Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Fun Fact: just because a company says some shit like that doesn't mean its enforceable.

Its bold of Capcom to assume that because the lawyer probably fucked up. Seriously half the shit in End User license Agreements doesn't actually hold up in courts. Sign up,  do your job and then see if they'll find any judge in the US that'll somehow agree with the claim that a company can steal your work because  they agreed they could with a person unrelated to you.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I am loving how most tos are just telling capcom to get fucked with that nonsense of licencing agreements. 

It makes more sense in more areas than it doesn't. Any TO that in any way, shape or form wanted this hobby to go the eSports route asked for this.

They don't get to be mad now that things got complicated.

47 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Hey remember when Namco blew the fuck out that one start up group doing shows on Twitch? The ones that had the belt and everything. From one week to the next they had to get rid of Tekken 7 from their line up.

:coffee:

That was waaaaaay different. 

The tournament/event in question was not a grassroots event. 

It was an invitational esports event with outside sponsors trying to ash in on the scene. 

Namco put their foot down because it was external companies trying to profit from their ips. 

Notice how that year tjey didn't have an issue with other majors, events and small tournaments. 

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

The tournament/event in question was not a grassroots event. 

It was an invitational esports event with outside sponsors trying to ash in on the scene. 

Namco put their foot down because it was external companies trying to profit from their ips. 

More reason to be able to communicate to Capcom directly that you aren't tied up with any type of fuckery. I just remember the event getting bodied but not the specifics.

Those being the facts, they definitely show a need for a big ass corporation to know who they are dealing with.

God FGC Twitter is hateable. Any company is going to be protective over their brand. Even more so the logos of w/e they are selling. Doesn't matter how ugly or pretty the logo is, they're gonna ask that you at least show their logo properly.

Rough day in life when Capcom makes more sense than regular people but eh fuck'em. This is what you get for all those of years saying smash was a fighting game and that top players needed to get paid.

57 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Looks like thing will never be the same like it was before, I wonder if the other major FG brand owners will follow the trend.

Doubtful. 

This is capcom assuming that since they have been favored by many majors and scenes, they can do whatever they want and people will play ball. 

This is pure hubris born from arrogance. 

The otjer companies, at least for now, know that need the grassroots events to help promote the games. 

Edited by Hecatom
19 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Capcom really wants people to play other FGs.

Thats really kind of them.

I would love to think that this will serve as a wakeup call for the fgc that there are other options and that we are very likely better by stoping with this capxom centrism. , but i expect that as soon as capcom backpedaled everyone will return to the status quo 😒

Just now, Hecatom said:

And the GOAT, HnK cast. 

Motherfuckers show that even when everyone is broken and can tod you from anything, you will still have god tiers and low tiers, 😂

Man, that game irks me because at AnimEVO I was the only sucker who brought the right kind of converter for HnK to be played on the main stage and they held up my TMNT:TF Top 8 for several hours until it was done.  I ate the cost of the ticket of a Godsmack concert I didn't attend because if not for that mess I would have been out and ready to rock.  

Stupid foot stab combos...

That Jackie Chan game is comedy. You have three Jackies out of a nine man roster and two of the Jackies are the toppest of tiers, so every tournament usually has a Jackie in the match.

Even funnier is that this game has blood and fatalities. But since that gets turned off anytime a Jackie is in a match, a lot of people don’t even know that there’s even blood.

12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

How can they forget to bring something important to run the setups, lmao. 

After what happened at Capcom Cup 2019 and its LCQ, I just assume I'm the only one showing up prepared and carry some emergency gear just in case shit goes south.  That's how I've documented SFxT events the last decade and that's how I'll do it for a decade more if I'm still at it.  

21 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

FGC Twitter: I want big tournaments with big money.

Dude there's so much shit here that is stuff the FGC asked for and now they're all acting dumb about it.

1) FGC twitter wanted a Code of Conduct. Fine, if you run a capcom game there is one that applies to the tournament. So if you hold an event, you cant let slide people who got banned. This is what we were told we've needed for a long time.

2) You want Capcom to advertise the FGC? Fine. They need to use your footage. If you're streaming their game, they get to do w/e with the footage. Because ultimately they don't have to give you permission to use it but fuck it, at least they can do a feel good montage from clips etc.

3)  People got mad at spectator passes a long time ago. Well here it is. You can bring friends to tournaments so they can see what the hype is about at no charge.

FGC wants money from companies making the games well, here you are. Hell in M:TG everything was corporate because the software used to run brackets was given to stores. They gave stores that, sanctioning so you knew the place was not entirely a scam etc.  It can't be that Capcom has to coordinate higher tier gameplay, work out sponsors and other things then get asked go give people money with 0 strings attached. FGC real slackjawed about what corporate involvement meant long term.

