Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I was hoping that the usual suspects wouldn't try to grift on the Zelda game...and surprisingly enough the main one who I'm not naming isn't.  However some of the people he's riled up previously are definitely trying to say their usual dumb talking points.  I wouldn't bother looking stuff up unless you're morbidly curious...it's just gonna make you want to leave the planet.  I'm just....so tired....

Nb4 Echoes of Wokeness 🙄

Imagine that echo power in real life--- the obvious move is to just make magical copies of money repeatedly.  Sheeeit, you'd be a fool to not abuse the power in that particular way.  Gold, paper money and coins; I'm duping everything, folks.... then you start making magical clones of certain people and we can get into some real degenerate good times pretty fast.

20 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

"Gamergate men". I am sorry but this dude is clown. He should just take his L like a man. People have pointed this out. He's experienced it personally but somehow wants to insult the people like it's their fault it's taking place. They are not the publisher. Does he think he's the only person in the industry that has this done to design pitches? I'm half to tempted to Tweet "Why does it matter?" but I don't think I will.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

"Gamergate men". I am sorry but this dude is clown. He should just take his L like a man. People have pointed this out. He's experienced it personally but somehow wants to insult the people like it's their fault it's taking place. They are not the publisher. Does he think he's the only person in the industry that has this done to design pitches? I'm half to tempted to Tweet "Why does it matter?" but I don't think I will.

He tries to clarify. Even @TWINBLADES make an appearance!

23 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Chuds are complaining that Zelda has gone woke now that she is finally playable and her name has been in the MF titles since 1986? I'd say I'm surprised but come on, we knew this was coming.

No,  this is an obvious act of wokeness and DEI. They turned Zelda into a WOMAN, goddammit 😡

Nothing is safe anymore.  Just watch, I bet they turn Metroid into a woman next.  SMGDH

So OG Perfect Dark? Still slaps. As someone who played it religiously with his friends on N64 back in the day, it is kinda strange to play it with a much higher frame rate. I did not expect to spend 2 hours in Combat Simulator and doing the first 2 missions of the story mode but it was time well spent. The soundtrack goes just as hard as I remember. I might even pick up a third party N64 controller just to play Perfect Dark regularly.

Yooooo, when are the pre-orders for LOZ: Echoes of Wisdom, M&L: Brothership and MARVEL vs CAPCOM Collection: Arcade Classics going live? Amazon already sold out of their Ace Attorney Investigations Switch copies.

Frustrated Little Mermaid GIF 

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

Chuds are complaining that Zelda has gone woke now that she is finally playable and her name has been in the MF titles since 1986? I'd say I'm surprised but come on, we knew this was coming.

Got examples? I haven't seen anything from my end and my timelines does have quite a bit of Right wing stuff...so far peeps been happy that Zelda is how it's supposed to be done. 

also since it's WOMEN WEDNESDAY:

17 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

He tries to clarify. Even @TWINBLADES make an appearance!

No, he's not being genuine. I don't know why brought this up at all. He's in the industry. If wants to keep getting jobs, he's not going keep it 100. Which is why I'm not even bothering with it. I mean the stylized argument is a joke because the same issues rear their heads in games with face scans. Like Kojima's work and Capcom's RE titles versus their western developed counterparts.

If you ask me to comment on the company I work for publicly, I'm going sugar coat what I say or give you a non answer because I need my job. Plus they keep buying competitors, so burning that bridge means you basically have to go into another industry.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Got examples? I haven't seen anything from my end and my timelines does have quite a bit of Right wing stuff...so far peeps been happy that Zelda is how it's supposed to be done. 

Sonichuman pointed it out already with RGT 85 calling out people's idiocy in his video. Granted, you got the usual grifter suspects, but still...

Extra:

A tweet popped up that I wasn't sure of the context at first but then once I found out it made more sense

Yipes is doing the Hot Ones challenge lmao

I can only imagine he probably got around to DA Bomb before he started hallucinating.

Edit 2:

Been watching the full vid and yeah...it was Da Bomb.  Da Bomb usually either makes or breaks people.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If I'm going to criticize Eventhubs then I have to credit them as well. Actually video game journalism on why Xbox and PS5 got skipped by the MvC Collection.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2024/jun/20/marvel-capcom-skip-xbox/

You know, now that they mentioned that this collection uses the same skeleton of the sf30th collection and the fighting game collection, it has me wondering if it will also introduce the same issue that those games have.
The lag cycle where the input lag keeps increasing in intervals, increasing each 10 seconds.

It is an issue that is present on all their fg releases since SFV.

Something they never fixed btw.

It was somewhat mitigated on SFV because they reduced the input lag from 8 to like 5 to 6, but it stills goes up to like 10f of input lag at its peak before going back down on the cycle.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You know, now that they mentioned that this collection uses the same skeleton of the sf30th collection and the fighting game collection, it has me wondering if it will also introduce the same issue that those games have.
The lag cycle where the input lag keeps increasing in intervals, increasing each 10 seconds.

