting these "youths" run amok in cities and commit crimes without ANY repercussions is not exactly going to make people sympathetic to their plight.  It's just putting gasoline on the fire.  Eventually store owners are going to get tired of the crime and close up shop for good.

That's the thing, though. The system in place was designed for what it was intended to do. The offenders are used as pawns to display that. And when we are inherently about self interest rooted from our own biology, that's profitable across the board to corporations. It's indiscriminate, which is why they will never do anything about that.

Much of what previous and recent generations were taught to believe were from a motive in which only benefits the founders who started it in the first place. It's despair born of hope basically. Not necessarily a genius move from them, but just very much human.

45 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I guess it's a good thing I never said any of this. They choose Walmart and Walgreens because everyone else is out of business because of Walmart and Walgreens. It's the only place to rob left for a lot of people, only place worth robbing around them. 

And I never said give a pass to people committing crimes. I said arresting people isn't going to fix the problem, and I listed a bunch of shit we need to fix that would do a lot more to fix the problem. 

I dunno where any of your response to my post came from. 

You said something to the effect of "people rob Walmart because they hate Walmart and want them to leave the community." If that's not what you meant, correct me, but that's how it read.

You also said you didn't necessarily disapprove of people stealing from these places. Arresting people WILL fix the problem, at least more than just letting them do it. I'm not a big fan of the cops or corporations, but holding people who steal accountable is part of having a non-shitty society.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

You said something to the effect of "people rob Walmart because they hate Walmart and want them to leave the community." If that's not what you meant, correct me, but that's how it read.

No I said they don't give a fuck about robbing places like Walmart and Walgreens and shit for those reasons. Like no one cares about these corporate giants anymore and in the face of desperation, rent, food, Yada Yada they will rob them.  I didn't say they rob them to chase them out I said they are all that's left so they rob them and no one cares about them in those communities anymore. 

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

You also said you didn't necessarily disapprove of people stealing from these places. Arresting people WILL fix the problem, at least more than just letting them do it. I'm not a big fan of the cops or corporations, but holding people who steal accountable is part of having a non-shitty society

No I said I don't approve or disapprove. I don't think theft will fix the problem but I also don't give a single fuck about Walmart or Walgreens I think they are a corporate cancer on our country that robs is daily of its true value. Far as I'm concerned both Walmart and Walgreens are far far bigger thieves then their shop lifter are, wage theft is the largest theft in America but no ones calling for CEO arrests. Shoplifting from those places won't effect any kind of meaningful change tho. 

Just like how arresting the shop lifters won't change anything. 

Edited by RSG3
8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Note:...it's not anywhere near as bad as Die Another Day caaaause I'm assuming she's alive.

Supposedly she died.

At least with the reports associated to the video.

Either way, still not gruesome as a video someone casually sent to me once via whatsapp, where a Russian steel worker ended as minced meat when he got stuck and getting pulled in by lathe machine.

That shit was utterly horrible and the aftermath scene is also horrifying.

Don't recommend watch either the video (even if is grainy cctv footage) or the pretty graphic pics of the report.

Edit

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2022/06/husband-of-shelby-county-worker-who-died-in-industrial-accident-awarded-3-million-in-wrongful-death-suit.html

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Ohio Republican Candidate Wants Reparations for Union Civil War Soldiers: ‘White People Died To Free Black People’

This tweet blew up

Just like that rocket.

Yes getting your 40 story building into the air is impressive but I'm fairly certain you're gonna have a hard time convincing astronauts to strap themselves to that after this demonstration.

Also did not know there was an actual gender studies degree.

18 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Just like that rocket.

Yes getting your 40 story building into the air is impressive but I'm fairly certain you're gonna have a hard time convincing astronauts to strap themselves to that after this demonstration.

Mate, even I on Honduras knew about the useless gender studies degree, lol

Specially because it has been the most common degree between the feminists turds for over more than a decade.

Edit

In fact, is such a useless degree that is basically banned on most universities in latin america, outside Argentina which as you may expect, is ridden with the feminist type that would study it.

Edited by Hecatom
8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

It's real, but the way people use it in student debt arguments has nothing to do with reality.

There are way more people graduating with STEM degrees that can only get shit jobs than people even taking gender studies courses.  Meanwhile I know companies hiring Diversity & Inclusion positions paying like $180k.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

No, he lived to be 70 fucking 7. If God's real he's incompetent at best, malicious and vindictive at worst. 