Should've stayed grassroots, told newcomers mostly to fuck off and "pros" to get actual jobs.

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

1) FGC twitter wanted a Code of Conduct. Fine, if you run a capcom game there is one that applies to the tournament. So if you hold an event, you cant let slide people who got banned. This is what we were told we've needed for a long time.

Funny how I see this as soon as I saw your post.

Yeah, it all seems pretty expected when you want the corporations to pay you the big bucks. Probably the only thing that sucks is that you can only have a set amount for cash prizes, but I could just be missing something.

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Probably the only thing that sucks is that you can only have a set amount for cash prizes, but I could just be missing something.

If you offer small money, they don't really have to worry too much.

If you start advertising big money, they wanna make sure you are good for it. Wtf is Capcom supposed to say if somebody advertises 15k for a prize pool at a tournament?

After that, if somebody bones the community now that they are formalizing things, what is Capcom supposed to do?

People wanna run to Capcom to fix things but get mad when they put in a position to have any sort of power to do so.

19 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Funny how I see this as soon as I saw your post.

Yeah, it all seems pretty expected when you want the corporations to pay you the big bucks. Probably the only thing that sucks is that you can only have a set amount for cash prizes, but I could just be missing something.

It really irks me how stupid clows are still trying to cancel Infiltration and Noel Brown (it was him right) 

Those stupid twats keep parroting shit that is incorrect just because some imbecile virtue signaling said it on twatter. 

Twatter users need to be gassed

Gassed is coming off way strong. But nobody has been able to explain how infiltration makes places unsafe. That dude ain't touching anybody at a tournament; much less any women there.

Everybody knows what he looks like. If he remotely stepped out of line he'd lose what he has left of a career doing this silly shit.

All the people that want him banned from tournaments are a bigger threat to him than the other way around. 

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Snip

The only reason i heard is that he was involved in collusion.

But that also ties in with the lawsuit against his ex wife, where it was confirmed that all the crap that "leaked"  online was proven in court to be his ex wife and some third parties trying to smear him.

And seeing how many twatter users still believe that crap, it seems it worked to some extent.

I find the whole thing fascinating and yet also not changing much.  UD has been saying for at least a decade the ownership issue of streaming a retail product, and these ppl freaking out about "now Capcom owns my stream footage" apparently didn't know that that was already the case, more or less.  Today's message just makes it clear you'd lose any attempt to ding Capcom in any way if they took your stream footage. 

The bit about professional photographers is rough, but any event important enough for those pros will be a esports license, in which a TO can negotiate considerations for photography etc as they see fit.

I agree with UD that the language about "spectators that participate" is unclear since usually a "participant" means player, and "spectator" means not a player.  The wording seems contradictory.

More interesting is this being pinned to SFV:CE. So, older versions of SFV are exempt?  Minor point, I just thought that odd.

I do think the timing is good. If it pisses off ppl in the short term, well SFV is done in a year anyway, and if they extend this to cover SF6, well we'll all have a year's experience in what actually changes so the knee-jerk vitriol will have died down.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Gassed is coming off way strong. But nobody has been able to explain how infiltration makes places unsafe. That dude ain't touching anybody at a tournament; much less any women there.

Everybody knows what he looks like. If he remotely stepped out of line he'd lose what he has left of a career doing this silly shit.

All the people that want him banned from tournaments are a bigger threat to him than the other way around. 

At this point I want him to win ArcRevo just to watch the madness that would unfold.  

Second perspective on this. I got to top 100 once, got top 300 becasue I didn't feel like playing as much during January.

Why do I have to go through all this malarkey just to run sets with people on my level or at least the level I was at?

Think if you take a break from Strive and come back this is a massive demotivator.

4 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

So ArcRevo actually happened last weekend, and I didn't hear a peep about it on my socials.

Infil got 2nd.  I figured the drama would be beyond belief as he got closer to the prize.

I was actually in the chat in the ArcSys stream for those finals. A lot of people were bitching that Infiltration was even allowed to play and hoping that TY would win just because he was against him. Chat was even more annoying whenever Infil was on stream. I did see Hotashi talking about it on Twitter (Saying TY saved Strive with his win) but that’s all I saw.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I was actually in the chat in the ArcSys stream for those finals. A lot of people were bitching that Infiltration was even allowed to play and hoping that TY would win just because he was against him. Chat was even more annoying whenever Infil was on stream. I did see Hotashi talking about it on Twitter (Saying TY saved Strive with his win) but that’s all I saw.

If he got this close there's a very real possibility he runs it back.  Now I wonder if he'd be down for making things happen in KOFXV.