Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

I was mad at first, but I was enjoying Daigo doing Daigo shit.

Now lets hope close normals return....and no comeback mechanics. Please, please, please no comeback mechanics or I...wait I don't have a PS5 or a good ass gaming PC. I can't play SF6. LETS FUCKING GO PUT XFACTOR, ULTRAS AND VTRIGGERS IN THIS GAME.

ArcSys debuts a game, puts out a trailer with all sorts of rocking out stuff. Capcom does a game, shit looks like its an NFT drop.

Fuck this shit ass company with their unhype garbage trailer. We all know you were working on the game already. Could've shown anything.

W/e, bring in Vanguard. Seriously the project L announcement years ago had more gameplay  than this.

Just now, Hecatom said:

Lol at the overreaction  of the people on the studio.

Its dumb. ArcSys is literally dunking on them even on simple ass trailers.

The company that did the Alex Trailer after Balrog and Ibuki dropped has just come back with a brand new game. Great, everybody wins.

Did I ever tell you guys how good SF5 was and is? Gawd game. SF6 is trash already.

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

Still sold decently at launch. Sony rushed Capcom for the worse.

Even then they've constantly had the game on sale, stream numbers for SF5 are normally higher than most games before the release of Strive. Anything on the official CapcomFighters channel gets hella viewers. 

This game has lead them to do a lot of cross promotion etc. I think the game sucks but it has not been a failure at all. Hell SF5 streamers are the ones doing the best on youtube.

Game is a lot of stuff now but failure isn't one of then.

Capcom's goal was 2 million by the end of March 2016. They hit 1.4 million. Which doesn't sound to bad until they dropped their end of 2016 numbers. By the end of December 2016, they sold 1.5 million. Yes the game sold 1.4 million the first six weeks and 100,000 the rest of the year.

https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/street-fighter-v-sales-saw-massive-drop/

The game fell it's face out of the gate. I never said the game was  a failure. I said the games sales didn't take off until Arcade Edition dropped. Which had the content gamers expected at launch.

Edit: I just saw the SFVI "reveal". Dafuq was that. Makes the typical DBFZ character reveal seem like character breakdown in comparison. At least bearded Ryu seems to finally be the default and Luke looks less like a tool. But no gameplay after a week countdown 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The game fell it's face out of the gate. I never said the game was  a failure. I said the games sales didn't take off until Arcade Edition dropped. Which had the content gamers expected at launch.

Didn't say you were, I was adding on to the convo that started from Cipher.

either way, this SF6 trailer is trash. These might as well be NRS characters with the way they look.

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Capcom's goal was 2 million by the end of March 2016. They hit 1.4 million. Which doesn't sound to bad until they dropped their end of 2016 numbers. By the end of December 2016, they sold 1.5 million. Yes the game sold 1.4 million the first six weeks and 100,000 the rest of the year.

https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/street-fighter-v-sales-saw-massive-drop/

Edit: I just saw the SFVI "reveal". Dafuq was that. Makes the typical DBFZ character reveal seem like character breakdown in comparison. At least bearded Ryu seems to finally be the default and Luke looks less like a tool. But no gameplay after a week countdown 😑

It took them 3 or 4 years to meet the goal of 2 millions.

Meanwhile DBFZ and Tekken both tripled their goal in less than a year, each hitting over 5 million

7 hours ago, delete_me said:

I'm 99% certain it's SFVI but I also think it'll only be some kind of teaser, like showing just a glimpse of gameplay and maybe Ryu's and Luke's new design followed by a "stay tuned" or something.

Wow, I was almost on point with that. Bit lame we didn't get at least a few seconds of gameplay.

Not feeling Ryu's design at all, he looks like a Gorilla. Luke looks decent at least, way better than the goofy SFV version. Shading and colours overall maybe a tad too realistic, I hope it doesn't look like a SF take on Mortal Kombat in the end and that we still have a big variety of designs and body types. Too bad it looks like it'll be radio silence until summer, they might as well have hold off the announcement until then to be honest.

The Fighting Collection looks nice though.

1 minute ago, delete_me said:

they might as well have hold off the announcement until then to be honest.

DNF Duel people literally dropped a trailer, explained nothing, made us forget it even existed and then randomly announced a beta.

I would've rather they done nothing than seeing that little wack video. NRS went through the trouble of animating a full ass fight between characters that, looking back on it, hide a bunch of gameplay mechanics in it. These dudes just gave us two different memes, an ugly logo and patted themselves on the back.