Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Red Dead is about what I expected.  Only thing I wish they didn't do was slap the $50 tag on it if they are just porting it with less features than when it released with barely any upgrades graphically.  Only thing I'm seeing that's different in comparison shots is mostly the lighting and I'm sure the resolution will be better but thats about it.

Of course I'm gonna be more interested to hear DF's thoughts when they get hands on with it.

Edited by Sonichuman

After the GTA "Remaster", I'm not sure why anyone expected different from Rockstar. The worst thing to happen that company was GTA5 Online. They've been living off that forever and their software output has tanked because of it. Game development takes longer now, so they would not have churned out three GTA games last generation but I'm sure gamers would be waiting for a GTA7 announcement right now because GTA6 would have been out on PS4 and XB1.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Didn't know that there were issues some graphical issues going on with Goldeneye on Switch and Xbox but apparently the latest update to NSO took several steps to making it better and then took one step back.  Twitter thread about it here.

The Xbox version being considered the worst version between the 2 is pretty crazy.  And the 1 step back has to do with the audio.

I didn't quite catch it at first so I turned it up upon watching it again and you can definitely tell that it's a bit muffled.  It's not a major thing but if you've played the game a million times like this dude has then it's definitely going to be noticeable.

16 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I FINALLY BEAT SEKIRO!

spacer.png

Shura ending, and I still have my other run going but man... Feels like my biggest gaming accomplishment in awhile considering how many times I considered just hanging it up.

Btw is the gif feature broken for anyone else here? I can hit the button but nothing ever loads.

I was just thinking to ping you to check on your progress. Congratulations! How did it feel?

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

I was just thinking to ping you to check on your progress. Congratulations! How did it feel?

Feels great to have it behind me, although I know I'll probably keep playing. I'm still sussing out Sword Saint Isshin, but I'm fairly close on that one, and I'm not sure if I'll take a break or just jump back in. I tried starting Nioh but something about it feels kinda cheap coming off Sekiro and I do think I need a break from soulslikes for a bit.

58 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Feels great to have it behind me, although I know I'll probably keep playing. I'm still sussing out Sword Saint Isshin, but I'm fairly close on that one, and I'm not sure if I'll take a break or just jump back in. I tried starting Nioh but something about it feels kinda cheap coming off Sekiro and I do think I need a break from soulslikes for a bit.

I just finished Jedi Fallen Order and that Soulslike was alright. If you want to give an easy game a go but still want to deal with bonfires and estus flasks, that's an alright game. Very easy.

I recently replayed Dad of War again, this time on PC, and really enjoyed it. The game already looked alarmingly great on PS4, but being able to play it at a high framerate improved the experience quite a bit. I decided to get GoW3 remastered afterwards, and man, 30 minutes in and it feels like shit in comparison. The hits just don't seem to have any impact to them, it's like playing fucking Gauntlet or something. I'll give it some more time, as I did enjoy the first two back when they were new, but what a stark reminder of why I used to dunk on American action games so hard. Kudos to Sony Santa Monica for making such a massive improvement with DoW. 

3 hours ago, Dayaan said:

I just finished Jedi Fallen Order and that Soulslike was alright. If you want to give an easy game a go but still want to deal with bonfires and estus flasks, that's an alright game. Very easy.

Eh. I wound up downloading that Detroit: Become Human game and started it. Pretty incredible game and story so far, hopefully it keeps holding up.

I also started playing that beat em up The Takeover. The combat is pretty old school, you're not going to be doing any SoR4 type stuff, but the standout thing is the art style. Like this game has an art style I wish more beat em ups would go with because between the comic noir cutscenes and how that carries over to the more actualized action graphics is really well done.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I also started playing that beat em up The Takeover. The combat is pretty old school, you're not going to be doing any SoR4 type stuff, but the standout thing is the art style. Like this game has an art style I wish more beat em ups would go with because between the comic noir cutscenes and how that carries over to the more actualized action graphics is really well done.

I just looked it up. Graphicwise looks like a N64 game. I like it.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I just looked it up. Graphicwise looks like a N64 game. I like it.

If you can get it cheap, it's definitely worth picking up. It's not quite as polished as some of the other beat em ups out there but man is it easy on the eyes and the combat is pretty satisfying.