It is an issue that is present on all their fg releases since SFV.

Something they never fixed btw.

It was somewhat mitigated on SFV because they reduced the input lag from 8 to like 5 to 6, but it stills goes up to like 10f of input lag at its peak before going back down on the cycle.

SFV is on Unreal 4. The collection is on MT Framework, which is what SF4 was on. So both having the same issue is curious, because the engines are completely different. 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

SFV is on Unreal 4. The collection is on MT Framework, which is what SF4 was on. So both having the same issue is curious, because the engines are completely different. 

My guess is that it is due logic on the code introducing the issue.
Since as you mentioned, they are on different engines, and the old games are actually being emulated to boot.

My guess is that this is introduced either on the netcode or the logic behind how the game handles the processes.
Cuz being on 2 totally different engines tells you is not an engine issue, and specially since is an issue explicit to capcom and their fgs, since no other game by other company has this on UE4.

I have not checked if is present on SF6, since people have not tested for it as far as I know.
If it did, it will be an issue on 3 different engines with only 1 common denominator, lol.

Another interesting thing is that as far as I am aware, MVC3/UMVC3 doesn't have this issue, despite being on the MT Framework, which suggest that it is something introduced until recently, what is weird that while SFV was done by Capcom themselves for the most part with support from other studios and freelancers, but the 3th collection was done by Digital Eclipse and other studio, so this suggest that it could be something with their internal tools.

32 minutes ago, iStu X said:

IMG_0814.jpeg

"Can choose between graphics and performance mode on PS5/Xbox series"

Kinda curious what this entails since its a 2D HD game.  You'd think this game could and should be able to run 4K/60 no issues on those platforms so I'm wondering there's crazy graphic intensive shit going on in the background that we don't know/can't see or if the performance mode is gonna put the game running at like 120fps or something.

I have been telling my nephew, since he started searching on YouTube and found out about all the stuff Nintendo does to fan created games/mods, Nintendo isn't your friend, they are a business and they view IP as their life blood. Fans making content, especially  if they begin to sell it, weakens the hold they have on it. They know this because they fucked someone over doing the same thing, so never expect mercy if you try to make playable or marketable fan content with Nintendo IP. 

Enjoy the games but know they will fuck up your life if they think you are coming for their IP or sales money.

Edit: Fighting Force collection, I almost want to get that. I never got to play any version of the original. The sequel was ok but it wasn't a beat em up.

Edited by Wellman
4 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I never finished the OG GCN Paper Mario: TTYD, but I did get through chapter 1. Even so, I do not recall the big red dragon

Reveal hidden contents

offering me a chance to SNIFF HER FEET. Like... WHAT EVEN?!?!

The Good Life Wow GIF by Corbin Luxury

I just beat switch version last night. 
I had it for GameCube but I think the farthest I ever got was right before Creepy Steeple. It couldn’t hold my attention back then. I’m surprised it did playing the remake. Though I think it was me wanting to give it a genuine chance by playing through it from beginning to end to see if the game ‘clicked’ with me like it has with so many other people. 

it didn’t. 

The game is very…meh. I don’t know why everyone thinks it has such a deep and engaging story. It doesn’t. Same with rich characterization. It doesn’t. Same with its battle system. The badge system is horribly unbalanced. 

This is another one of those games like Super Mario RPG where it feels like people nostalgia for it oversells its actual quality as a game. That said, I’m not saying it was a bad game or bad experience. The game just felt very one dimensional and boring to me. Very barebones but still has a lot of the Mario charm. Which I think gives it the longevity and reverence it has 

it’s like a really low 7 for me. Border lining on 6. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Nintendo isn't your friend, they are a business and they view IP as their life blood.

It's fucking mind blowing to me how many people do not understand this at all. 

Now people are pissed Nintendo DMCA'd a site selling their sheet music without a license for it. Yea thats called stealing you idiots.

I pirate plenty of stuff, but I don't cry when the law comes knocking. I find a new port to plunder like a proper pirate ☠️ 👌 

Edited by RSG3

not sure how this slipped under the radar for me; I just noticed it on the PSN store... and it's on sale there for just 5.99 right now

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1924430/Cookie_Cutter/

the odd art style reminds me of the days of Earthworm Jim...

...and that gets me thinking it would be nice if that character made a comeback; I'd keep him to the 2d (or 2.5d) animated format though.

Edited by MillionX

vids

Edited by Sonichuman

Interesting... quite a few things I didn't even know about the game...

yep I've been hooked on this lately....a new addiction has begun.  I haven't dealt with the PvP aspect of the game yet though.  Eventually I do intend to seek out a clan of fellow like-minded vamps, probably.

Edited by MillionX