Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Kotaku previously called her "a rising star" lol

Professional Tekken player Tanukana has been booted from Osaka-based esports team Cyclops Athlete Gaming for remarks she made about men’s heights during a livestream.

Cyclops Athlete Gaming competes in first-person shooters like PUBG, Call of Duty, and Rainbow Six Siege as well as fighting games like Tekken. She has been featured in the mainstream Japanese press, including this clip from newspaper Kobe Shimbun. She was, as Kotaku’s Ian Walker previously wrote, a rising star.

In a February 15 stream, Tanukana said, “Men who are under 170 cm (5 ft 6.9 in) don’t have human rights.” She added they should look into getting bone-lengthening surgery. (According to Healthline, the average height for men in Japan is 170.8 cm or 5 ft 7.2 in.)

In Japanese, the word for human rights is jinken (人権). But in gaming parlance, jinken refers to an item or character that all players need to have. On Twitter, a debate has ensued over whether the slang led to Tanukana’s remark.

12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Kotaku previously called her "a rising star" lol

Professional Tekken player Tanukana has been booted from Osaka-based esports team Cyclops Athlete Gaming for remarks she made about men’s heights during a livestream.

Cyclops Athlete Gaming competes in first-person shooters like PUBG, Call of Duty, and Rainbow Six Siege as well as fighting games like Tekken. She has been featured in the mainstream Japanese press, including this clip from newspaper Kobe Shimbun. She was, as Kotaku’s Ian Walker previously wrote, a rising star.

In a February 15 stream, Tanukana said, “Men who are under 170 cm (5 ft 6.9 in) don’t have human rights.” She added they should look into getting bone-lengthening surgery. (According to Healthline, the average height for men in Japan is 170.8 cm or 5 ft 7.2 in.)

In Japanese, the word for human rights is jinken (人権). But in gaming parlance, jinken refers to an item or character that all players need to have. On Twitter, a debate has ensued over whether the slang led to Tanukana’s remark.

Japanese FGC seems pretty based, not gonna lie.

By the way, she's right. Midgets are subhumans, change my mind. 1.0

Home from work. 

Time to start the party. 

Spoiler

Participating in more matches now. 
I am trying to find some more combo routes for Luong and Mai. I need 500 units of damage for 2 bars/full Max Mode off of a close heavy normal. 

The video is only stuff from the previous demo in preparation for the release date (which was today), with those videos focusing on Kohren/Mary/Terry. 

Kyo / Mai / Luong are my main focus right now (and, I plan extend this shortly. I can't wait for Geese Howard to grace us with his presence again). 

25 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Chun seems broken

too bad Ryu and Ken didn't have partner abilities

Depending on what yoou play and where, Chun might legit win on the spot. That or she is gonna give you so much value that your opponent can't keep up. The one smart thing about these is that none of them cost 2. That's always the danger zone for a lot of stuff.

Dhalsim might end up being really good in EDH. Ryu is a giant w/e. He is more green/white than he is straight white. Gief is not in the black at all. Guile is kinda right. Ken is only red because he has a red gi and has flames. Sim probably should've been mono white and Honda mono red. Chun is blue mostly for her attire as opposed to anything about the character too TBH; should've been mono white.

All in all the selections and abilities are weird. Ryu sucks all the fucking dicks. If anybody at Capcom knows how top lay magic, they should've thrown the Ryu card straight in the trash and told them to come back with something better.

33 minutes ago, Sonero said:

According to whom?

You got leaks that you're hiding from us?

I mean I got leaks but I'm not hiding them, it was part of the Capcom data breach. I can't find the specific one that mentioned the platforms anymore but I definitely saw that part on there as well  (together with a planned release in Q3 of this year).

On 2/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, Mr.Cipher said:

I don't think kgeeping things down and making things limited makes for a fun game.

Sure it's easier to balance, but it feels bland and boring in the end.

I want a cast of characters where everyone is strong as fuck and got lots of things to play with.

The former has been Capcom's (well, let's be honest, most fighting game companies' but especially capcom's) balancing philosophy. It's almost sad to go back to earlier versions of a game and see how strong the charactersl were before they got nerfed into oblivion.

The only thing that ever feels bland and boring is having bland and boring tools. Characters should feel like they are doing strong stuff. Doesn't need to be a lot, but it definitely needs to make the player feel good for using them.

Seriously, it's not like you were playing with that many tools in a lot of older games. On a practical level you have way more combos and random things now than you did in a chunk of the older games.

Buuuut In a lot of those older games you feel overall stronger because while you're doing less stuff, that less stuff is/feels stronger or better than what you do in some of the modern games.

I don't like the game but I also don't want them to shit all over it. Having companies shit all over the last version of the game kinda sucks. If you play this game actively for funsies, then how you feel is just as valid as competitive players.

But you know, they finally have this game in a place where SF5 players can feel they aren't mouth breathers and you want them to toss all that out.

Yeah sure, fuck it, throw sprinkles on the game.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I don't like the game but I also don't want them to shit all over it. Having companies shit all over the last version of the game kinda sucks. If you play this game actively for funsies, then how you feel is just as valid as competitive players.

But you know, they finally have this game in a place where SF5 players can feel they aren't mouth breathers and you want them to toss all that out.

Yeah sure, fuck it, throw sprinkles on the game.

yeah if you ask me i have only to offer pretty selfish stance, wich basically you can sum up in make me hyped to download the last patch and try all new flashy shit 😄 

Essentially capcom can make me happy with SF4's omega mode style gimmick (wich gave me lot fun back then), but iirc we already know we will get nothing like that for V, just a patch... so my best hope is them going wild with the patch lol

20 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

yeah if you ask me i have only to offer pretty selfish stance,

A lot of people have selfish stances, they just pretend they don't. I have 0 issues with you wanting this as a consumer. It's just that for the long term playability of the game, one more patch to boost power levels is fine. Turning the game into weird gibberish is a loss to the people who would play it consistently long term.

Kind of how the people who want a balance patch to 3S the most are the ones who play it the least.  People are straight out lying about how much they'd play any one game if they were catered to. But if you are actively playing something, it's only fair to ask for what you like.

18 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

looks like i'm forced to be boros and buy tons red staple for commander

You know what's funny?

They had a good chance to do  a flip card with Ryu and have him go from Regular Ryu to E.Ryu.

that said, I am dreading going by the local card shop because I know somebody there is gonna hit me with this bullshit. I used to run weeklies out of it since I knew I'm homies with the owner. They also know I hate current WoTC and these cross overs.

Gonna have to take nunchucks to fight these mofos if I show up again.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

A lot of people have selfish stances, they just pretend they don't. I have 0 issues with you wanting this as a consumer. It's just that for the long term playability of the game, one more patch to boost power levels is fine. Turning the game into weird gibberish is a loss to the people who would play it consistently long term.

Kind of how the people who want a balance patch to 3S the most are the ones who play it the least.  People are straight out lying about how much they'd play any one game if they were catered to. But if you are actively playing something, it's only fair to ask for what you like.

Yeah some stances are just opposite despite product being the same, guess it's inevitable speaking about something that cater to very different audiences

Easy example that come to mind is cast size

If you ask me that just love SF character designs, want to see as many martial arts/nations represented, as much variety as possible and on general have like 5-6 "main" (lol) while playing bit on the side also everybody else... giant cast is best

If you ask pro/serious competitive player who's going to study frams matchups and shit, he wish cast stop grow as soon he have his old main in the pocket lol

I dream a SF with 100 char he dream one with 10, guess we should be both happy we get middle way lol 😄