Have you seen through James Webb Telescope's eye recently? A god or gods of that, would be completely indifferent to us. We're not even a spec of dust relatively, we're smaller than that. To paraphrase Sagan, the only thing we'll find that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.

Cunts like Thomas Robb are hellishly misinformed, but make no mistake that wasn't any god that was us.

I don't even get the point of the blue check now. I checked Twitter Blue's features, and they're not that necessary. Yeah, you can edit/unsend tweets within a timeframe, but that's mitigated by checking things over before you tweet. You can post super-long tweets, but how many are going to read those? The rest of the features aren't gamechangers in the least. The biggest feature of the check was verification, and that's gone now.

After these messages, we'll be righttttt back!

*timestamp here--- I forgot about "party-line" phone numbers until now---- this and those "phone sex" numbers are definitely an alien concept to the younger end of the Millenial and Gen Z, I'm sure....

*actually, even at the time a "party line" sounded pretty weird to me...to call and it's a phone version of a big "chat room" with strangers all talking at once?!  Bruh...

Edited by MillionX

342950526_583657650402158_13543276923926

Free 1 night Redbox Blu-ray or DVD Movie Rental

www.redbox.com – enter code: DVDFAM to get a Free 1 night Redbox Blu-ray or DVD Movie Rental. Expires 4/23.

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

Where are you exactly?

I made a typo there. I am not in Canada, just clarifying. I meant any tips on learning deutsche since you said you grew up with Germans or something?

Stealing Doctamario's idea..

What movie have you bought the most on different  formats?

No big surprise what mine is lol  (Deep breath )

1986 Transformers: The Movie

I never saw it when it originally came out (I was 4 and lived in Belize.)

When we moved to St Thomas in 1987, I tried to ask my mom to look for it but I guess being a small place they never got it.

I only saw the film in 1998 at age 16.

1998 Canadian VHS  (one of the first time ordering things online) It was released in clamshell packaging by Malofilm.

2000 - Kid Rhino DVD - decent picture, but only one extra. FYI this is the only one with the original theatrical poster as the cover art.

2006 - Sony DVD      -    Same a/v quality but lot of special features.  This had the cool "motion" cover by Don Figueroa shifting between 84/85 and 86 characters.

2016 - Shout Factory Bluray  - Had a steelbook!  Good a/v and collected all the prev features and had some new ones

2021 - Shout Factory 4k/BD  -   Despite not having a 4k bd player, the standard bluray picture improved 20% especially with colors and glowing effects.  Also a steelbook!

For movies it's definitely The Lost Boys (ha, what a surprise there)--- I had it on VHS, then later a dvd (as part of a collection that included 2 and 3), blu-ray and now the 4k version, which is naturally the crown jewel of my collection.  It's such a great thing to see one of your all-time favorites in glorious 4k quality on a big screen.

I also have the Indiana Jones collection on dvd and 4k.

47 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Stealing Doctamario's idea..

What movie have you bought the most on different  formats?

No big surprise what mine is lol  (Deep breath )

1986 Transformers: The Movie

I never saw it when it originally came out (I was 4 and lived in Belize.)

When we moved to St Thomas in 1987, I tried to ask my mom to look for it but I guess being a small place they never got it.

I only saw the film in 1998 at age 16.

1998 Canadian VHS  (one of the first time ordering things online) It was released in clamshell packaging by Malofilm.

2000 - Kid Rhino DVD - decent picture, but only one extra. FYI this is the only one with the original theatrical poster as the cover art.

2006 - Sony DVD      -    Same a/v quality but lot of special features.  This had the cool "motion" cover by Don Figueroa shifting between 84/85 and 86 characters.

2016 - Shout Factory Bluray  - Had a steelbook!  Good a/v and collected all the prev features and had some new ones

2021 - Shout Factory 4k/BD  -   Despite not having a 4k bd player, the standard bluray picture improved 20% especially with colors and glowing effects.  Also a steelbook!

I'm not much of a movie guy, but I bought Ghostbusters on both VHS and DVD 🤣

9 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I made a typo there. I am not in Canada, just clarifying. I meant any tips on learning deutsche since you said you grew up with Germans or something?

