Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2023_Nintendo_Year_in_Review_2.jpg?ex=65

2023_Nintendo_Year_in_Review_MPHRSSHOWN.

d86473b1-230c-419c-b984-053d276ace10.png

Did my second playthrough of it, but this year is first time that I played the Witcher 3 fully. 
Base game story + the story DLCs!!  The new update with the Henry Cavill outfits was amazing!

No sense posting up my PlayStation stats as I got my PS5 back in October.
So Spiderman 2 and DAD OF BOI: Ragnarok Vahalla are my most played PS games of the year!

Edited by CDB2k20
On 12/22/2023 at 6:47 PM, Hecatom said:

havent gotten around to watching the whole video yet, but there used to be random SF2 machines all over the place on the Canadian side of the falls back in the day. I also remember there being a pretty great arcade in the Skylon Tower and I'm pretty sure that's the first place I ever saw an SF3 machine.

Edited by DoctaMario

So...I just finished watching the Gran Turismo movie on whim since its on Netflix and I was not expecting to like this movie as much as I did!  Its just a really good underdog feel good movie with bit of a theme of "when do you decide to fully support your child even when there is a chance they could be hurt?".  I was really not expecting to get sucked in to this movie but they legit had me cheering for Jann.  Neil did a really good job on this movie...I completely underestimsted it.  They got me wanting to play Gran Turismo and it wasn't even the main part of the movie.  I think I'm gonna drag my wife into watching it.  If you have 2 hours to burn and you have Netflix, I'd recommend giving this movie a watch.

So---BG3--- my first character finally met up with "Auntie Ethel"....and yeahhh I'm still probably not quite ready to deal with all that.  I got into a battle with several "interesting" folks hanging out at Auntie's place, and it was a no-win situation there; I had to just reload an earlier save. (one can cast a magical curse that makes characters take damage on every turn of battle...eventually, all I could do was keep having Shadowheart heal people; no further chances to attack....besides, she tends to miss when doing an attack anyway so I just see her being the support role mostly at this point.)

This was a tangent though; I've already done the major thing with wiping out a certain village, and it appears that *technically* I could go into an area that starts Act 2, but it still looks like quite a bit of map isn't even explored yet just on Act 1, on this character. (Stefano the Sorcerer....oh and yeah my sorcerer has indeed laid pipe on Minthara's fine ass now.)

**oh---and this character has unlocked 2 illithid powers now---"Stage Fright" and Psionic Overload... so far Stage Fright is incredible; makes enemies attack at disadvantage...and each time they "miss" an attack they take psychic damage....one of my recent battles it appeared to work with the "opportunity" attacks as well, so 2 monsters in the Underdark got worn down pretty fast because they kept missing me and taking damage as a result.

Edited by MillionX

I just started FFXVI on a whim just kind of get started and get a feel for the game and I'm getting sucked in the great misfortunes of Clive now.  I was not planning on adding this to my plate right now lol.

A German study has shown that playing Super Mario Odyssey can reduce depressive symptoms by nearly 50%

https://mynintendonews.com/2023/12/26/a-german-study-revealed-playing-mario-odyssey-reduced-depressive-symptoms-by-nearly-50/

study in question

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2023.1173652/full

I can believe it.

Extra

I don't think we'll ever reach a time as innovative as the 90's for games cause I can't stop being amazed at how they got around limitations for things back and in the day and how they make stuff work to give games their feel.

Edited by Sonichuman
11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I just started FFXVI on a whim just kind of get started and get a feel for the game and I'm getting sucked in the great misfortunes of Clive now.  I was not planning on adding this to my plate right now lol.

That was me when I booted up Baldur's gate 3. I figure I'll create character and save it for later. Then 3 hours went by. 

47 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That was me when I booted up Baldur's gate 3. I figure I'll create character and save it for later. Then 3 hours went by. 

Man, I can't stop playing that game. I have not been this locked in on a game since, fittingly enough, Dragon Age Origins. They keep patching it with new options as well. There is a certain character that you could only recruit by doing specific thing in Act 1 that you can now recruit regardless of your choice. The "Non Lethal Damage" toggle keeps becoming more useful over time. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem