Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in there that screams fake. The summer release date, the fact that it says "Ken Masters" instead of just "Ken", or that the lineup would include El Fuerte, probably one of the simultaneously most disliked and forgotten-about characters in SF history. Matter of fact the entire list of characters just seems wrong and off, there's no way that's the real thing.

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Notice none of them said no to Ingrid with cargo pants 👀

Not necessary. When it comes to Ingrid in SF my answer is no period. No qualifiers change that answer. The fact that Capcom rolled out all the CFN profiles that took other non SF characters like Ruby Heart, gave them a SF universe version, and left Ingrid as a CFAS character says it all. Hell they gave more deference to EX Characters than her.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I don't care much about SF anymore,but it seems weird that Haggar is one of the few FF characters NOT to be in a SF game when almost every other FF  had made an appearance. 

I guess as long as Zangief is there He'll never make it in. 

Then i hope will never see Haggar in SF lol

9 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I don’t believe it. We aren’t getting more news about SF6 until Summer 2022, which is probably the earliest we’ll get a release date. The earliest I can see SF6 coming out is November 2022, but I’m more confident it’ll be a 2023 release.

I'm pretty sure it will be a "release it as early as possible, our dumb fanbase will gobble it up and defend us for it anyway" release.

36 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I'm pretty sure it will be a "release it as early as possible, our dumb fanbase will gobble it up and defend us for it anyway" release.

Capcom told people what the deal was with the release version of SF5. the problem was the Capcom USA made up their own timeline of things and there went that.

That said, they tried it, didn't like it, mostly everybody had a terrible time and we all would've been better off waiting one more year for it to be released.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Capcom told people what the deal was with the release version of SF5. the problem was the Capcom USA made up their own timeline of things and there went that.

That said, they tried it, didn't like it, mostly everybody had a terrible time and we all would've been better off waiting one more year for it to be released.

The Capcom USA/Capcom Japan disconnect was endemic of the problems in their fighting game division. CoJ bitched about the roadmap only to turn around institute roadmaps later on.  It came off to me, and I could be totally of base, that the roadmap was signed off on, development hit a snag, and they threw Capcom USA under the bus for it. That roadmap was not out for a few days it was out for months, it was only when things went side ways that is suddenly an issue. Then you had the whole no X-men issue with MvCi that Combofiend got hung out to dry on. It was one cluster fuck after the other.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

. It was one cluster fuck after the other.

for sure it was, but it isn't like they hid how much of a clusterfuck it was going to be.

They tried something different because of the circumstances, didn't work out, I'm happy with them not ever doing that again.  Don't think its useful to treat that time as if the entire world was blind to how shit was going to be. We just didn't know how bad core functionalities would be.

Had the online been amazing, we wouldn't have cared. But because all of that was ass, then what little we got was subject to rightfully being obliterated.

It was so footsies focused, that Kazunooko won CPT with Divekicks and DPs, while not giving a shit about footsies.

There was so much BS in SFIV that the Footsies focus is a joke at this point.

The only upside to SFIV Neutral compared to SFV is that SFIV had Normals that did more than expand your hurtbox to get Crush Counterd.

57 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Try that on my Margit the Fell Omen!

Hopefully the quit the comeback nonsense. Its crazy how that v-trigger/ultra stuff just drags down gameplay so much.

If you're game is gonna be crazy, let it be crazy. But the world of x-factor, v-triggers, and all that other stuff is tired. that shit sucks.

40 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It was so footsies focused, that Kazunooko won CPT with Divekicks and DPs, while not giving a shit about footsies.

Yeah, that one instant completely negated everything else. LMAO.