The keys to learning German as an English speaker are a few things I've learned over the years as someone who is still learning everyday how to speak, write, and read the language. Like learning any language, it is a bit of a task but it is very much achievable by yourself if you practice 15 minutes everyday. If you are trying to learn German beyond everyday phrases, understanding how the grammar and vocabulary works compared to English will help you a ton.

1. Vocabulary

This is probably the most obvious one. You will only get better at this as you spend more time with the language. This could be from visiting a German speaking area of the world, reading German newspaper, listening to German musik (my fav way to learn words), or simply sitting on Google translate and finding translations of individual words you may be curious about. (I would not trust it for actually forming sentences with multiple clauses or any of that.) Listening to Google speak the translation out loud will help you. German vowel sounds are not the same as English.

2. Der, Die, Das (Means "The" in English)

These are three "gender" noun categories (it is an arbitrary term)  in Deutsch. Der, masculine. Die, feminine. Das, neuter. Each noun falls under one of these categories and is made grammatically correct based on what kind of sentence you are trying to make. This chart explains it pretty well.

Spoiler

The best tips and tricks to learn German articles (der, die ...

Some funny examples of this are:

The Fork = die Gabel

The Spoon = der Loeffel

The Knife = das Messer

Gender categories are a somewhat foreign concept to English speakers and it is something that may take some time getting used to 3 different categories. Perhaps if you took a language course in high school or college, this might come easier to you.

3. Conjugation

To make sentences or words grammatically correct in Deutsch, requires conjugation. Conjugation lets someone know if they are talking in the past, present, future, about themselves, someone else, a group of people, formal, and informal. This will help you out immensely when learning to read and speak German in the beginning.

Spoiler

German Verb Conjugation Adjusted with Person as Subject | Download  Scientific Diagram

4. Suffixes and Prefixes

Learning to spot prefixes and suffixes can help you understand a new word very quickly and even decipher words you have heard for the first time. This can help you spot exactly what the noun or adjective is trying to convey very quickly.

Spoiler

Tips & Tricks 8 | Adjectives with Suffix -lich | German Language Course -  YouTube

Tips & Tricks 4 | Nouns with Suffix -tät | German Language Course - YouTube

German prefixes and suffixes: MindManager mind map template | Biggerplate

5. Learn simple phrases.

Maybe I should have started with this one, but it's the most fun part of learning a new language. Most German speaking people also speak English so even if you are having a hard time with the language in a foreign country, you will usually at least get a pat on the back for trying.

Spoiler

Hello = Guten Tag / Hallo

Goodbye = Auf wiedersehen / Tschuess

Sorry = Entschuldigung (Suffixes and prefixes here!!!)

Thank you = Danke Schoene

Please = Bitte

My name is = Ich heisse / Mein Name ist

I am from = Ich komme aus

I live in = Ich wohne in

How are you? = Wie gehts?

I would like a beer, please = Ich moechte ein Bier, bitte

This blog post has lots of good starting points https://blog.busuu.com/common-german-phrases/

I am obviously over-simplifying this and most of my experience with German has been with Canadians who happened to speak German. Most importantly though, have fun learning. It is a silly language at times and some of the native speakers really don't have a sense of humor about it which makes it more amusing lol.

Edited by elliephil
40 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I am obviously over-simplifying this and most of my experience with German has been with Canadians who happened to speak German. Most importantly though, have fun learning. It is a silly language at times and some of the native speakers really don't have a sense of humor about it which makes it more amusing lol.

Thanks. This is really helpful. I'll try to learn some easier sentences first.

I was watching a video on irregular verbs and was thinking 'this shit is gonna be difficult"

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

For movies it's definitely The Lost Boys (ha, what a surprise there)--- I had it on VHS, then later a dvd (as part of a collection that included 2 and 3), blu-ray and now the 4k version, which is naturally the crown jewel of my collection.  It's such a great thing to see one of your all-time favorites in glorious 4k quality on a big screen.

I also have the Indiana Jones collection on dvd and 4k.

I need to pick up the Lost Boys in 4K. Fucking love that movie!

Edited by Chadouken
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

My homeboy keep inviting me to bring my gf and come to Atlanta so we can go on a double date. No fam, I don't want to fuck your wife and you definitely not clapping my gf.

Aint no orgy finna go down, playa. Besides, my girl will find me another girl if we want to get down like that. Hard pass 🤣

He could be on the down low.

You never know?