17 hours ago, GreyFoxx said:

Guessing when Gouki comes out that Donatello will use his moves. Then if another shoto comes out in the future that's Mikey!

Speaking of something. Who would want to see a remaster of Double Dragon (1987) and Shinobi (1987) using the same engines and graphics being used for Street fighter 6 and Mortal Kombat 1?

Edited by Jion_Wansu
13 hours ago, Camacho said:

I recently replayed Dad of War again, this time on PC, and really enjoyed it. The game already looked alarmingly great on PS4, but being able to play it at a high framerate improved the experience quite a bit. I decided to get GoW3 remastered afterwards, and man, 30 minutes in and it feels like shit in comparison. The hits just don't seem to have any impact to them, it's like playing fucking Gauntlet or something. I'll give it some more time, as I did enjoy the first two back when they were new, but what a stark reminder of why I used to dunk on American action games so hard. Kudos to Sony Santa Monica for making such a massive improvement with DoW. 

My least favorite part of the OG God of War games was the sound effects.  I agree with you 100%.  When you are out there whooping people's ass, there is no impact in the hits or anything.  That always really bothered me, especially because the music in the game is top tier.

This game, man 🤣 (timestamped 22:15 when he finds the "love shack"...check out the look on Shadowheart's face...)

*I'm at a dilemma now---I want to keep watching playthrus but of course that naturally spoils all kinds of things for myself....

This has all brought back so many great memories of other games that allow you to be a truly evil character... Kingdoms of Amalur, Elder Scrolls games and Fable series being my favorites, of course.  I remember 1 minor sidequest in Amalur when I reunited 2 lovers...only to murder both of them right after I got my reward....heh, or that time I sold the fat woman to a slave master in Fable 2....another time in Amalur, early in the game when you can slaughter an entire town of people at the behest of some spider queen/demon... or betraying the Warsworn faction at the end of their questline and then having to fight all of them...such good times.

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, RegH81 said:

A little while back, I started a new game of Super Mario Odyssey. I finished the game last night and it still remains one of the best games on the Switch and one of the best 3D platfomers around. And Peach is still on POS Hall of Fame for almost leaving Mario on the Moon and not saying thanks for traveling across the world to save her worthless hide.

I agree 100% with you.  It's probably the best Switch game IMO as well.  I remember beating the game and being disappointed that it was over, only for it to be revealed that there were A SHITLOAD more moons to find and even more little bonus levels after that.  God damn such an amazing game.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

It seems that my return to Yugi Oh! has been cut short by Konami adding the KAshtira archetype and the cancer they bring 🤣😂☹️💀

Kashtira has been in ygo for almost a year. More people use it as an engine than an arc type. Also if you’re playing by OCG than Kash are used even less. 

Edited by iStu X
35 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Kashtira has been in ygo for almost a year. More people use it as an engine than an arc type. Also if you’re playing by OCG than Kash are used even less. 

Yeah, but Kash was added today to Master Duel, and well, we have a different rule set and ban list than TCG and OCG, so we are stuck with some really nasty shit because of it.

Right now is fucking cancer, Konami repeating the same mistake with Diablosis, lol

this is why i am against fake leakers and those that defend it along those that downplay the effects in the community of their wrong doing.

It they push toxic entitled behavior because of misinformation and false expectation not base from real data and user feedback but expectation and being misinformed. I have seen a lot of that in fb groups

Believers assume developers are holding back and cancelling already made content thus rallying and demanding against devs for something that weren't there in the beginning or might have been in the drawing board in later seasons but never even started. It's frustrating for something good that never happened 

And it only ends up making dev feels being manipulated and pressured for something that might be on the table in the future but never yet done. And if people gets what it wants because of being rush or being dictated and manipulated by fake leakers while being pressured by rallying fooled gamers by the fake leakers. If fooled gamers gets what they demanded and the fake leaker's fake news/leaks it ill happen again thus a recurring problem.

It creates a terrible cycle that is unhealthy for the devs and designers while turning the fake leaker as someone fake to become credible and creates fake expectation on delivery a decent content 

SO the best case scenario to deal with fake leakers and the toxicity it creates,  Is avoid being predictable and obvious with planned dlc and projects, then avoid popular wishlist and speculation.  So the fake leakers are the reason why we cannot have things that we really need and want because people are rallying against dev for something that hasn't done yet

u7MOerW.png